PDA

View Full Version : Oddball CARE Shawls (Triangle)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Shandeh
05-24-2007, 02:05 AM
i would love to join in too. (you have my address from the 2nd blanket).

Thanks for joining! :hug:

threesmom
05-24-2007, 11:46 AM
:cheering::cheering:I got the purples shawl this morning!! It got here so fast! Abbiliy, Jeanius - it looks great! Even better in person! You both are much finer-tighter knitters than I am - I might even have to drop a needle size - I just hope it looks okay when I'm done :shifty: I'll start on it today.

Abbily - I really like the journal - did you make it? How? I was wondering how you got your name :wink:
Jeanius - what can I say? You spoiled us! Just so you all know - our treats were: a coloring book and glittery crayons for Lilly - my 3.5yo dd, a matchbox car and tractor (what a winner this was - since we live on a nursery, my son is obsessed with tractors!) for Jacob my 2.5yo ds, and a stuffed lamb for Grace, my 15m dd. The lamb has been hugged, the cars vroomed and crashed, and the coloring book colored. Oh, and almond roca for me, which I wont share! (even though my dd keeps asking me if I had any yet, which is her way of asking if she can have some too :teehee:) THANK YOU!!!

thanks from lilly (she typed it herself)

jeanius80
05-24-2007, 02:15 PM
:cheering:i am so glad you liked everything! i wondered if i should have included a card to let you know what was for whom, but, you're their mommie, i figured you would know :mrgreen: i am so glad they all liked everything.. almond roca's are my favorite, and dh always brings them home (his job does shipping for them) i have a hard time sharing them to!:teehee:

Lilly- you're welcome!:waving:

Sanibelle
05-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Lissalue just PM's me that she mailed the shawl to me today. I can't wait to see it!

Will post when I get it

Lynn

threesmom
05-25-2007, 11:06 AM
.. almond roca's are my favorite, and dh always brings them home (his job does shipping for them) i have a hard time sharing them to!:teehee:

Gee, the only thing my dh brings home from work are dirty work boots:?? Oh well, he's a good guy though and he does occasionally appease me with chocolate, so I guess I'll keep him :teehee:

Started on the shawl last night, and I settled on WOTA in amethyst heather, or something like that - it could be softer, but the color is nice, I think. I should finish with it tonight.

Abbily
05-25-2007, 11:07 AM
Beth, I'm glad you liked the journal! I wasn't sure how it would turn out... It's just cardstock paper, and I printed the cover with this special foil paper we happened to have laying around the office.

I can't wait to see your addition to the shawl! :)

Carey

Shandeh
05-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Very cool progress on our shawls! :cheering:

Just to let you all know. I already have a list of potential recipients of our shawls. So, the sooner we finish one, the better off we'll be.

(hint-hint :psst: Let's speed it up a bit, if we can!!)

Shandeh
05-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Who wants to knit next? We have one or two shawls that are almost ready for the next knitter.

snephenie
05-25-2007, 11:35 PM
Mine was all boxed up ready to go out today but I missed the UPS guy, so it will go out on Tuesday, but it doesn't have very far to go.

threesmom
05-26-2007, 09:13 AM
I finished with the purples shawl last night! :cheering: Who gets it next?

By the way Carey, my daughter looooved :heart: the yarn you and your girls chose!

If I can get ahold of the digital camera, I'll try posting pictures later.

jhelanee
05-26-2007, 12:33 PM
I finished with the purples shawl last night! :cheering: Who gets it next?

I'll take it!
(but if someone who hasn't knitted yet on any of the oddball projects also wants it I will wait patiently since I have already had my turn on one of the blankets. :wink:)

Shandeh
05-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Lissalue and threesmom:

We want photos!! http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif
:teehee:

Thanks for offering to knit jhelanee.

I'm going to PM those who haven't knit yet, to see if any of them are available. If they aren't, then we'll put you to work again!

Last night, I had an epiphany....I was thinking that it might be neat if some of us could work on the same shawl again, to add another stripe of our color, to make the shawl look nice. How do you all feel about that?

MommaG, did you receive the shawl from Dangles yet?

Shandeh
05-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Pretty Purples Shawl

Threesmom, Stagebear is ready, and she has some blue Microspun to use. (I'm not sure if it's "Royal Blue" or "Lilac") Do you think that color would work well with your shawl?

Here's a page that shows Microspun colors:
http://cache.lionbrand.com//yarns/microspu.htm

snephenie
05-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Last night, I had an epiphany....I was thinking that it might be neat if some of us could work on the same shawl again, to add another stripe of our color, to make the shawl look nice. How do you all feel about that?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Or sending off the yarn we used to someone else....:thinking:

threesmom
05-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Shandeh - There's a little of a light bluish color in Jeanie's section, so if it's the lilac, it might pick that up nicely. I have some of the microspun purple which is a little bright - brighter than it appears on my monitor - and at this point the shawl is on the muted side, so I'm not sure how it would look if it's the royal blue and it's brighter than it looks online. :shrug:

Stagebear - what do you think - would if fit with a muted sort of base? I used this http://www.knitpicks.com/Wool+of+the+Andes_YD5420103.html in amethyst heather (sorry - I can't figure out how do neat links since the forum update :aww:)
And I'd be up for knitting on the same shawl again!

MommaG
05-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Lissalue and threesmom:

We want photos!! http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif

Thanks for offering to knit jhelanee.

I'm going to PM those who haven't knit yet, to see if any of them are available. If they aren't, then we'll put you to work again!

MommaG, did you receive the shawl from Dangles yet?
No I still haven't recieved it yet. Not even sure if she has had a chance to mail it yet. Last I talked to her she hadn't but that was last week and it was a holiday here this past Monday so who knows.

stagebear
05-26-2007, 06:21 PM
my micro-spun is lilac - i just think it looks more blue than what i think of as "lilac." i would love to work on the pretty purples.

threesmom
05-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Stagebear - from what I can tell, that lilac would be really pretty on teh shawl ... I'll wait to hear from Shandeh, and just in case, start thinking about what kind of treats you like .... ;-)

Shandeh
05-27-2007, 02:43 AM
Stagebear - from what I can tell, that lilac would be really pretty on teh shawl ... I'll wait to hear from Shandeh, and just in case, start thinking about what kind of treats you like .... ;-)

Stagebear it is! I'll send her mailing address to you right away!

Shandeh
05-27-2007, 02:48 AM
No I still haven't recieved it yet. Not even sure if she has had a chance to mail it yet. Last I talked to her she hadn't but that was last week and it was a holiday here this past Monday so who knows.

MommaG, why don't you start another shawl yourself? If Dangle's shawl shows up, you can just forward it to another knitter.

To start a shawl, just use a US size 8 needle, with a pretty DK yarn, and cast on 3 stitches. Then, repeat the following row on every row:

Knit 1, YO, Knit remaining stitches.

When you've done about 4 inches, let me know. :thumbsup:

MommaG
05-27-2007, 07:51 PM
MommaG, why don't you start another shawl yourself? If Dangle's shawl shows up, you can just forward it to another knitter.

To start a shawl, just use a US size 8 needle, with a pretty DK yarn, and cast on 3 stitches. Then, repeat the following row on every row:

Knit 1, YO, Knit remaining stitches.

When you've done about 4 inches, let me know. :thumbsup:

Ok I have started another shawl. I will post a pic of the dk yarn I used. I finished half of it while at first my son baseball game and then some more at my husbands baseball game.

MommaG
05-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Ok so I snapped a couple pics and here we go. It already measure 4" but I think I am going to knit a little bit more.

Abbily
05-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Lissalue and threesmom:

I actually sent my leftover yarn in the package with the shawl because I thought it would be nice if it showed up again. :)

threesmom
05-27-2007, 10:52 PM
I could send mine along too, or just wait until it comes back to me, if that's how we decide it should work. If I don't hear by when I mail it, then I'll send it.

losnana
05-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Shandeh, I can take a shawl at any time. I usually don't check the forum until after work, so by the time I can respond someone else has chimed in. Just let me know whenever you need somebody.

stagebear
05-28-2007, 09:58 AM
i'm excited - i cant wait!

threesmom
05-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Stagebear - I'll probably be able to send the shawl tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest, so you'll have it soon :grin:. I had problems pm'ing you, so let me know if it's okay to send along a treat too, of some kind. There were nice goodies in the box when it got to me, and I'd like it to be the same for you!

stagebear
05-28-2007, 12:08 PM
threesmom, i pm'ed you. but i forgot to mention that if you could mail it tomorrow, i would for sure get it before i leave town (mailing wednesday might push it). but if you can't, i understand.

kellycarr05
05-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Its finished and ready to go to the next knitter!!!!:cheering:
Who's next???

losnana
05-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Me, please, please

Shandeh
05-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Sorry for the delay, my friends! I somehow stopped getting reply notifications for this thread.

Ok so I snapped a couple pics and here we go. It already measure 4" but I think I am going to knit a little bit more.
You GO MommaG! :cheering: Your shawl beginning looks GREAT!
We'll have jhelanee knit after you. I'll send her address. :)

I could send mine along too, or just wait until it comes back to me, if that's how we decide it should work. If I don't hear by when I mail it, then I'll send it.
Threesmom, just hold onto it, and if we use you again on the same shawl, you'll have it ready. :thumbsup:

Shandeh, I can take a shawl at any time. I usually don't check the forum until after work, so by the time I can respond someone else has chimed in. Just let me know whenever you need somebody.
Gotcha! :wink:

Its finished and ready to go to the next knitter!!!!:cheering:
Who's next???
Kellycarr, you can send it to losnana! I'll send her address right away. By the way, which yarn did you use, Kelly?

Shandeh
05-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I actually sent my leftover yarn in the package with the shawl because I thought it would be nice if it showed up again. :)
Abbily, it was YOUR idea by proxy. :)

kellycarr05
05-28-2007, 09:54 PM
I used Wool-Ease Heather Blush:happydancing:

kellycarr05
05-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Its a very light pink

jhelanee
05-28-2007, 09:55 PM
You GO MommaG! :cheering: Your shawl beginning looks GREAT!
We'll have jhelanee knit after you. I'll send her address. :)

:happydance: Sounds good to me! MommaG: if you could let me know when it is mailed and an estimated arrival time (range of days is fine) I would appreciate it!

~Jennifer

losnana
05-29-2007, 06:54 AM
Kellycarr05, apparently you sent me an email, but your CP is set not to allow email from others.? The subject is "misty blue shawl."

Shandeh
05-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Hello again, my friends! :hug:

I just wanted to post a reminder, in case some of our newest knitters need the information.

These shawls are somewhat different from our blankets, because they are not REALLY for charity. They will be given to members of our forum who need encouragement from us.

Since we are all knitters and yarn lovers, we are requesting that you choose a skein of NICE yarn when knitting your portion. It doesn't take much yarn to knit on the shawl. You can knit from one to 3 inches, depending on how much yarn you have available.

We are using DK weight yarn on most of the shawls, but there is one shawl (the "Worsted Weight" shawl) which will take worsted weight yarn.

If you are limited to Walmart or Hobby Lobby for your yarn, you can sometimes find nice thinner yarns in the crochet section. If you can't find anything you really want to use, let us know here, and I'm sure someone can sell (or share) a skein of their stash with you.

Thank you all SO MUCH for participating in our special project!!
:muah:

MommaG
05-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Yeah:cheering::cheering:. Dangles just IM'd me that she sent the shawl out my way. So once it gets here I will post a pic and add to it and send it on. Since we are both in Canada it shouldn't take to long to get to me. I am so excited now.

snephenie
05-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Earthtones shawl is officially on it's way to Mariblue :)

Mariblue
05-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Earthtones shawl is officially on it's way to Mariblue :)
:cheering:Yeah! Thanks, Snephenie, I'll keep an eye out for it!

threesmom
05-30-2007, 09:21 AM
I sent out the purples shawl yesterday! Stagebear, be on the lookout!

ElenTikvah
05-30-2007, 12:10 PM
So sorry but I've had a hard time keeping up with all the forums for the Oddball projects, but it's been nice to track the projects on the blogs...thanks for that!

Real life has taken much of my time lately, including an unexpected trip across the country, but I think I'm ready for knitting whenever now.

I hate to admit this, but I don't have much of a stash of yarns, so I don't really mind which shawl, as I'll have to go shopping (oh darn!)

I've noticed that there are more color themes than with the blankets, but are there yarn-types or fibers too? Sorry for the question...I don't have time to peruse the entire 20-some-odd pages of this thread right now! :P

Looking forward to joining you all!

~Tik

stagebear
05-30-2007, 08:51 PM
i got the shawl today! how sad is it that i didnt go out to run any errands cause i didnt want to miss it.

now i'm debating if my mcrospun is too blue for it. it is definately subdued enough. so i have to decide if i use that double-stranded or my leftover wool-ease in rose heather.

PixieKnits
05-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Waiting for my shawl! :) im going to be at my moms house this weekend so the mailman will hold my mail if i don't get it before then! :)

lissalue
05-31-2007, 08:06 AM
Lissalue just PM's me that she mailed the shawl to me today. I can't wait to see it!

Will post when I get it

Lynn

Did you get it yet? I am starting to get worried. I think it should have been there by now:help:.

Sandy, sorry I didn't take a picture:pout:, you know how I am. I did good to get it mailed before I left for my trip. :teehee:

stagebear
05-31-2007, 01:38 PM
the purples shawl will be ready to be mailed out tomorrow. who's next?

Sanibelle
05-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Did you get it yet? I am starting to get worried. I think it should have been there by now:help:.

Sandy, sorry I didn't take a picture:pout:, you know how I am. I did good to get it mailed before I left for my trip. :teehee:

I got the shawl today. I will take pics tomorrow but it arrived safe and sound and looks great. And thanks Lissalue for the goodies!

stagebear
05-31-2007, 09:12 PM
here's a pic now that i'm done. i think the "lilac" compliments threesmom's amethyst nicely.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/206/524303586_811254e874.jpg

jeanius80
05-31-2007, 09:28 PM
sp pretty! i love how it is turning out!

threesmom
05-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Wow Stagebear - that was fast! I love how it turned out!

stagebear
05-31-2007, 10:53 PM
i had to knit fast. i had to get it and re-send it before i leave for vacation. so now i'll i need is to know where to send it next.

Shandeh
05-31-2007, 11:46 PM
I've told Stagebear to mail the Pretty Purples shawl to me, since she needs to mail it before her vacation. I have some yarn that will work well with it.

Some of the knitters who signed up have not yet knit a portion:

ElenTikvah
Jenelle
carmabelle1191
Teeka
snowbear

I will send a private message to each of these knitters to see if any are ready to knit on a shawl. Then, I'll have a list of names ready to knit the next available shawls!

jjminarcik
06-01-2007, 02:19 AM
Shandeh - I don't know if it's too late to sign up, but I would love to participate. I just moved and am currently unemployed and want to get involved in charity knitting. Let me know if I can do anything to help!

Abbily
06-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Ooohh, I love how these are turning out! :) Stagebear, I love the color you chose!

MommaG
06-01-2007, 11:46 AM
IT'S HERE!!!!IT'S HERE!!!!!

The shawl from Dangles just arrived like five mins ago. She included a journal so we can all add to it as well. Now I get to add my part to the shawl. I will post a pic later as I think DH took the camera with him this morning.

carmabelle1191
06-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I love the blue!
Sorry I haven't been here for a while!:waving:

Sanibelle
06-02-2007, 08:07 AM
I got my section knit last night so I am ready to send the shawl on. Let me know who gets it and I will send it out on Monday.

Here is a picture:

lissalue
06-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Wow sanibelle!! that was fast! it looks beautiful! :heart::hug:nice work

Shandeh
06-02-2007, 11:18 PM
IT'S HERE!!!!IT'S HERE!!!!!
The shawl from Dangles just arrived like five mins ago. She included a journal so we can all add to it as well. Now I get to add my part to the shawl. I will post a pic later as I think DH took the camera with him this morning.
Yay! The #6 shawl finally got through Canadian mail! :cheering:

I got my section knit last night so I am ready to send the shawl on. Let me know who gets it and I will send it out on Monday.
Gorgeous! Thanks for knitting quickly! :)
You can mail the shawl to snowbear. She said that she is ready!

Shandeh
06-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Sanibelle, what yarn did you use?

snowbear
06-02-2007, 11:42 PM
:happydance::cheering::blooby::woot:

Uh can you tell I'm excited about getting the shawl? hehehe

I've sent my 2 out, have a week before the next one goes out, and I have an entire day to finish all the housework.

Then, To watch for the delivery man. * race home everynight to check the mail.....lol

Oh don't even ask how I am at X-mas.. I'm terrible.lol

Sanibelle
06-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Sanibelle, what yarn did you use?

I used Dive Butterfly.

It a such a nice soft yarn. I made a shrug with it for a friend and had some left over. I am sending it in the package if anyone else wants to use it again.

Sanibelle
06-03-2007, 02:12 PM
:happydance::cheering::blooby::woot:

Uh can you tell I'm excited about getting the shawl? hehehe

I've sent my 2 out, have a week before the next one goes out, and I have an entire day to finish all the housework.

Then, To watch for the delivery man. * race home everynight to check the mail.....lol

Oh don't even ask how I am at X-mas.. I'm terrible.lol

Snowbear -

I am sending you the package in the AM - Be on the lookout! I hope you like the little goodies I threw in for you! Enjoy....

Shandeh
06-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Yay! This morning I got my package from stagebear! :cheering:
(It's fun to be on THIS end of the project for a change.) :wink:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1099/529981465_3098883629.jpg
Thank you stagebear, for the YUMMY "Pistachio Lovers" mixed nuts and DELICIOUS loose leaf tea! :inlove:

Now, I'm off to the craft room to pick a good yarn for the "Pretty Purples" shawl from my stash.
:happydance:

stagebear
06-04-2007, 04:19 PM
yay - i'm so glad it got to you quickly! have fun with it.

MommaG
06-04-2007, 09:22 PM
DONE!!! I am finished my part of the shawl. Who gets it next. Here's a pic of it. It is DK weight and I think it is a nice summer color theme goin. Who gets it next Shandeh.

PixieKnits
06-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Gorgeous MommaG!

Dangles
06-05-2007, 12:29 AM
A summer theme good idea Momma G. :)

DONE!!! I am finished my part of the shawl. Who gets it next. Here's a pic of it. It is DK weight and I think it is a nice summer color theme goin. Who gets it next Shandeh.

Shandeh
06-06-2007, 12:12 AM
Beautiful Momma G and Dangles! :thumbsup:
And the "Summer Shades Shawl" is a PERFECT name!

I finished my knitting on the Pretty Purples Shawl this morning. I used 4 different yarns to make an interesting striped section.

Moda Dea Dream (http://www.modadea.com/dream.htm) (57% Nylon, 43% Acrylic)
Feza Dali (http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=3145) (55% Mohair, 15% Polyamid, 10% Luex, 20% Acrylic)
Plassard Cachemire (http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=1978) (100% Cashmere)
Feza Stardust (unsure of content - but is more like a crochet thread than a yarn)

The softest part is, of course, the cashmere (the pink in the center of the stripes). But the other yarns are nice as well.

It was fun to do!

I think my favorite part of the project was reading the journal included with the shawl. It made me feel warm and fuzzy all over. Our KH members are so wonderful!
:heart: :muah: :heart:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1211/532718021_d1f92fc5d4.jpg

Close-up of my knitting and the yarn I used:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1298/532718035_c202d06a22.jpg

Shandeh
06-06-2007, 12:16 AM
MommaG, your Summer Shawl will go to Jenelle.
I'll send her mailing address right away.

I'll be sending the Pretty Purples shawl to ElenTikvah.
:)

jhelanee
06-06-2007, 12:24 AM
I seem to recall that one of the shawls was going to be sent to me, but I haven't gotten it (or seen that it was sent). :shrug: Does anyone have an update for me?

~Jennifer

jeanius80
06-06-2007, 12:27 AM
shandeh i love you stripe!1!!!!1:heart: the pretty purples shawl is going to be a dream to feel.. all those textures and different fibers :inlove:

Shandeh
06-06-2007, 12:28 AM
I seem to recall that one of the shawls was going to be sent to me, but I haven't gotten it (or seen that it was sent). :shrug: Does anyone have an update for me?
Jennifer, MommaG mailed her other shawl to you. She is in Canada, so it might take a while.

Shandeh
06-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Here's an update on all our shawls as far as I know right now. If any of you have an update, just let me know.

You can always see the latest on the shawls on our Oddball Shawls Blog. (http://oddballshawls.blogspot.com/)

Shawl #1 - Earthtones
Traveling from snephanie to mariblue

Shawl #2 - Wonderful Worsted Weight
Going from Sanibelle to snowbear

Shawl #3 - Pretty Purples
Being mailed from Shandeh to jhelanee

Shawl #4 - Misty Blues
Coming from kellycarr05 to losnana

Shawl #5 - Candy Shop
In the mail from mintdee to PixieKnits

Shawl #6 - Summer Shades
Coming from MommaG in Canada to Jenelle in Pennsylvania

Dangles
06-06-2007, 02:42 AM
:thumbsup: Once again, Shandeh does it. Thank you for another wonderful one-site-coverage of the shawls.

Sanibelle
06-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Hi Shandeh

I had so much fun with the one I just worked on that if you want me to knit some more on another I would love to do that. Just let me know.

beckyrhae
06-06-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm ready to take my second turn anytime you need! These shawls are looking so good!

Shandeh
06-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Jennifer, MommaG mailed her other shawl to you. She is in Canada, so it might take a while.

jhelanee, we have decided to cancel the 7th shawl for now, since MommaG received the 6th shawl from Dangles.

So, I'll put your name as the ready knitter for our next available shawl. :hug:

jhelanee
06-06-2007, 11:13 AM
OK. :cool:

PixieKnits
06-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Im still waiting for my shawl! :( i hope i get it soon!

Mariblue
06-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Yep, I'm still waiting, but I think it should be here any day now. Yesterday my 7 yr old son caught me peeking out the front door, looking at the empty spot that should be a package. He asked me what I was doing, and I said, "What? Nothing!" :shifty:

PixieKnits
06-06-2007, 01:20 PM
I am constantly stalking my mailman! :) i am usually getting packages everyday!

snephenie
06-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Yep, I'm still waiting, but I think it should be here any day now. Yesterday my 7 yr old son caught me peeking out the front door, looking at the empty spot that should be a package. He asked me what I was doing, and I said, "What? Nothing!" :shifty:

You should have it by now! I'm going to track it I sent it UPS.

snephenie
06-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Yep today is the day!!!

06/06/2007 12:08 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

Mariblue
06-06-2007, 04:19 PM
:cheering:Yeah, I got it! Steph, thank you so much for the beautiful yarn! :inlove: I can't wait to find a project for it!

