PDA

View Full Version : knitting with lamb's pride

vaknitter
04-15-2007, 05:58 PM
I know it's a little late, but I am finally going to work on a scarf for my husband - the yarn is set b/c it has to match a hat he already has. That said I made him a ribbed scarf that he loves, problem is the Lamb's Pride doesn't seem to be ribbing... it just stays flat as I knit. Any ideas why or how I can make it rib, there seems to be NO elasticity to the yarn at all, ot do I just need to pick a new pattern and move on?

Thank you

psammeadred
04-15-2007, 06:15 PM
What size needles are you using? If the needles are too large for the yarn, the ribbing will be flat. Also, are you using the worsted or bulky weight yarn? I've used the bulky weight with size 10 1/2 needles, and it held its shape very well.

BostonBecca
04-15-2007, 06:30 PM
I've knit with the worsted with size 8s and it worked quite well. I actually love working with this yarn. If you are using larger needles than size 8s for the worsted I would go smaller.

vaknitter
04-15-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm working with the worsted and size 8 needles...I tried 7 but didn't think that helped.

Did all the ribs bunch together to make a nice thick scarf?

BostonBecca
04-15-2007, 06:52 PM
The ribs should bunch together and make a nice fabric. Mine do.

Are you ribbing as per the directions on this site?
http://www.aokcorral.com/projects/howtorib.htm

BostonBecca
04-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Also, how long is your knitting so far?

I've always found that the ribbing doesn't really appear as it is until you knitted more than a few inches, it constricts as you knit longer in my experience.

I am not an expert by any means, but that has been my experience.

cathoo
04-15-2007, 07:21 PM
What kind of ribbing are you doing? I've got some Lamb's Pride Superwash that I'm making socks with, and 1X1 ribbing just looks like fat regular knitting.

vaknitter
04-15-2007, 08:25 PM
BostonBecca you were right - I am too impatient and had not knit enough before giving up on it ribbing. Had to do about 4" before it started pulling in nicely.

Thank you :muah:

BostonBecca
04-15-2007, 09:11 PM
I am so glad it turned out ok and that I could be of any assistance.