PDA

View Full Version : READ IF YOU HAVE KIDS!!!!!

letah75
04-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Here (http://www.agentcoolblue.com/) is a link to the following information.

http://consumerist.com/assets/resources/2007/04/agentcoolblue.jpg

Johnson & Johnson recalled all bottles of Listerine Agent Cool Blue after tests revealed contamination by microorganisms.

In their press release, they phrase it a little differently, saying, "the Company determined that the preservative system is not adequate against certain microorganisms."

No consumer illnesses were reported, the company said, and risk was only there for people with weak immune systems.

J&J marketed Agent Cool Blue to kids and the rinse makes plaque show up blue on your teeth in an attempt to encourage better brushing. Though, if we were kids, we'd be all like, wow, let's see how blue I can make my teeth. BEN POPKEN

Contamination Cited in Listerine Recall [AP]

Ronda
04-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Ugh. Thanks. We have this in our cupboard.

letah75
04-13-2007, 01:15 PM
My friend's kid had an infection in her mouth last week. She is now wondering if this is what caused it as the kids use this every time they brush, morning and night. She's going to be checking with the doctor today.

RiverDaughter
04-13-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't use this myself, and don't have any children, but, for those of you who do, switch to ACT for now. It's a mouthwash that doesn't contain alchohol, and comes in children friendly varieties like bubble gum and grape. And I think it's Crest that has the orange, peppermint, and lemon flavors of toothpaste.

I can't stand alchohol in the slightest anymore, so I use ACT myself, and it works very well. I've never had a cavity, at least, so I assume it works well. :roflhard:

luv2knit
04-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the info! I was actually going out to get some this week for my DS who was told that was good to show where he was missing brushing due to his braces. Glad I didn't get it yet!

Rycharde
04-13-2007, 03:53 PM
I remember that stuff from when I was a kid. They must have stopped selling that in Canada decades ago. I never even got to try it!

Usually when I buy a product from America I check to see if any other countries have stopped selling it, and why. There seem to be different standards and a lot more greed amongst the companies that manufacture such things.

Not to down on standards, I buy a lot of great stuff from the states, especially clothing! Your prices are so much better! But when it comes to having kids I make sure that I check everything I put in them ten times over.

Ginger0104
04-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Thank you for posting this. We have a bottle in the cupboard. Thankfully ds has only used it once. From what it sounds like, it probably wouldn't really affect him, but better safe than sorry!

want2knit
04-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Wow--thanks for that, going to throw away the 5% left in our bottle right now.

MoniDew
04-14-2007, 08:01 PM
so much for Lysterine killing germs!
________
Chrysler airflow (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Airflow)

DotMom61
04-15-2007, 09:52 AM
I can't tell you how glad I am that you posted this. My kids were just talking about this the other day. They've been bugging me and bugging me to buy some, and I honestly just keep forgetting.

And I thank GOD for that!!! My son is on chemotherapy. If he'd gotten some of this, it could have made him VERY sick! :shock:

Again, I thank you. :muah: