PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for Koigu?

XbelovedXoneX
04-16-2007, 02:00 PM
I posted this on the Lime n Violet MB, but I figured someone might be able to help here too!

I have one skein of Koigu KFM. It has 360 yds I believe. 300 something... anyways! I was planning on it for socks, but now that I know it's not superwash I'm having 2nd thoughts. Anyone have any good pattern suggestions... maybe a lacey scarf or something? Thanks!

katiebug081504
04-16-2007, 03:08 PM
you could always make a pretty clutch, or maybe some felted boxes or bowls.

XbelovedXoneX
04-16-2007, 03:31 PM
is it wrong that the idea of felted koigu makes me want to cry? haha

Shandeh
04-17-2007, 11:53 AM
I agree. I wouldn't felt Koigu!!!

I'm using my Lisa Souza Mars Quake sock yarn to make a square neck scarf. I found the perfect pattern in this book:
Lavish Lace - Knitting with Hand-Painted Yarns (http://www.amazon.com/Lavish-Lace-Knitting-Hand-Painted-Yarns/dp/1564775488)

katiebug081504
04-17-2007, 01:57 PM
well, I have never used the yarn. I just looked it up and saw that it could be felted. But you don't know what it would really look like until you try. It could possibly be beautiful. To bad my attempted help was laughed at though.

Shandeh
04-17-2007, 02:13 PM
well, I have never used the yarn. I just looked it up and saw that it could be felted. But you don't know what it would really look like until you try. It could possibly be beautiful. To bad my attempted help was laughed at though.
I wasn't laughing at you. It's just that Koigu is absolutely gorgeous, and SO SOFT! If you felted it, it would not feel or look as beautiful. Plus, it's quite expensive.

debb
04-17-2007, 02:32 PM
well I was just going to suggest looking through the 'stashbuster ideas' thread and while searching for the correct name, it popped up below

brendajos
04-17-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with felting koigu. i don't know that i would do it just because it is such a thin yarn it would take a LOT of koigu, i would think, to make something with it... but i think the finished product could be quite lovely. I have very happily felted malabrigo and would do it again if i had a project for it. it was the best stuff i have ever felted and i know people think that is just a tragedy too...lol

as it is, i think the best suggestion would be to send it to me cuz i have quite the stash of koigu and it would feel quite comfortable in my house! :teehee:

rmturtle
04-17-2007, 04:57 PM
one idea for the koigu is a "Spiral Lace Hat" which is super cute and only uses one skein...

XbelovedXoneX
04-17-2007, 08:42 PM
I have very happily felted malabrigo and would do it again if i had a project for it. it was the best stuff i have ever felted and i know people think that is just a tragedy too...lol

as it is, i think the best suggestion would be to send it to me cuz i have quite the stash of koigu and it would feel quite comfortable in my house! :teehee:

I can't imagine felting malabrigo either! :shock: It's too soft for me to mess with! and the koigu has such pretty colors I don't want to mess with it.

If you have anything you want to trade for this koigu it would probably love to live in your cozy koigu house. :wink:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-17-2007, 08:43 PM
I think wrist warmers would be a good idea.

And you could do socks, they'd just have to be really short ones (1 pair takes 2 skeins if I remember correctly). You'd just have to wash by hand... a small price to pat for the luxury of hand-knitted socks, IMHO.

Orrrr, you could just give it to me :happydance:

XbelovedXoneX
04-17-2007, 08:44 PM
not too double post but....

We weren't laughing at you. I was merely laughing at my reaction to not wanting to felt the pretty colors of koigu. It's the whole idea of not being able to improve upon perfection! :D