PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Malabrigo online?

rissa
04-13-2007, 06:17 PM
HIYA! I just received my tax refund and I'm looking to spend some on good quality yarn. I've always heard about malabrigo so I wanna try it out. Is there a good place online where I can get it at a good price?

Carissa

kristinw
04-13-2007, 07:19 PM
I found some at FabulousYarn (http://www.fabulousyarn.com/malabrigo.shtml) for $10.75. And you can get a 10% discount. If you spend $50 you get 20% off, and $100 gets 25% off. And shipping is very reasonable. They are very quick too.

Yarnzilla (http://www.yarnzilla.com/default.php) sells it for $11.95 but they are running a 20% off everything in April sale. They also have volume discounts over $50.

I'm sure there are other places too but those are ones I thought of right away. Happy shopping!

auburnchick
04-13-2007, 07:40 PM
:drool:

Drooling over here...

rissa
04-13-2007, 07:45 PM
yay!! thank you so much! :hug: I can't wait to go buy some, have to wait till after work

Arielluria
04-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Can anyone tell a newbie what's so great about Malabrigo? :pout:

cando
04-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Another online store I've bought Malabrigo from is Morethanyarn (https://www.morethanyarn.com/catalog/). They have many colors and sell at $9.50 per skein. Shipping was a flat $5.49, if I recall correctly.

As to what is so great about Malabrigo, well it is quite easily one of the softest yarns in the prettiest colors you've ever come across. Combine that with the fact that it's worsted weight, has great yardage and feels delicious against the skin and you have a great product :heart:

Try it, you'll know :mrgreen:

Vendie
04-13-2007, 09:46 PM
WEBS (www.yarn.com - but click through the ad on KH) also sells mmmmmMalabrigo and you get a discount after $60.

IrishKnitter
04-14-2007, 01:27 AM
Can anyone tell a newbie what's so great about Malabrigo? :pout:

It's just about the softest 100% merino wool I've ever felt. I am HUGELY addicted to hand-dyed yarns too, and the colorways are just gorgeous. I also really like their chunky weight yarn. :heart: :heart:

I've used it to make hats and scarves, and a friend of mine used it for a felted bag.

threesmom
04-14-2007, 11:01 AM
If I had to choose one yarn to knit with for the rest of forever - not that I would want to, but if I HAD to - it would be :heart: malabrigo :heart: - the colors are great, it knits up quick, has nice stitch definition, good yardage - but even without all that - I'd take it just for the softness. It's like butter! Thanks for the links for the sales - just thinking about it makes me want to buy more. :teehee:

Brandilyne
04-14-2007, 11:52 PM
Thanks to all of you Malabrigo enablers here, I had to go to one of our LYS's that carries it today. Never mind that it was freeeeezing out and pouring down rain. Never mind that this shop is on the COMPLETE other side of town from me. And certainly never mind that I just bought a lovely pile of yarn Friday night at another shop! I just had to feel this malabrigo that you all praise. Oh my. You were not fibbing even a little. Not in the least! I normally itch if I even look at wool with the intention of wearing it next to my skin, but the Malabrigo? Ooooh baby, I wanted to take every single slutty skein of that soft yarn home with me! I behaved however and did not buy it (see previous yarn purchases from Friday).

Thanks for all the recommendations on it, because I likely would never have molested that yarn on my own :muah: I'll definitely buy some for a project in the future.

Oh who am I kidding, I'll probably give in and be back up there later this week to get my fix. :eyebrow:

orcoastknitter
04-15-2007, 02:29 AM
Aren't we great enablers? :teehee: