PDA

View Full Version : OPTIONS ARRIVED!

carmabelle1191
04-13-2007, 03:13 PM
I just got my Options today! :cheering: They arrived quickly, since I ordered them just last week around this time. They look so good packaged up, I can't imagine how good they're going to be when i actually use them!!! :cheering:

aineepooh1
04-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Yippy Skippy~! :cheering: :happydance:

I ordered YARN over a week ago from my LYS and it's STILL Not HERE~!! :waah:

RiverDaughter
04-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Yay! I got mine the other day too, and spent the night organizing the bag so that I would never loose track of which size is which. (helpful hint: store one large set with one small set, and label the bag. That way you store more needles, and will never get the two sets confused.)

quiltbugj
04-13-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm jealous - I ordered mine and they have been shipped.

Have a question: HOw do you know what size is what when they first arrive? Do they arrive smallest to largest so you just figure it out?

brendajos
04-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Have a question: HOw do you know what size is what when they first arrive? Do they arrive smallest to largest so you just figure it out?

They do arrive like that but they are also tacked to a piece of cardboard with the sizes on them. you can also buy a size gauge thingy from them that has holes that the right sized needle will fit into.... it is this thing (http://knitpicks.com/View+Sizer_ND80306.html).

you can find them at your local hobby lobby too (though they are a different brand!) i have about four of them around so i never have to wonder what i have .... i only have to wonder where i laid it down last! :wall:

quiltbugj
04-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks! I wonder why they dont have the sizes engraved/stamped on them? I really like it when needles have that.

Mommy22alyns
04-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks! I wonder why they dont have the sizes engraved/stamped on them? I really like it when needles have that.

Wow, that would be a nice touch on those!

I ordered my Options set, just waiting on it now and enjoying my little "taste"! :happydance:

jdee
04-14-2007, 12:49 AM

They do arrive like that but they are also tacked to a piece of cardboard with the sizes on them. you can also buy a size gauge thingy from them that has holes that the right sized needle will fit into.... it is this thing (http://knitpicks.com/View+Sizer_ND80306.html).

you can find them at your local hobby lobby too (though they are a different brand!) i have about four of them around so i never have to wonder what i have .... i only have to wonder where i laid it down last! :wall:

After I put mine in the zipper pouches to organize them, I wrote the needle size on the pouch with a sharpie. I was afraid I'd have to use my needle size gauge every time I wanted to knit. :teehee:

five_six
04-14-2007, 01:27 AM
I just folded the little cardboard thingy in half and left my needles on it, and it slips nicely into one of the actual leathery type pockets which are part of the zippered pouch. :shrug: Wish they had engravings on them too.

carmabelle1191
04-14-2007, 08:17 AM
After I put mine in the zipper pouches to organize them, I wrote the needle size on the pouch with a sharpie. I was afraid I'd have to use my needle size gauge every time I wanted to knit. :teehee:
I do the same thing. I also put the cables, the key, and the end caps in the bag and wrote was size was on it. Folding it up still in the cardboard would have been a good idea too. Wish I thought of it before I went crazy with the Sharpie. :teehee:

debb
04-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Just a reminder to try out all the needles and cables. I had a wonky cable but KP replaced it, no problem.