PDA

View Full Version : Um....WOW.

brokenblossoms
04-12-2007, 10:45 PM
http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/F2007RTW/GDEACON/RUNWAY/00230m.jpg

This is one of the most stupid things I've ever seen!!!

Talk about having to THROW the yarn! O__o

Mommy22alyns
04-12-2007, 10:46 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

Yarn Doc
04-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Oh dear god! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SabrinaJL
04-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Really? That's fashionable? Seriously? :??

Well, I suppose at least you'll have a scarf for your pet giant, should he get cold. :roll:

BinkyKat
04-12-2007, 10:57 PM
:??
to quote my mom's typical saying, "What the crap?"

either the scarf is huge, or she's been to the deep jungle and a voodoo witch dr. shrunk her head...i'll vote for the latter...

letah75
04-12-2007, 10:58 PM
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Oh good lord. Wonder if they used those ginormous 50's you see at Michael's?

dakatzmeow
04-12-2007, 10:59 PM
photoshop maybe? :shrug:

hellokitty165
04-12-2007, 11:33 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

iza
04-12-2007, 11:36 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

orcoastknitter
04-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Hope she's not claustrophobic. :rofl: :roflhard:

Jan in CA
04-13-2007, 12:35 AM
:??

Lieke
04-13-2007, 01:06 AM
at least, she isn't cold :teehee:

hunterjenn
04-13-2007, 01:12 AM
:rofl: That's right up there with this:

Orangeus
04-13-2007, 01:21 AM
I keep looking at her feet, and picturing what happened .4 seconds after this picture was taken *FACEPLANT*. Maybe that is why the scarf is so ginormus;To protect the fragil head of the model!

Aquaria
04-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Hmm... fashion designers have such unusual ideas nowadays but this one is yet the queerest I've ever seen! :roflhard:

I wonder what needle size they used? :?? :rofl:

orcoastknitter
04-13-2007, 01:46 AM
:rofl: That's right up there with this:

It looks the abominable snowman got peed on.

:teehee:

CarmenIbanez
04-13-2007, 03:02 AM
I just want to see the HANK that the yarn came from!!!

Now that I think of it, imagine it in MMMMMMMalabrigo. I wouldn't mind wrapping myself in that. It almost sounds cool if you imagine a blanket that is actually knit to look like a scarf. Or course I would be wrapped up nekkid, so I'd never actually leave the house with it!!

:roflhard:

RiverDaughter
04-13-2007, 03:11 AM
I hate to say it, but there have been some days that I wish I had a scarf like that, it would definitely keep me warm! :roflhard:

nuknitter
04-13-2007, 03:36 AM
No, no, no! She's just keeping it warm until that giant German Easter Bunny grows into it!! :rofl:

MMK
04-13-2007, 06:02 AM
I have that outfit!!!! :whoosh:

Seriously, why do they show stuff that NO one would ever buy? It seems like a waste of time and effort.

Ingrid
04-13-2007, 07:43 AM
I think they made the scarf so big to distract from the shoes! :rofl:

I'd love to know what she was thinking at that point. :teehee:

DotMom61
04-13-2007, 08:37 AM
I'd love to know what she was thinking at that point. :teehee:

And I was wondering what her reaction was when they told her she had to wear it. :shock:

nadja la claire
04-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Must be made with 80 ply yarn and knitted with baseball bats. It sure looks dumb. I can't imagine how that poor skinny little thing is holding herself up with all that weight, she must be wearing a truss. I hope she got paid extra.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

auburnchick
04-13-2007, 09:38 AM
:doh: People who make things like that give knitters a bad name!!!!

And I do not care how much you paid me...I don't think I would walk around with that thing on! Of course, put me on a soccer field on a really frigid day...:rofl:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

DotMom61
04-13-2007, 09:46 AM
I was curious about whether or not this photo had been "photoshopped," so I went and tracked down the fashion show it's from. It's not photoshopped. Take a look at this (http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/F2007RTW/review/GDEACON) slideshow for more gimongous knitted absurdities. (click the link below the picture) :rollingeyes:

I'm trying really hard NOT to go off on a rant about how the models all look pale and emaciated. It's clear to me that none of them could possibly be in their right minds if they're consenting to wear the things they're wearing. :wall:

five_six
04-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Hmmm... I wouldn't wear it like that anyway... but it's kinda cool as a blanky, or a rug... like this one

stacyk9
04-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Take a look at this slideshow

What the ?!?!?!?!?!?!? I bet the girls who had their faces covered were glad no one could see them!!

CRAZY!!!

Stacy

jodstr2
04-13-2007, 11:05 AM
wow. 1 strand is as big as her ankle.

MaryS
04-13-2007, 11:21 AM
OH MY GAWD!!! :shock: :ick: :shock: :zombie: :shock:

(where's the BARF emoticon when you need it) :shrug:

Those girls all look like they're being tortured - and they ARE!

And what's with the 'feather' feet. They remind me of Big Bird! :roflhard:

:fingerwag: Some people should be forbidden from EVER touching yarn! :fingerwag:

I think they're only applauding in the last picture because it's OVER!!

Mary

brendajos
04-13-2007, 11:28 AM
The thing is that we ALL know that these design shows have very little basis in what really comes out on the market. they are like concept cars basically. Just the ideas and then someone takes them and makes them realistic for all of us. The models are used to it and are well compensated i am sure for having to dress ridiculous.

as far as the freakish thinness... well that goes without saying... :verysad:

mwedzi
04-13-2007, 11:41 AM
The thing is that we ALL know that these design shows have very little basis in what really comes out on the market. they are like concept cars basically. Just the ideas and then someone takes them and makes them realistic for all of us. The models are used to it and are well compensated i am sure for having to dress ridiculous.

as far as the freakish thinness... well that goes without saying... :verysad:

Yes, this is what someone said on another forum. Runway stuff is not for regular people to wear, but an exaggeration of future fashion trends. We got a nice mini lecture on how smart knitters would be looking at the general trends so they could make a million dollars off of it. Basically, bulky, oversized, simple knits.

PaperGirl
04-13-2007, 11:56 AM
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Oh good lord. Wonder if they used those ginormous 50's you see at Michael's?

Either that or lamp posts! :wall:

kellyh57
04-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Isn't that yellow thing on a Barbie? I mean, normal people don't keep their feet curled like that when they're not in heels!

As for the fashion show, those models must be wonderful actresses. They can walk out there looking all serious when wearing those things! Wasn't there a photo of someone knitting on some 5-6 foot needles a while back. If only I knew where it was...Maybe she was making the stuff for the fashion show!

Kelly

bip
04-13-2007, 12:23 PM
That is beautiful, it will go perfectly with my ... my ... NOTHING. I am proud to say that I own nothing that would go with that scarf :)

Skater
04-13-2007, 12:41 PM
It's the orange swatch that ate Manhattan! Watch for previews of the upcoming movie :wink:!

CarmenIbanez
04-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Wow. There is way too much hostility directed towards the knitting here. Let's concentrate the hatred on the models and look at the knitting as a very warped and strange art piece.

nadja la claire
04-13-2007, 01:17 PM
How do they hold themselves up, let alone walk on those toothpicks they call legs? And why would anyone knit or wear that.....crap?!!!! :ick: :ick: :ick:

Nadja xxx

aineepooh1
04-13-2007, 02:37 PM
It looks like an orange boa constrictor snuck up behind the back of her neck and has decided to slowly squeeze her to death~! :pout:

PaperGirl
04-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Some of them girls look like they fell face first into the floral department at Hobby Lobby. Seriously! What in the heck! I dont want to ut something on my neck that makes me look like Im peeking out from a bush!

And dont get me started on the skinny issue. Im 5'4", and barely break 120. It stinks, cause I constantly get the "look" and snide comments. :pout:

m448
04-13-2007, 04:27 PM
I just can't for the life of me understand how one can get all decked out to go to a fashion show and then not sit on the sidelines giggling like a little schoolgirl at the sight of that? :rofl:

nadja la claire
04-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Some of them girls look like they fell face first into the floral department at Hobby Lobby. Seriously! What in the heck! I dont want to ut something on my neck that makes me look like Im peeking out from a bush!

And dont get me started on the skinny issue. Im 5'4", and barely break 120. It stinks, cause I constantly get the "look" and snide comments. :pout:

I didn't mean to offend. I'm 5'4" too and I'm lean but I've also got muscle tone and I've got a body (hips, thighs, calves etc.). I also know what you mean by the "look" but it's one thing to be thin, it's another thing to be emaciated and held up to the rest of us as the perfect female. Heck most of them are practically children.

Nadja xxx

PaperGirl
04-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Oh no.. :hug:

I wasnt offended at all! I know exactly what y'all mean. I get the assumption that cause Im so little, that Im sick, or dying.

It gets quite old after a while. :!!!:

Inis
04-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Hey, I kinda like the shoes. You can dust the floors while walking ;)

hydeemarie
04-13-2007, 06:13 PM
That is the BADONKADONK of all scarves! :teehee:

temergency
04-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Can you just imagine the space that hank/skein would take up of the "stash area"???? and the cat would be very, very, afraid!!! :chair:

Arielluria
04-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Now THAT'S a hot-head if I ever saw one!
:roflhard:

Rycharde
04-13-2007, 08:26 PM
I wish people wore stuff like that off the runway! It would make the world so much more... :roflhard:

Oh gawd it would be great. But you're looking at a 24 year old guy with pink/violet/indigo/navy hair.

I think it looks wild and although it looks like it's pretty heavy the color is wicked and I wish the whole world would throw off their jeans and causal work wear for more fun clothing...maybe not THAT fun, but come on! SPARKLES!

kniftyknitter12
04-13-2007, 08:51 PM
:shock:

amishgirl281
04-14-2007, 04:09 AM
Well that certainly gave my roomate and I a good laugh.

What I find quite halarious is if you watch the slide show and look at the description bar to the right, it says Fall 2007 ready-to-wear....ready to wear!!

Seriously, who in their right mind would wear that?

MMK
04-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Wow. There is way too much hostility directed towards the knitting here. Let's concentrate the hatred on the models and look at the knitting as a very warped and strange art piece.
The best comment of this thread! That made me spew coffee. :rofl:

carmabelle1191
04-14-2007, 08:49 AM
O dear God, where do these designers come up with this stuff? Who is their right mind would wear it?! :roflhard: I'd love to see someone walking down the street with that just to see how many heads would turn!
I agree about being thin and getting comments. I am 5'2" and weigh 96 lbs (only 13 though), but I am constantly getting comments about how I'm too thin, even though I eat a LOT. I used to be 86 lbs though and I ate, but I'm glad I gained some weight because now I think I look healthier. Still, the comments of "You're too skinny" are getting old. Would someone walk up to you and say "You're too fat"? It's pretty much the same thing. Yet people are more prone to say the former than the latter.
I'm not talking about the models though, who look almost deathly thin half the time. They need some fried chicken, fries, and a milkshake. Yum! :cheering:

brokenblossoms
04-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Still, the comments of "You're too skinny" are getting old. Would someone walk up to you and say "You're too fat"? It's pretty much the same thing. Yet people are more prone to say the former than the latter.

I know how ya feel too! I'm 5'6.5" and when I was in middle school I weighed 110 pounds (I had PE every day and we did a LOT of running!) and people always made stupid comments like that. It drove me nuts!

MoniDew
04-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Oh dear god! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

what she said!
________
Buy No2 (http://vaporizers.net/no2-vaporizer/)