PDA

View Full Version : How much?

Rycharde
04-14-2007, 02:23 PM
How much do you think one would need to make a size 3 sweater for a toddler? I just have one 50g of this "Dazzle" but I'm going to make her a sweater. I'm doing my creative thing...I know how to knit anything into the shape/size I want it to be so I'm using a child's pattern for a sweater, a sewing pattern. And I'll just make the parts and sew them together.

It worked for gloves last night. Made a pair of gloves just by sewing pattern!

I'm Very good at this.

But how much nylon dazzle will a size 3 sweater consume hmmmmmm

http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=2014

This is exactly what I'm using. I think it's harvest?

I got it for a dollar at liquidation world. Me thinks I be going to buy them out soon.

Ingrid
04-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Here (http://www.knittingfool.com/pages/yards1.cfm) is a general guideline.

Rycharde
04-16-2007, 02:25 AM
Eeek somewhat helpful however I threw out the tags when I was cleaning. It's a 50g and it's got about 5 stitches per inch. It's thin dazzle with sparkles and paper ribbons >.<

I don't know the yards *sigh*

Jan in CA
04-16-2007, 03:56 AM
According to the link you posted that yarn has 90 yds per skein. You should be able to figure it out from that if it is the correct yarn.

Rycharde
04-16-2007, 04:27 AM
Ohhh Sweet thankyou! I totally forgot I posted that. So I'll need to buy 5 more. Here's to hoping they have 5 more at the store!

Jan in CA
04-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Ohhh Sweet thankyou! I totally forgot I posted that. So I'll need to buy 5 more. Here's to hoping they have 5 more at the store!

Don't forget to check the dyelot or you'll kick yourself later!

Rycharde
04-16-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm going to bring the ball with me to the store! Theres only one place to get this yarn that I know of, it's at liquidation world, which sells discontinued and out of production stuff, so I'll have to run in there and grab it all on Friday when I get paid. Let's hope theres not to many knitters who know about liquidation world in my town or this sweater will end as a handbag!

It's VERY unique yarn. The paper ribbons in it are orchid, teal, fuchsia, violet and cerulean. The thread part is the same, starting with the fuchsia then dark green, teal, orchid, blue, it's wild. I won't mistake it for any other yarn, there is no way anyone could. It has to be the most unique yarn I have ever seen in my life. Oh and it's got metallic sparkles throughout. Pretty wild stuff I have to say but wow does it ever look great just plain knitted. It's so fuzzy theres no way you can see the stitching anyway. So my project is guaranteed to look great!
I honestly would not mind sewing the bottom together and putting some handles on it if it dosen't work as a sweater since my daughter loves handbags too!