PDA

View Full Version : WIP Booga Bag

luv2knit
04-16-2007, 01:30 PM
:cheering:

I just love this project, it's been pretty easy and the yarn is soft to work with. So far I have learned to pick up stitches and knit in the round.

I had a bunch of yarn to exchange so for this booga bag I went with Patons SWS in Natural Pink. I adjusted the size a bit, but I miscounted and instead of 54 CO, I didn't realized until I was almost done I had only done 51!! So I just kept it, but knitted 54 rows for the bottom.

Robinknits
04-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Great job! Love the colors! I might have to do another one with that yarn. Looks very Spring-y!

dewdrops
04-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Wonderful!...
Good start :cheering:

Abbily
04-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Beautiful yarn!! Looks like you're doing a great job!

KathyinCali
04-17-2007, 11:04 AM
:heart: I love the colors. Can't wait to see it finished :)

GinnyG
04-17-2007, 01:06 PM
I love love LOVE those colors!!!

Jan in CA
04-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Love the colors! :inlove: It's going to be a beautiful bag!

luv2knit
04-17-2007, 01:23 PM
:muah:

Thanks for the wonderful comments...I can't wait to finish this! My daughter was telling me yesterday that I could use my new bag when we go to the pool and I can carry my knitting it in. Not quite what I had planned for it, but thought it was cute she was giving me suggestions!

This must be a popular color, I went back to get another skein of yarn and all three Micheal's in my area were out!

quiltbugj
04-17-2007, 09:13 PM
I just finished a felted back in this same yarn and color. I really like it. You can order more online at Joanns.

auburnchick
04-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Can't wait to see it felted! The colors are so pretty!

SabrinaJL
04-19-2007, 12:24 PM
I LOVE SWS. I did a little bag in natural pink and a booga in natural plum. If you've never felted with SWS before, watch it CLOSELY. Mine only took 10-12 minutes to felt completely.

Mommy22alyns
04-19-2007, 12:52 PM
I love those colors! SWS is just gorgeous! How many skeins are you going to need?

luv2knit
04-19-2007, 11:05 PM
I LOVE SWS. I did a little bag in natural pink and a booga in natural plum. If you've never felted with SWS before, watch it CLOSELY. Mine only took 10-12 minutes to felt completely.

Thanks for the warning, I had heard it felts fast! That gives me an idea of how long it should take.

How many skeins are you going to need?

At this point I am on a 3rd skein, and have one more on hand. I was going to get another skein but all three Micheal's were out. I am going to check tomorrow. Since I made it a larger I am not absolutely sure how much I need, keep you posted!

Brandilyne
04-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Ooooh, I LOVE this! The colors look fantastic, what a great bag for spring. I can't wait to see the finished product. My friend is actually knitting a booga with the same exact colorway. She hasn't felted it yet, but I think the finished bag (regular size) took 3 balls. Darn you Joann for not having the SWS on sale this week!!!

threesmom
04-24-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm so psyched you posted this! I was thinking about doing a booga in SWS too, but wasn't sure how it would felt, or if it would look as nice as they do in the Noro - and yours DOES! :cheering: After seeing yours, I went out and got the yarn - I almost got the same color too, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to keep such a light color clean. Thanks for the preview!