PDA

View Full Version : OT:How is the weather where you are...

figaro
04-16-2007, 11:18 AM
I am here in north western NJ and yesterday we had rain all day, this morning it stopped raining after a bit of hail and now it is a wet snow that splatters as it lands in the water on the ground. I know that there a quite a few rivers here that are flooding along with streets and all that too. Thankfully it is not flooding here, I think the creeks and rivers are swollen a bit though. I guess it is supposed to be like this for another day or so. The rain was bad enough so that my daughters school closed for another day off, and she is young enough to have been bummed about that!

So what is the weather like where you are?

brendajos
04-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Do you really want to know? We are expecting about 75, sunny skies, and a light breeze today.

That isn't to suggest we haven't had our fair share of nasty so far in April though...lol

Belphoebe
04-16-2007, 11:25 AM
WINDY and 60 here today. The power keeps going out and they even cancelled school today. (I'm assuming due to power outages across the county.)

VickyS456
04-16-2007, 11:26 AM
mid 80s in Holland :cheering: it's supposed to drop tomorrow though.

Stiney
04-16-2007, 11:28 AM
We've still got just rain, Figaro. They're boating people out of their houses in the flood zones (New Milford, Pompton Lakes.) :shock: My mom works in Teteboro, and the flooding is so bad it's up to the hood on trucks trying to drive through.

I didn't go to work...too many hills with flood zones at the bottom between here and there. :shifty:

Ingrid
04-16-2007, 11:31 AM
We have some flooding, the creek is almost up to the road, and there's usually a parking lot and ball field between. There are streams and waterfalls where there weren't before, and schools are getting out early.

I'm so grateful that it's NOT SNOW!!!!!!!

Stiney
04-16-2007, 11:33 AM
:shrug:

I'm not sure which'd be worse at this point, Ingrid. At least with snow we wouldn't be worried about our pool collapsing or the moat around my house finding it's way into the family room and destroying G-pa's TV.

DoulaLyndsey
04-16-2007, 11:34 AM
We actually need rain, we're in a drought.

Yesterday was stormy, we had tornado watches out. Today it's going to be sunny and in the low 70s (which is chilly for us south Floridians :teehee: ).

carmabelle1191
04-16-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm in NJ as well, and it's been raining all day yesterday and today. School was even canceled because of flooding, though there really isn't that much of it, only the rivers are swollen quite a bit. You're lucky the rain stopped where you are! :verysad:

brendajos
04-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I don't know... if you consider that 1 inch of rain equals about 12 inches of snow, I would have to think that you would have to worry about the roof collapsing under the weight....and when it melted you would STILL have the flooding. :verysad:

Stiney
04-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I don't know... if you consider that 1 inch of rain equals about 12 inches of snow.

:shock:

I thought it would equal LESS snow.

:passedout:

auburnchick
04-16-2007, 11:37 AM
We actually need rain, we're in a drought.

Yesterday was stormy, we had tornado watches out. Today it's going to be sunny and in the low 70s (which is chilly for us south Floridians :teehee: ).

Hey Lyndsey, I used to live in south FL...Coral Springs to be exact. I remember the WONDERFUL warm weather during the winter!

I live in north FL now. We're expecting the temp to get up to 70 today and up to 80 tomorrow.

Ahhhhh... :teehee:

marykz
04-16-2007, 11:40 AM
rained for 2 days and now wicked winds. power drops and all... (I just had a spike and my work laptop dumped everything!!! AUGH!) Between the weather aggravating tha arthritis, and the winds making the house creak and groan... I'm starting to feel like the Wicked Witch from the wizard of Oz- the one the house fell on....

Where or Where is spring?! Not here in suburban MD.....

figaro
04-16-2007, 11:41 AM
I don't mind hearing about the warm weather out there brendajos, we moved from San Diego County where the average was 75-80 for most of the year, and we love it here in New Jersey!

VickyS456, my husbands family lives north of Aalkmaar and I do believe they have been enjoying the warm weather over there very much, I think they have been at the beaches a lot!

cawtheraven, I was hoping my husband would stay home too but since he is the only person at his work, I think he needed to be there. He goes to Edison via 78 and 287 and he did say all the rivers are very swollen.

dustinac
04-16-2007, 11:55 AM
I hope you all facing flooding and snow stay safe and it stops soon... I know parts of WV are flooded as well.. they said Friday we could see 3-6" of snow over the weekend.. we didn't get anything but the wind today is awful.. hopefully this weekend we will warm back up.. I miss my swing and going for walks :rofl:

Eloewien
04-16-2007, 11:56 AM
We got a dusting of snow, but rain and high winds are causing problems...

VickyS456
04-16-2007, 11:59 AM
VickyS456, my husbands family lives north of Aalkmaar and I do believe they have been enjoying the warm weather over there very much, I think they have been at the beaches a lot!

It's been beautiful for quite a few days! I have a tan like it's August just from walking around and playing at the playground with my kids, sunscreen and all :happydance:

My husband works in watersport and it's been INSANELY busy this past week! He can't wait for the weather to drop tomorrow. Many Dutch people melt when it's above 85 degrees as it was yesterday in my area. I'm loving it, which annoys my husband and friends, but I'm also not Dutch.

Jan in CA
04-16-2007, 12:17 PM
We are having a fairly typical spring so far there in socal. It's yucky... overcast and cool.

BostonBecca
04-16-2007, 12:20 PM
It's a very rainy Marathon Day here in Boston.

bobi1218
04-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Another suburban Marylander here - the high winds are currently tearing the siding off our house! I guess DH is going to have some repairs to do when he gets home from work today...

I'm so ready for nice, warm weather. It actually snowed a bit on Easter. I WANT SPRING!!!

knit-errant
04-16-2007, 01:04 PM
It's screwy and weird in the Kansas City area. We had snow Friday night/Saturday morning (3 inches in my neighborhood), Sunday it was in the 60s, and today it's sunny and warm. :??

Sara
04-16-2007, 01:16 PM
We have a snow/rain/ice mix here in western NY state. School was cancelled. My 17 yo was ecstatic (but still had to go to her university class) and the 7yo hates school, so she's happy to be home. :teehee:

Mommy22alyns
04-16-2007, 01:20 PM
It's annoying. We had 85 degree weather in late March/early April, and dumb ol' me put away 99% of my daughters' fall/winter clothing. I've lived down here for about 7 years and I never learn! :wall: So they have tons of adorable summery stuff they can't wear and tons of fall/winter stuff that is put away and inaccessible that I would have liked to see on them some more! :doh:

DQ
04-16-2007, 01:23 PM
It's been unseasonably warm here in the UK but it looks set to get a little more normal this week! Today has been nice though - cloudy start that turned into sunshine with a cool breeze.

cathoo
04-16-2007, 01:26 PM
It's one of those days where the wind whips in every direction, and the temperature jumps from warmish to cold very quickly.

Dear Weather, Please make up your mind. Hugs and kisses, Cathoo.

Here's the radar images for everyone waiting out the weather! Just click where you live on the map to zoom in closer, then click "Start Looping" above the picture to see the changes over the past couple of hours.
Intellicast Radar Loop USA (http://intellicast.com/IcastPage/LoadPage.aspx?loc=usa&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=RadarImagery&product=RadarLoop&prodnav=none)

Belphoebe
04-16-2007, 01:44 PM
About an hour ago a tree just fell onto my patio in my apartment. The tree guys are here now sawing it away and you can hear other trees cracking and about to fall. Tomorrow we are supposed to have high winds again. :pout:

nadja la claire
04-16-2007, 01:50 PM
In a word.............Awful :ick: It poured all day yesterday. Today we awoke to rain, snow and sleet and 22 degrees. We're hoping that this weekend will bring some nice "Spring" weather. :pray:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

letah75
04-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Friday was 85 degrees.
Saturday was 60 degrees and raining hard, thunder and lightening.
Sunday was 75 degrees and WINDY.
Today is going to get up to 78 degrees and little wind.
The rest of the week will be overcast and 60 degrees.

I'm basking in the cool right now, because come summer it'll be a blamy 115 degrees....Yuck!

Stiney
04-16-2007, 02:22 PM
In a word.............Awful :ick: It poured all day yesterday. Today we awoke to rain, snow and sleet and 22 degrees. We're hoping that this weekend will bring some nice "Spring" weather. :pray:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Me, too. I'm going to a wedding in CT on Saturday. :wall:

And I have to leave for traffic court in about 10 minutes. :wall:

JudyD
04-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Our heavy winds and rain will go away later in the week. I lost the urge to complain when the noontime news reported Mr. Washington (in New Hampshire) had winds of 141 mph!

JudyD

psammeadred
04-16-2007, 07:10 PM
It's absolutely gorgeous here in Oklahoma City - relatively mild (for Oklahoma) wind, 71 degrees. Perfect knitting outside weather! It's supposed to be cold and rain all day tomorrow, though.

carmabelle1191
04-16-2007, 08:00 PM
It stopped raining a few hours ago! Yipee! :sun:

redwitch
04-16-2007, 08:30 PM
It's been bloody cold here lately, summer is definitely over. I don't mind because soon it will be cold enough to need knitted things (well, to wear them). Last winter I was a new knitter and got 2 or 3 scarves done. Now I have beautiful mittens etc.! Actually we are going to Ice bar this weekend (everything's made of ice and you are given coat, mittens, hat, scarf, etc. when you arrive) and of course I was ecstatic and will be expecting everyone with a warm scarf from me to wear it while I show off my Anemoi mittens.
Gorgeous weather today but it's been miserable, getting cold the last few weeks, quite rainy for a lot of last week. Had to start closing my bedroom window at night, got out a blanket to wear around the house yesterday, and may need a heater soon.
Also, it's Tuesday afternoon here. :teehee:

Sarah

KathyinCali
04-17-2007, 10:30 AM
The weather has been crap here. Overcast and cool. The kind of weather you just want to curl in front of a fire and knit in...

Hmmm...The boss is out today and I feel a **cough** coming on.

Achoo!

:)