PDA

View Full Version : OT: Dog Lovers...

Paws4Knitting
04-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey Everyone,

I know this is off topic, but if you live in AZ. and you love chocolate labs- I have something to present to you. Unfortunately, someone who works at my work, found out he/she is terminally ill, :verysad: and she is trying to find a loving, forever, home for these two four year old labs.
He/she, say they are very loving- house broken, great with kids and babies, and the owner would like to know that these two brothers could stay together. If your interested, write me back, and I'll give out the info and try to send you a pic.
:pray:
They are quite beautiful!!!!

Well, thanks for your time,
Cheers!!!!!

nadja la claire
04-13-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm sorry about your friend :hug: I'll keep him/her in my thoughts. :pray: :grphug: :hug:

I wish I could take in the labs. I know that my beagle would love to have a couple of brothers but it's just not possible right now. I know that he/she will find someone to take them, labs are great dogs and very popular.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

misha rf
04-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Have you (or your friend) posted them on Petfinder? I know lots of folks who've found their pets that way, and a number of rescue organizations use it to help get their animals adopted.

http://www.petfinder.com

:hug: Giving up your pets is never easy. And having to do it for this reason...my heart goes out to your friend & his/her family. :hug:

Paws4Knitting
04-13-2007, 07:15 PM
you know it seems the word is making its rounds, and to good people, so I imagine those good looking babies will get picked up by a loving home soon.

I just can't imagine going thrugh the situation. Ilove my babies- they are the world to me. I would think it would make the situation all the more saddened by adding that on to it.

Thank you for your kind words. :hug:

Arielluria
04-13-2007, 07:55 PM
I believe petfinder is only for rescues to post.

I did a search on Google for AZ lab rescues and found
http://www.geocities.com/kwanyee_leung/rescue.html#usa

Tell her to contact:
1) Desert Labrador Retriever Rescue of Phoenix
Ilaria Keogh (480) 899-5227
Fax (707) 988-7202
info@DLRRPhoenix.org

2) Papago LRC
Marilyn Little (602) 966-7379 8:30AM - 5:30PM (MST)

They will help her out. Put them on petfinder, probably let her (if she can manage it) be the "foster mom" for them until they find them a home. I've been a foster mom and my rescue allows me to be the final say as to whether to adopt my fosters to the people interested. Hopefully they work the same way and your friend would have total peace of mind as to where they end up.

I love labs and can't wait to get a fence built on my property so I can adopt 2 myself.

God bless your friend! I will keep her in prayer.

misha rf
04-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Just to clarify: you can post about adoptable pets on Petfinder even if you're not with a rescue group. They have a classified ad section that is for people who find an animal, lose an animal or need to place one.

http://www.petfinder.com/post/postapet.html[/url]

carmabelle1191
04-13-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm so sorry for your friend. We actually found my dog on Petfinder, and it's working out great! We love her very much. Be sure to tell your friend about Petfinder, because then the dogs probably have a better chance of being adopted/ taken into foster care. :hug:

Knitting_Guy
04-13-2007, 11:25 PM
This post is so sad on so many levels. But it is also encouraging as it shows that people are still willing to help one another. It almost gives one hope than mankind just might make it after all.