PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order from theknitter.com?

debstein
04-14-2007, 04:46 PM
If so, how long did it take you to get your yarn?

I ordered some Zephyr laceweight yarn from them on the 4th to knit a Spring Things Shawl. I couldn't decide which color to get so I ordered 3 different colors. OK, so I am anxious to begin my project, but it's the 14th and it still hasn't arrived and nobody has answered my email sent on the 12th. :pout:

I finally checked the "Info" section of the website and was really bummed to see the statement, "Your order will arrive within 2 weeks." They do have free shipping, which is nice, but I wish I had known about the shipping delay before placing the order - I would have gladly paid for quicker shipping.

Just wondering if anyone has had better experiences with this site or if I should scratch them off my list.
:verysad: :verysad:

rebecca
04-14-2007, 04:50 PM
I've ordered from them a few times and will admit, the shipping sometimes takes a while. It may be run as a "part time" business by an individual or something, I don't know....I do know that I love everything that I've gotten!

talche
04-15-2007, 04:48 PM
I've ordered from them several times. I've always been please with what I got, but I expect it to take at least 2-3 weeks to get here :verysad: (I'm in OK BTW). They are also slow to answer email in my experience.

Next time your shopping for zephyr try http://www.sarahsyarns.com/index.html. My mom just tried them and loved the service. :cheering:

debstein
04-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the info about sarahsyarns.com - looks like a great site with good pricing and tons of information. If I can get a response to my email from the other place, and the order hasn't shipped yet, I'm going to cancel.

kemp
04-16-2007, 11:00 AM
I would just chalk it up to experience and just check the shipping info page of each place prior to ordering...there seems to be a LOT of variance in the speed of various suppliers.

ChristinaKnits
04-16-2007, 11:28 AM
I belong to her sock club and the first shipment got lost in the mail, and she was really nice about replacing it. The shipping is really slow however :shrug: