PDA

View Full Version : My yarn stash...

GinnyG
04-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I did not realize til coming here how much fun it was to look at pictures of other peoples yarn stash!!! So I decided to do a bit of organizing and post my own.

marykz
04-14-2007, 01:50 PM
purty- I love yarn! and I love seeing everyone's stash (guess I'm nosey)

cando
04-14-2007, 02:04 PM
When I first opened your thread and saw the pic titled "An assortment..", I was thinking to myself "hmm.. that's about the size of my stash. Maybe I'm not too bad afterall."
And then I saw the rest of the pictures :lol:

Lovely stash. What are those cones in the last but one pic? In blue, lilac.

GinnyG
04-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Maybe I'm not too bad afterall."
And then I saw the rest of the pictures :lol:

Lovely stash. What are those cones in the last but one pic? In blue, lilac.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thanks, I do tend to get a bit carried away when something interests me.... The cones are all 100% New Zealand wool I purchsed them on EBay from a delightful man who regularly has cones available. The cones are generally 4-6 lbs, worsted or DK weight, and can be purchsed for a steal. I have used this yarn for mittens and hats for a hmeless charity. It also felts well.

The majority of my yarn comes from ebay. Someone posted here that good deals can't be found on ebay BUT THEY CAN!!! You just have to be persistent. I check yarn on ebay everyday. Sometimes weeks will go by and I won't find anything and the WHAM a bunch of good stuff will come up.

For example the 10 skeins of Noro in one of the pics was gotten from ebay for less than $40.00, THAT's a deal :cheering:

Nikita-amimono
04-14-2007, 02:45 PM
SIGH.......... :heart:

I was wandering of the name of the yarn on the 2nd pix,
upper left on a clear case.
They look really yummy!
:eyes:
Niki

hydeemarie
04-14-2007, 02:59 PM
:passedout:

GinnyG
04-14-2007, 03:00 PM
SIGH.......... :heart:

I was wandering of the name of the yarn on the 2nd pix,
upper left on a clear case.
They look really yummy!
:eyes:
Niki

That's the Noro Kueryon, it's going on vacation with me next week to make a SUPER SIZE Booga Bag.

rebecca
04-14-2007, 05:13 PM
WTG :cheering: :cheering: Nice stash!!!!! I'm so happy to read that you have the same problem as I, this quote says it all: "I do tend to get a bit carried away when something interests me".....Say it, Girl, Say it!!!!

KnitClickChick
04-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow! I thought I had a "problem". HeeHee. Good to know someone else is just as bad as I am. That is some really nice yarn. I'll have to start checking out Ebay. Those cones are really nice!

Inis
04-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Nice stash! I love those cones -- looks like a lot of fiber on just one.

I agree that bargains can be found. I found some on eBay, but I also find good stuff at thrift stores from time to time.

I found this pile a few months ago for about $3 for all of it.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w206/inislovely/knit/yarnsmaller.jpg

aineepooh1
04-15-2007, 01:58 AM
Ginny ..
:heart: :heart: your stash. and I :heart: Noro Big Kureyons colors. I have viewed them at littleknits and OMG~~

What a nice Lovely stash you have :notworthy:

where do you live in NY?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

GinnyG
04-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Nice stash! I love those cones -- looks like a lot of fiber on just one.

I agree that bargains can be found. I found some on eBay, but I also find good stuff at thrift stores from time to time.

I found this pile a few months ago for about $3 for all of it.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w206/inislovely/knit/yarnsmaller.jpg

LOVE the jewel tone yarn at the top!!!

Hmmmmmmm never thought of thrift stores!!!!