PDA

View Full Version : OT: Looking for fake eclair recipe amounts

boyforpele13
04-17-2007, 07:56 PM
I remember the ingredients (I think,) but can't remember amounts and I've been dying for this dish! I don't know what to call it to search for it.

You take a lasagna pan and line the bottom with graham crackers (whole, not crushed or anything). There there's this mixture out of instant vanilla (or other) pudding and cool whip, but I can't remember if you use milk as well as the cool whip, maybe half and half? You spread a layer of that, layer of graham crackers, layer of that, graham crackers, then refrigerate overnight and then spread prepackaged (or homemade if you so desire) chocolate frosting on top and everything inside is all smushy and delicious.

Any ideas? The exact recipe isn't necessary, I really think I just need help with the cool whip/pudding/milk thing if anyone has any suggestions or knows something similar. Thanks!

Krystal
04-17-2007, 08:05 PM
I googled the ingredients and found this... sounds like what you need..

source here (http://www.theholidayspot.com/thanksgiving/recipes/dessert.htm)

CHOCOLATE ECLAIR DESSERT RECIPE

Ingredients:
2 individual packages graham crackers
2 packages instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups milk
1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 package prepared chocolate frosting

Preparation:
Line the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan with graham crackers. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Stir well. Stir in whipped topping to pudding mixture. Spread half of mixture over graham cracker layer. Top with another layer of graham crackers and the remaining pudding. Top all with a final layer of graham crackers and frost with chocolate frosting. Refrigerate until serving.

sounds delish! i wanna try this!

boyforpele13
04-17-2007, 08:07 PM
oh you are awesome, thank you!!!! i didn't even think to google the ingredients!

it really is sinfully good and wicked easy. i'm super picky about pre-made frosting though, so that part gives me a little trouble sometimes, but other than that DELICIOUS!!!!

boyforpele13
04-17-2007, 08:08 PM
p.s. what was the great KH scare of 2007?!?!?!

Krystal
04-17-2007, 08:24 PM
p.s. what was the great KH scare of 2007?!?!?!

haha, i should remove that, it was back in like January, but the boards were offline for like 24 hours or more, and everyone was all freaked out... we need our KH! haha..

so as a joke when the boards came back on I added it to my sig.

I've become really talented at googling things. haha. I can find hidden crack and password things for FH in a snap. An old compute geek friend back in highschool offered me tips and stuff on how to refine searches to get better results. And I've added to them over the years. Like recipe's, I just google the ingredients and can easily find a variation of what I need, if I can't find the exact thing.

vaknitter
04-18-2007, 10:31 AM
OMG I love this stuff. For frosting I use Betty Crockers chocolate glaze for Boston Cream Pies.

If you like this there is another recipe I will have to find at home to post for you. It has the eclair bottom and cream top with frosting. Has the great taste of eclairs but you don't have to pipe, cut and fill all those puffs.

OOOHHH going to have to stop at the grocery store on the way home and do some baking...of course, last time I brought a cake to work someone broke my Pyrex baking dish....

Julie
04-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Man, I haven't had this in years. It's sooooo good. :heart:

My version of the recipe calls for making your own chocolate glaze/frosting:

1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1/4 cup milk, cocoa and sugar and allow to boil for 1 minute; remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Mix well and cool.

boyforpele13
04-18-2007, 04:11 PM
that frosting sounds perfect and easy!!! thank you!!!