PDA

View Full Version : Little League, Rain and Knitting

1knittychick
04-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Well, its the day my youngest son has been waiting for --opening day for little league--We go all out with a parade downtown (really small town), with a grade marshall and all 241 ball players, coaches and sponsors introduced! We had the parade and introductions, but only 1 game--it RAINED (and its still raining). We sat in the car for hours waiting/hoping it would stop--he got bored, I pulled out the knitting and was happy.

Only 14 more games and we will be finished! Don't get me wrong, I love baseball, I just wished the season was over! Oh well, my ball bag is packed with yarn and needles.

Ingrid
04-14-2007, 11:20 PM
The best part of Little League is the knitting time! :teehee:

debinoz
04-15-2007, 03:59 PM
At least you can sit and knit during the games!

My son plays on the golf team. I can't walk and chew gum at the same time..... let alone knit and walk 9 holes! :pout:

Mommy22alyns
04-15-2007, 09:26 PM
I'd love to be able to knit during Becca's gymnastics and t-ball, but I have the little one to chase! :teehee:

Abbily
04-16-2007, 11:16 AM
I always knit during my oldest daughter's ballet class. I've tried knitting during swim lessons since both girls are taking lessons, but I haven't managed to even get it out of the bag, yet. I'm too busy trying to coax the little one into the pool! :P