Steph sent me two hanks of Classic Elite yarn premiere color #5293, a lovely shade of light blue. And Two skeins of Tahki Yarns Angel, in the Shade colorway, It's a dark yarn with pretty colors of greens and oranges and blues running through it. :heart:
I need to make a trip to the yarn store to pick something out for the shawl (Oh, drat! :teehee:). I was thinking of adding a chocolate brown color, or maybe a blue, to bring out the blue or the brown in the SWTC bamboo yarn that Steph used. What do you all think?

snowbear
06-06-2007, 07:29 PM
OK.. This polar bear is ticked. The letter carrier has of yet to deliver my shawl. *stands on hind legs and growls... *

I'm off work tomorrow & Friday.. I will attack his little toy truck and get my package.. I know he has it and is just being a pill. I'll teach him to hide my packages from me!

(In case you can't tell,, I have no patience on waiting for things to arrive in the mail)
:!!!:

stagebear
06-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Sandy, your purples are beautiful!

Shandeh
06-06-2007, 10:07 PM
:cheering:Yeah, I got it! Steph, thank you so much for the beautiful yarn! :inlove: I can't wait to find a project for it!

Steph sent me two hanks of Classic Elite yarn premiere color #5293, a lovely shade of light blue. And Two skeins of Tahki Yarns Angel, in the Shade colorway, It's a dark yarn with pretty colors of greens and oranges and blues running through it. :heart:
I need to make a trip to the yarn store to pick something out for the shawl (Oh, drat! :teehee:). I was thinking of adding a chocolate brown color, or maybe a blue, to bring out the blue or the brown in the SWTC bamboo yarn that Steph used. What do you all think?

What gorgeous yarn you received from Steph! :inlove:

I think that a brown yarn would be nice....or yellow or orange. But, then....it's really up to YOU what you choose, because it's YOUR TURN. :muah:

Shandeh
06-06-2007, 10:08 PM
I was just looking through my notes, and noticed that ElenTikvah is not available right now to work on the Pretty Purples shawl, so I will be mailing it to jhelanee instead! :muah:

Shandeh
06-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Im still waiting for my shawl! :( i hope i get it soon!

I hope so too! I just sent a PM to mintdee to check on it for you.
:hug:

The letter carrier has of yet to deliver my shawl.
Poor snowbear! :pout:

Hi Shandeh, I had so much fun with the one I just worked on that if you want me to knit some more on another I would love to do that. Just let me know.
:thumbsup:

I'm ready to take my second turn anytime you need! These shawls are looking so good!
:)

snephenie
06-07-2007, 01:09 AM
I just realized looking at the shawl, I really didn't knit as much as everyone else...:oops: I thought I had done more but with the move my mind was everywhere. I hope it's ok the way it is.

beckyrhae
06-07-2007, 01:14 AM
I just realized looking at the shawl, I really didn't knit as much as everyone else...:oops: I thought I had done more but with the move my mind was everywhere. I hope it's ok the way it is.

Its not the size of your knitting... its the thought that counts! Worry not! Its beautiful! :muah:

Mariblue
06-07-2007, 09:21 AM

I think it's just beautiful the way it is! I like that not all the stripes are the same size, also, they'll be getting thinner the wider the shawl gets, because there will be more stitches to knit on each row.

MommaG
06-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Jenelle I sent it in the mail today. I sent it regular mail so it may take a little bit to get to you. Hopefully there is no problem with it crossing the border.

snowbear
06-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Guess what? The shawl came!!!!!

It is sooo beautiful.. and oh my.. a really neat pencil holder.. it will hold my extra color pens I carry & highlighter I use to mark my patterns, I received the most wonderful creams... oh they smell sooo awesome. Then some yarn for my baby oddball blankets... I am humbled at the gifts. Thank you soo much.

I now have to go to my lys to find the perfect yarn to go with this awesome shawl.

I am honored to be among those adding to this worthwhile cause.

:hug::heart::hug::heart:

(I was so excited I kissed the mailman.. he almost ran..lol)

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 03:47 AM
We're just glad that you knit your love into it! :muah:

Jenelle I sent it in the mail today. I sent it regular mail so it may take a little bit to get to you. Hopefully there is no problem with it crossing the border.
:pray: :pray: :pray:

Yay!! :cheering: We are honored to have you participate! :hug:
I wish I could have seen you kiss the mailman! :roflhard:

Sanibelle
06-08-2007, 09:11 AM

It is sooo beautiful.. and oh my.. a really neat pencil holder.. it will hold my extra color pens I carry & highlighter I use to mark my patterns, I received the most wonderful creams... oh they smell sooo awesome. Then some yarn for my baby oddball blankets... I am humbled at the gifts. Thank you soo much.

I now have to go to my lys to find the perfect yarn to go with this awesome shawl.

:hug::heart::hug::heart:

I am so glad you liked everything.... I knew you were not feeling good and thought the creams would cheer you up. I actually use the case to hold DPN's and random knitting items so I thought you would like one too...

I hope you enjoy working on the shawl as much as I did and I hope you are feeling better.

Mariblue
06-09-2007, 10:26 PM
I went to the yarn store today to get yarn for the shawl, and had the bestest time. I've had to wait since Wednesday to be able to go, since we are a one car family (and the wait was almost unbearable, I'm so excited to be knitting on this shawl!) I arrived at the yarn store with the shawl, so I could match up colors, and the lady there asked me what the shawl was for, and when I told her, she said that she had a bag full of charity yarn in the back, and I could look through it if I wanted, and see if I found something that I liked. And so... I was able to find some Cascade Key Largo yarn, in a very pretty blue-green color that matches up with the blues and greens in the shawl quite nicely! :cheering:And it was free! It's 65% Pima Cotton, and 35% Superfine Alpaca, and is really soft! :cheering: I'll post a pic in a day or two, once I get some knitting done on it. :hug:

snowbear
06-10-2007, 12:48 PM
I found the most beautiful soft yarn to add to the shawl. Since I was under the weather medically these past few days... knitting smiple stitch helped me take my mind away...

The creams are sooo wonderfull...

The shawl should go out Thursday, I can't mail M,T,W, since I work 6:30 - 5:40.. but Thursday I get off at 3. So I'll have it ready by then.

Bear hugs to everyone...

Mariblue
06-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Well, I'm nearly done with my part of the shawl, who will I be mailing it to next? :hug:

carmabelle1191
06-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Me, me! Can I have it next?

PixieKnits
06-12-2007, 02:10 AM
still no sign of my shawl :(

Shandeh
06-12-2007, 07:46 PM
I was able to find some Cascade Key Largo yarn, in a very pretty blue-green color that matches up with the blues and greens in the shawl quite nicely! :cheering:And it was free! It's 65% Pima Cotton, and 35% Superfine Alpaca, and is really soft! :cheering:
That's WONDERFUL!!!! :cheering::happydance::cheering:

The shawl should go out Thursday.
Great job, snowbear! :wink:

Well, I'm nearly done with my part of the shawl, who will I be mailing it to next? :hug:
Me, me! Can I have it next?
Mariblue, Carmabelle is ready! :teehee: I'll PM her address to you.

still no sign of my shawl :(
Awww!!! I'll check with Mintdee again, my friend. :pout:

Mariblue
06-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Ok Carmabelle, the shawl has been mailed and is on its way to you!

Here's a picture of how it looks now!

carmabelle1191
06-14-2007, 07:53 PM
:cheering: I can't wait! Thank you Mariblue!

snephenie
06-14-2007, 07:56 PM
It looks great!!!

GennyLynn1962
06-15-2007, 10:02 AM
I just checked in on the shawl blog, they all look great! Of course I love purple so when I saw the purple one I was like :inlove:.

After July 7th things should start to slow down a bit around here so I will be able to knit on the shawls or blankets if everyone has had a turn. Just let me know when/if you need me.

ElenTikvah
06-15-2007, 10:34 AM
finally back from Seattle...so I'm ready whenever!

~Tik

PixieKnits
06-15-2007, 11:50 PM
i suppose im just going to give up hope :(

snowbear
06-16-2007, 10:57 AM
OK.. Shawl is on it's way to::: ( drum roll) jjminarcik!!!!!!

It went out this morning express mail. I'm sorry I'm running a few days late.. ( was to go out Thursday) but life happened.. but things doing great now..

Thanks so much for a chance to work on it..

Shandeh, you are so awesome.

FYI Joann's are having a big clearance sale! They are clearing out a bunch of stuff. ( my credit card is still hot!)

threesmom
06-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Wow - the shawls are looking great! I can't decide which one l like best, but I am sort of attached to the purples :teehee:. I've been, uh, supplementing my stash..(my poor poor credit card!) and I've got lots of lovely stuff to work with now! I'm ready to go anytime Shandeh!

jjminarcik
06-16-2007, 12:09 PM
[quote=snowbear;880272]OK.. Shawl is on it's way to::: ( drum roll) jjminarcik!!!!!!

:cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering: I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Mariblue
06-16-2007, 01:13 PM
i suppose im just going to give up hope :(
No, don't give up hope! I bet Shandeh is looking into it. :hug:

Jenelle
06-16-2007, 08:46 PM
I wanted to let you all know that I recieved my shawl that was sent to me. :muah:

I can't work on it where I am at right now, but I'll start working on it when I get home.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! :muah: :hug:

carmabelle1191
06-16-2007, 10:11 PM
The shawl arrived, the shawl arrived! Pics are to come tomorrow. Thank you for the yarn, Mariblue!

MommaG
06-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Jenelle I am so glad you received the shawl. I was worried something would happen at the border.

Shandeh
06-18-2007, 01:11 PM
No, don't give up hope! I bet Shandeh is looking into it. :hug:
I looked into it for you, PixieKnits!!!

Mintdee was having some family issues, and says that she will mail your shawl very soon. She appreciates your patience. :muah:

Shandeh
06-18-2007, 01:58 PM
OK, I'm starting to get a plan in my head for our shawls now.

Remember how we said that it would be good to use the same yarn on the shawls again to make them look nice? Some of us may not have any more of the yarn we used before, but we can still work on the same shawl, just for fun.

I'm thinking about using 11 knitters on each shawl, reversing the order of knitters on the return trip, so we can send packages to the person who sent us a package earlier! :thumbsup:

This way, each person gets to knit for 2 or 3 times.
(I'm the only one knitting 4 times.)
If you prefer to NOT knit again, just send me a private message, letting me know your preference. :hug:

Here is the plan for each shawl:

Earthtones Shawl
Shandeh
MaryB
beckyrhae
snephenie
Mariblue
carmabelle1191
Mariblue
snephenie
beckyrhae
MaryB
Shandeh

Worsted Weight Shawl
rennfamily
bobi1218
lissalue
Sanibelle
snowbear
jjminarcik
snowbear
Sanibelle
lissalue
bobi1218
rennfamily

Pretty Purples Shawl
Abbily
jeanius80
threesmom
stagebear
Shandeh
jhelanee
Shandeh
stagebear
threesmom
jeanius80
Abbily

Misty Blues Shawl
RiverDaughter
GennyLynn1962
kellycarr05
losnana
ElenTikvah
Teeka
ElenTikvah
losnana
kellycarr05
GennyLynn1962
RiverDaughter

Candy Shop Shawl
PaperGirl
mintdee
PixieKnits
carmabelle1191
jhelanee
threesmom
jhelanee
carmabelle1191
PixieKnits
mintdee
PaperGirl

Summer Shades Shawl
Dangles
MommaG
Jenelle
jjminarcik
Teeka
GennyLynn1962
Teeka
jjminarcik
Jenelle
MommaG
Dangles

MaryB
06-18-2007, 02:21 PM
:cheering:Great idea! I saved the yarn so I am ready!:cheering:

PixieKnits
06-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Oh whew im glad she hadn't sent it yet, i was going to be sad if the PO ate another package of mine!

jjminarcik
06-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Shandeh - That sounds like a great idea! :muah:

Sanibelle
06-18-2007, 03:48 PM
I think that is a great idea too... I am ready to knit again when it is my turn!

lissalue
06-18-2007, 05:06 PM
that sounds like a great idea, but i am curious about the size of the worsted weight shawl vs the others. isn't it going to be much bigger? and if so, do we want to stop it sooner, or maybe each knit less this time around? just a thought.

threesmom
06-18-2007, 05:20 PM
:cheering:I like that idea lots too Shandeh! It gives us some closure, or something sort of like it anyway. And how great for those who started to see it at the end!

losnana
06-18-2007, 08:43 PM
I think the Misty Blues hs been eaten by the US Postal Service. Kellycarr05 mailed it to me on June 5 by priority mail! tomorrow will be 2 weeks and no scarf. I've had my PO check for it with no luck. some priority service.

Sandy, I think your idea is great!

PixieKnits
06-19-2007, 03:45 PM
ITS HERE!!!! Thanks Mintdee for the FABULOUS handspun, i think i'll make ME something out of it! :D off to get some yummy yarn! :D

Mariblue
06-19-2007, 03:53 PM
ITS HERE!!!! Thanks Mintdee for the FABULOUS handspun, i think i'll make ME something out of it! :D off to get some yummy yarn! :D
:cheering:Yeah!
Shandeh, I like that idea!

Glad you got the shawl so quickly, Carmabelle! I was really surprised it had made its way to you so fast, until my husband told me that he mailed it priority, as it was only 10 cents more. :teehee:

jjminarcik
06-19-2007, 05:05 PM
I received the shawl from Snowbear today! :cheering::cheering::cheering: I'm so excited to start working on it!

PixieKnits
06-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Im so sad, the DK i THOUGHT i had, isn't DK at all!! it says DK on the packaging, and its SO worsted! so now i have to go find or order a DK

jeanius80
06-19-2007, 07:26 PM
shandeh i think its a great idea, i still have the rest of my ball plus a couple of the same laying around! can't wait for it to come back! whoo hoo! :happydance:

jhelanee
06-19-2007, 08:52 PM
I got the "Pretty Purples" shawl from Shandeh! (Well, I actually got it yesterday but was a bad girl and didn't post about it :oops: )

She also sent a bunch of different teas that I am looking forward to trying, a flower pin and a cute book. Thanks Shandeh!! :cheering: I'll post pictures eventually...

PaperGirl
06-19-2007, 09:57 PM
I love this idea! I still have a whole skien of the chocolate I can use! :muah:

Shandeh
06-20-2007, 12:37 AM
Yay! :cheering:

It's so exciting to see our shawls arriving at our doorsteps at the same time! :happydance:

Losnana....let's wait another week to see if the shawl shows up.
(We once had to wait for over a MONTH for one of our blankets to get where it was intended!) :shock:

Let's all have a moment of silence for our missing shawl.
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Also, I'm THRILLED that everyone is happy with the plan for the shawls to revisit where they have already gone. :thumbsup:

It's nice to have a definite plan now, isn't it?

snowbear
06-20-2007, 07:56 PM
It's always nice to have a plan..

* slips back onto the ice float to enjoy the coolness, and peacefullness

*takes out knitting and works on a scarf... hehehehhe

PixieKnits
06-22-2007, 12:20 AM
GOt my yarn today!! so im off to knit and get it done! :D

Dangles
06-22-2007, 12:31 AM
I wonder what they look like currently?

PixieKnits
06-22-2007, 01:06 AM
SHandeh has a link in her signature! :)

Dangles
06-22-2007, 03:19 AM
SHandeh has a link in her signature! :)

I know, I checked.. then saw last entry was about a month ago so I was hoping to see some pics here. :)

PixieKnits
06-22-2007, 03:45 AM
i'll post mine tomorrow! once i get a couple of more rows done, right now i've only done 2 :P

Shandeh
06-23-2007, 01:02 AM
I know, I checked.. then saw last entry was about a month ago so I was hoping to see some pics here. :)
Ignore the date for the post - I just keep changing the photos.

So, it's actually MUCH more current than the May date listed.

PixieKnits
06-23-2007, 01:14 AM
well im taking a current pic, but im not DONE! :)

PixieKnits
06-23-2007, 01:22 AM
ok here it is! :)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/pixielinds/100_2673.jpg

Shandeh
06-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Pretty! What yarn are you using?

PixieKnits
06-24-2007, 01:56 AM
same yarn as the first knitter LionBrand MicroSpun in Turqouise!

Slipstitch
06-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Okay. Cover me, I'm goin' in! :thumbsup:

Just joined KnittingHelp primarily to get involved with The Odball CARE Shawl project. A customer at the LYS where I work was knitting her part the other day and I was intrigued.

I'll get all this posting stuff figured out eventually, but would love to hear some info about joining up.

Dangles
06-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Okay. Cover me, I'm goin' in! :thumbsup:

Just joined KnittingHelp primarily to get involved with The Odball CARE Shawl project. A customer at the LYS where I work was knitting her part the other day and I was intrigued.

I'll get all this posting stuff figured out eventually, but would love to hear some info about joining up.

Welcome to the site Slipstitch :waving: You will have fun here.

PixieKnits
06-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Welcome Slipstitch! glad you decided to join us!

jjminarcik
06-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Hi Slipstitch! :waving: Welcome!

That wasn't me by chance, was it? :wink: I knitted all of my part of the oddball shawl at an LYS and I think I told the story 100 times of what I was doing!

BTW, my part is done! I would post a pic, but camera is being mean :cry:.

Shandeh, who do I send it to next!

Slipstitch
06-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Yeah - jjmimarcik, it WAS you! I think you could tell that I was a wee bit interested.

Thanks to all for welcoming me.

Here's a question...What forum's are you all in now, or have been in before? Since I ask the question I must be the first to confess - I was in an active N'SYNC forum. <gasp>:shifty:

snowbear
06-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Welcome- * gives you a gentle bear hug*

Isn't it amazing what knitting will do? the shawls give all of us love, some by knitting it, some by seeing it, and eventualy by the one who wears it.

Glad you could join!

jjminarcik
06-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Yeah - jjmimarcik, it WAS you! I think you could tell that I was a wee bit interested.

Thanks to all for welcoming me.

Here's a question...What forum's are you all in now, or have been in before? Since I ask the question I must be the first to confess - I was in an active N'SYNC forum. <gasp>:shifty:

Ok Slipstitch, I told the story about the oddball shawl a bunch of times, so which one are you? :shrug: Slipstitch isn't exactly a name I remember :teehee::teehee:

Check out our thread about our area here. (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=52994)

GennyLynn1962
06-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Losnana....let's wait another week to see if the shawl shows up.
(We once had to wait for over a MONTH for one of our blankets to get where it was intended!) :shock:

Let's all have a moment of silence for our missing shawl.
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Also, I'm THRILLED that everyone is happy with the plan for the shawls to revisit where they have already gone. :thumbsup:

It's nice to have a definite plan now, isn't it?

I'm so far behind. :oops: I have been so busy I haven't been able to get on here very much.

We have a missing shawl? Has it been recovered yet? I'm guessing it is the Misty Blues Shawl?

What is the plan for the "revisit" of the shawls?

Sorry about all the questions, it's the only way I'll be able to catch up. I'll try to do better in the future.:pout:

GennyLynn1962
06-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Goodness, I didn't mean to make everyone stop talking.

Mariblue
06-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Here's Shandeh's idea about the shawls returning to the knitters. :hug:

OK, I'm starting to get a plan in my head for our shawls now.

Remember how we said that it would be good to use the same yarn on the shawls again to make them look nice? Some of us may not have any more of the yarn we used before, but we can still work on the same shawl, just for fun.

I'm thinking about using 11 knitters on each shawl, reversing the order of knitters on the return trip, so we can send packages to the person who sent us a package earlier! :thumbsup:

This way, each person gets to knit for 2 or 3 times.
(I'm the only one knitting 4 times.)
If you prefer to NOT knit again, just send me a private message, letting me know your preference. :hug:

Here is the plan for each shawl:

Earthtones Shawl
Shandeh
MaryB
beckyrhae
snephenie
Mariblue
carmabelle1191
Mariblue
snephenie
beckyrhae
MaryB
Shandeh

Worsted Weight Shawl
rennfamily
bobi1218
lissalue
Sanibelle
snowbear
jjminarcik
snowbear
Sanibelle
lissalue
bobi1218
rennfamily

Pretty Purples Shawl
Abbily
jeanius80
threesmom
stagebear
Shandeh
jhelanee
Shandeh
stagebear
threesmom
jeanius80
Abbily

Misty Blues Shawl
RiverDaughter
GennyLynn1962
kellycarr05
losnana
ElenTikvah
Teeka
ElenTikvah
losnana
kellycarr05
GennyLynn1962
RiverDaughter

Candy Shop Shawl
PaperGirl
mintdee
PixieKnits
carmabelle1191
jhelanee
threesmom
jhelanee
carmabelle1191
PixieKnits
mintdee
PaperGirl

Summer Shades Shawl
Dangles
MommaG
Jenelle
jjminarcik
Teeka
GennyLynn1962
Teeka
jjminarcik
Jenelle
MommaG
Dangles

losnana
06-26-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm so far behind. :oops: I have been so busy I haven't been able to get on here very much.

We have a missing shawl? Has it been recovered yet? I'm guessing it is the Misty Blues Shawl?

What is the plan for the "revisit" of the shawls?

Sorry about all the questions, it's the only way I'll be able to catch up. I'll try to do better in the future.:pout:

You're right. The missing shawl is the Misty Blues, and it has not turned up yet.

carmabelle1191
06-26-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm all done with my section! The only problem is that the shawl is starting to get a little too big for the ciruclar needle that it came on. Should I go out and buy a bigger one?

threesmom
06-27-2007, 10:02 AM
The shawl I had was threaded onto a piece of scrap yarn, and we each used our own needles. You can try that, carmabelle, maybe whoever is getting it from you has the right size?

GennyLynn1962
06-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the info, Shandeh's plan sounds good to me.

I hope our MIA shawl turns up soon.

jjminarcik
06-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Okay, I mailed the worsted weight shawl to SNOWBEAR! :cheering::cheering:It's on it's way priority mail, so you should have it in a few days.

I would post a picture, but just realized I didn't take one. :cry:

snowbear
06-28-2007, 06:23 AM
*floats to the mailbox, and starts watching for the mailman..

* yawns... takes a bear nap waiting....:hug:

snowbear
06-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Growls.... looks for mailman.. no package... *goes back to ice float to wait for tomorrow.

"Mailman better hurry up.. *growlssss*"

snowbear
06-29-2007, 09:41 PM
*a knock is heard...* bear walks to door.. no one there.. growls... it's raining..

Bear goes to mailbox.. note inside.. package on back porch... bear goes back to apartment, goes to back porch, finds package.
hmmmm looks familar.

*opens package carefully..

takes out shawl.. snuggles.. and relaxes and knits.....:hug:

Dangles
06-30-2007, 12:33 AM
Yay, it made it :)

Shandeh
06-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Oh My Gosh! I'm glad that you are all intelligent people!!!

I stopped getting notifications for our Oddball Shawl thread, and was just sailing along through my usual, boring life.

I'm SORRY!! :waah:

But, as I KNEW would happen, everything in here just sailed along swimmingly. You guys ROCK!

And now, it looks like we have a new member!!

Welcome Slipstitch!! I just need you to send me a private message, and let me know your mailing address so I can find a place for you with our shawls!

(To send me a private message, just click my photo, then look for the button that says, "Send a private message".)

Also, we have a bit of bad news. RiverDaughter will not be able to finish up the Misty Blues Shawl, because of another commitment. So, we'll wait to see if the shawl appears through the mail. (Any word yet?) If it's lost forever, we'll just start that one all over again. :shrug:

lissalue
06-30-2007, 09:55 AM
If it turns up, or not, and you need me, I am willing to take her slot. But see if any new shawl knitters want it first.

Shandeh
06-30-2007, 09:22 PM
If it turns up, or not, and you need me, I am willing to take her slot. But see if any new shawl knitters want it first.
Thanks Melissa, but I'm thinking that Slipstitch will be working on it since she just signed up.

Shandeh
06-30-2007, 09:47 PM
I arrived at the yarn store with the shawl, so I could match up colors, and the lady there asked me what the shawl was for, and when I told her, she said that she had a bag full of charity yarn in the back, and I could look through it if I wanted, and see if I found something that I liked. And so... I was able to find some Cascade Key Largo yarn, in a very pretty blue-green color that matches up with the blues and greens in the shawl quite nicely! :cheering:And it was free! It's 65% Pima Cotton, and 35% Superfine Alpaca, and is really soft! :cheering:

Mariblue, I know it's been a LONG time since you posted this, but I wanted to ask you to be sure to tell the lady at the yarn shop that we said, "THANK YOU!!!" Isn't it awesome when you see love in action? :heart:

Mariblue
06-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Mariblue, I know it's been a LONG time since you posted this, but I wanted to ask you to be sure to tell the lady at the yarn shop that we said, "THANK YOU!!!" Isn't it awesome when you see love in action? :heart:
Oh, I will!:hug:

Shandeh
06-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Heads up, Oddball Shawl Knitters!! :)

There are a few things I need, in order to update our blog:

Carmabelle, I need the yarn you're using for the shawl, and a new photo for the Earthtones Shawl.

Snowbear and jjminarcik, I need the yarns you used, and new photos for the Worsted Weight Shawl!

jhelanee, how are things going with the Pretty Purples Shawl?

PixieKnits, are you finished with the Candy Shop Shawl yet?

Jenelle, did you have time to do your part on the Summer Shades Shawl?

As for our Misty Blues Shawl, I think we're going to have to let it die peacefully. :verysad:

SO, that means we have to START OVER on the shawl. Since RiverDaughter can no longer participate, here is the updated list for that shawl:

kellycarr05
losnana
ElenTikvah
Teeka
SlipStitch
GennyLynn1962
SlipStitch
Teeka
ElenTikvah
losnana
kellycarr05

Kellycarr05, you can start another one now!

Just use a very pretty DK yarn in your stash, and cast on 3 stitches. Repeat the following on every row:
K1, YO, knit remaining stitches.

Sanibelle
07-02-2007, 02:27 PM
*a knock is heard...* bear walks to door.. no one there.. growls... it's raining..

Bear goes to mailbox.. note inside.. package on back porch... bear goes back to apartment, goes to back porch, finds package.
hmmmm looks familar.

*opens package carefully..

takes out shawl.. snuggles.. and relaxes and knits.....:hug:

Yeah Snowbear has the shawl - I get it next :cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering:

I can't wait to see it again!

How are you feeling Snowbear????????

Shandeh
07-05-2007, 08:05 AM
How are all the shawls doing?

Updates please!! :pray:

snephenie
07-05-2007, 08:30 PM
I think earthtones should be headed my soon right? I think....

Mariblue
07-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I think earthtones should be headed my soon right? I think....
I haven't received it from Carmabelle yet. But when I do, then I'll send it on to you as soon as I can. :hug:

snowbear
07-05-2007, 10:42 PM
OK..Finished... who do I send mine to?

(knitting is the easy part, remembering what to do next is the hard part, lol)

I've tried to take pictures.. just don't ask... the cat & the camera let's just say had an accident....*shudders...

jhelanee
07-06-2007, 12:54 AM
I'm (finally) done with my part of the "Pretty Purples" shawl. My section didn't turn out as nice and drapy as the rest of it because I forgot what needle size had been recommended and used smaller ones. :verysad: Oh well. I'll take pictures and hopefully get it in the mail tomorrow (Friday).

~Jennifer

Jenelle
07-06-2007, 01:30 PM
At the moment, I have the summer shades shawl, and I'm almost done with my portion.

I've been busy, and I'm sorry that it's overdue! :muah:

Shandeh
07-08-2007, 06:17 PM
I haven't received it from Carmabelle yet. But when I do, then I'll send it on to you as soon as I can. :hug:
Hey Carmabelle! Finished with the shawl? We have two knitters chompin at the bit to do their part!

OK..Finished... who do I send mine to?
Snowbear, the Worsted Weight shawl will go to Sanibelle next. I'm waiting to hear from her to see if she's ready for it to be mailed to her. :wink:

I'm (finally) done with my part of the "Pretty Purples" shawl. My section didn't turn out as nice and drapy as the rest of it because I forgot what needle size had been recommended and used smaller ones. :verysad: Oh well. I'll take pictures and hopefully get it in the mail tomorrow (Friday).
~Jennifer
Poor Jhelanee!!! I'm next on the Pretty Purples Shawl, so mail it to me! :cheering: (I'll PM my address)

At the moment, I have the summer shades shawl, and I'm almost done with my portion. I've been busy, and I'm sorry that it's overdue! :muah:
Get to work, girl! :teehee: jjminarcik will be knitting after you.

Sanibelle
07-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi Shandeh -

I PM's you. I am ready to knit as soon as it gets here.

Abbily
07-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Hey shawl girls,
I've been away for a while- my grandma passed away and I've been rather busy with all the things involved with that... I dont' know how far back I need to read to catch up on this thread, so if I missed anything important that I need to do or answer, would someone please let me know? Thanks. :)

Carey

Abbily
07-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Sandy, I just saw your post about sending the shawls back to the same knitters in reverse order, and just wanted to say I think that's a lovely idea! :)

GennyLynn1962
07-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Shandeh, I got your PM, I'm ready!

Mariblue
07-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Hey shawl girls,
I've been away for a while- my grandma passed away and I've been rather busy with all the things involved with that... I dont' know how far back I need to read to catch up on this thread, so if I missed anything important that I need to do or answer, would someone please let me know? Thanks. :)

Carey
:hug:Abbily, I'm sorry for the loss of your grandma. :hug:

PixieKnits
07-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Im ready to send it on Sandy!!

Shandeh
07-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi Shandeh -
I PM's you. I am ready to knit as soon as it gets here.
Cool! I sent your address to Snowbear, so it should be on its way soon. :wink:

Sandy, I just saw your post about sending the shawls back to the same knitters in reverse order, and just wanted to say I think that's a lovely idea! :)
I'm so glad you're okay with it! :hug:

Shandeh, I got your PM, I'm ready!
Hmmm :think: I can't see where I contacted you, Genny. Odd. I've got you down for the Summer Shades Shawl and the Misty Blues Shawl. jjminarcik and Teeka have to knit before you on the Summer shawl, and there are 5 knitters before you on the Misty Blues. Oh well. We'll just let it go. I guess I goofed. :roll:

Im ready to send it on Sandy!!
Cool. I'll check with the next knitter to see if she's ready.

snowbear
07-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I really think Shandeh should be running the country.. she'd have everything organized.. and still be knitting for charity..

& if a mistake did happen.. it wouldn't be major...

We love you Shandeh.. and you inspire me to the max!:muah:

kellycarr05
07-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Since the "Misty Blues"shawl has sadly disappeared, I have created a new one to replace it.It is finished and here is it's first pic!!!!:cheering: I call it "Summer Sunshine Shawl". I hope it cheers up the receiver with its bright colors and warm feeling!!The picture doesn't do it justice. It is a pretty bright yellow. I will have the type of yarn and offical color posted Thursday.
Thanks
--kelly Carr:happydance::knitting:

losnana
07-11-2007, 06:08 AM
Pretty, pretty. I can't wait to get it. What other colors do you have in mind; different shades of yellow, summery greens or something else?

GennyLynn1962
07-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Hmmm :think: I can't see where I contacted you, Genny. Odd. I've got you down for the Summer Shades Shawl and the Misty Blues Shawl. jjminarcik and Teeka have to knit before you on the Summer shawl, and there are 5 knitters before you on the Misty Blues. Oh well. We'll just let it go. I guess I goofed. :roll:

Shandeh-
I don't think you goofed, your pm was about the misty blue shawl. I'm in no hurry, I just wanted to let you know I'm ready whenever.

A note about the USPS...
I know the Misty Blue Shawl went missing somewhere :pout: Well, yesterday I received a wedding gift from an Aunt, she received the wedding invitation on the day of the wedding, I mailed it several weeks before the wedding. (It only had to travel 45 miles). :shrug:

Shandeh
07-11-2007, 10:12 AM
I really think Shandeh should be running the country...We love you Shandeh.. and you inspire me to the max!
Awww! :waah: <--- (Tears of Joy)
You're so sweet to me! :muah:

Since the "Misty Blues"shawl has sadly disappeared, I have created a new one to replace it.
Yay! Thanks Kelly!!! :hug:

Shandeh- I don't think you goofed, your pm was about the misty blue shawl. I'm in no hurry, I just wanted to let you know I'm ready whenever.
OK....now it makes sense to me! :thumbsup:
By the way, if our Misty Blues Shawl ever turns up, we'll just keep knitting on it! We'll open the door for new knitters if that day ever comes.

Shandeh
07-11-2007, 10:48 AM
I just updated our Shawl Blog:
http://oddballshawls.blogspot.com/

As you can see, it needs work!!!

I need yarn details, and new photos for some of the shawls.
Can I get some help from those of you who have a shawl in your possession?

Thanks! :muah:

Kellycarr05, I've named your shawl the "Sunshine Shawl", because we already have a "Summer Shades Shawl". I didn't want to cause confusion with those two.

Shandeh
07-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Me again... :waving:
Is everyone sick of reading my posts? :pout:

I was just sitting here, working on the forum, when the doorbell rang. I thought, "Hmmmm....wonder who that is?"

It was a package for me!! The "Pretty Purples" shawl is back, and jhelanee included such a nice set of tea items! :happydance:

Some DELICIOUS MarketSpice Tea, in the flavor "Cinnamon-Orange" :inlove:, some tea bag tongs, and a cute little tea bag rest that says "Creativi-Tea". :) She also included an information sheet that tells all about tea. I love it! :heart:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1333/776503451_81153275e8.jpg

Mariblue
07-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Shandeh, that's really nice!

GennyLynn1962
07-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Yummers!!!

I've never seen tea bag tongs before. :oops:

losnana
07-11-2007, 07:52 PM
I use mine every day. They're great!

Dangles
07-13-2007, 01:53 AM
Me again... :waving:
Is everyone sick of reading my posts? :pout:

Of course not. We all :heart: you! Thanks for being such an inspiration :muah::hug:

snowbear
07-13-2007, 04:09 PM
I mailed the beautiful shawl last Saturday. I was soo proud.

Yesterday I recieved a package.. In my state I thought finally I was getting my package from my swapper.. (2 weeks past due)

I had mailed the package to myself.. Put my name as TO.. and her name as from!

Please don't shoot me.. I resent today Priority. I'm soo sorry.

I'm heading out to the hospital.. Today has been very bad.. I was turned down for a job I've been waiting on for 2 months. It was part-time & was perfect.. so of course I didn't get it..

Sorry.. just upset ... ignore that..

Take care.. I'll talk to you guys after the surgery.

threesmom
07-13-2007, 05:12 PM
:hug:Good luck with the surgery Snowbear - I hope your luck turns soon! And at this point, I'm thinking maybe I'll be your stand-in secret swapper! Hopefully tomorrow will be your lucky day!:hug:

PixieKnits
07-13-2007, 05:58 PM
I sent my shawl today! :) Hope you receive it soon Sandy! I don't see why you wouldn't since you're in the same state!

Shandeh
07-13-2007, 08:46 PM
.......mailed the package to myself.. Put my name as TO.. and her name as from! Please don't shoot me.. I resent today Priority. I'm soo sorry.

I'm heading out to the hospital.. Today has been very bad.. I was turned down for a job I've been waiting on for 2 months. It was part-time & was perfect.. so of course I didn't get it..
Poor snowbear! :pout:
Things have GOT to get better for you soon!! :help:

I sent my shawl today! :) Hope you receive it soon Sandy! I don't see why you wouldn't since you're in the same state!
Yay!!! I'm so excited!!! :cheering:

Doodknitwit
07-13-2007, 09:01 PM
seeing you recuped & ready to rumble.. :star:

snowbear
07-13-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm at the hospital...lol they don't know I"m out of my room. The IV is finished.. but they left the deal in so they can reconnect it tomorrow w/out restarting it.

I found a Dr. who took pity on me and let me play on the internet.. He stated I had 20 min,, then would rat on me... He's covering me until then, lol

thanks for all the well wishes.. my Dr came in.. tried to be funny.. and stated the surgeon would be in later.. then.. the surgeon came in.. nice talk.. and saw me knitting.. I explained about the baby blankets and he was really impressed. I adv that I was giving to the Children's hospital..

He took out his wallet, gave me a $50.00 bill and told me to knit some more...I started balling.. He hugged me and said He was going to give me a sleeping pill early and to finish up..

I've about 3 minutes left.. so I'll hurry..

I can't belive he did that.. I'm still crying..

Hugs to all... I'll type something when I'm home...

Thanks for being you guys!

Doodknitwit
07-13-2007, 09:34 PM
how great!! a Dr with a heart and soul... perfect.
take care sending you hugs......

Mariblue
07-13-2007, 10:37 PM
.. then.. the surgeon came in.. nice talk.. and saw me knitting.. I explained about the baby blankets and he was really impressed. I adv that I was giving to the Children's hospital..
He took out his wallet, gave me a $50.00 bill and told me to knit some more...I started balling.. He hugged me and said He was going to give me a sleeping pill early and to finish up..

:hug:snowbear:hug:That's wonderful, thanks for sharing that. :hug:

Dangles
07-14-2007, 12:13 AM
thanks for all the well wishes.. my Dr came in.. tried to be funny.. and stated the surgeon would be in later.. then.. the surgeon came in.. nice talk.. and saw me knitting.. I explained about the baby blankets and he was really impressed. I adv that I was giving to the Children's hospital..

Thanks for the great story. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over that some people still have soft spots. :hug:

jjminarcik
07-14-2007, 01:35 AM
:heart: :heart: That is soooo awesome! It's so nice to see good people like that in the world!!! :heart: :heart:

:hug::hug:Snowbear! Get well soon!

PS - Tell your dr we all think he is awesome! And thank you for supporting our baby-blanket charity! :clink:

jeanius80
07-14-2007, 01:39 AM
glad you have such wonderful people working to make you better!

threesmom
07-14-2007, 08:39 AM
Wow - a good doctor who's also a great person! Thanks for sharing that - I love when the goodness in people shines through! :heart:

Good luck to you Snowbear - feel better soon!:hug:

snowbear
07-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi... quick note.. I'm home... Surgery lasted 15 minutes... recovery, 30minutes... and ride home 10 minutes.

I'm ok.. swollen... but on pain meds...

Going to bed... Hugs

Doodknitwit
07-14-2007, 09:53 AM
praise God!!! rest relax and feel the healing of your energy!!!!

debinoz
07-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Glad your surgery went well, hope your recovery goes as smooth. I teared up when I read about your nice dr. They are hard to find these days.

PixieKnits
07-14-2007, 12:04 PM
glad you're doing well snowbear, get better quickly!

GennyLynn1962
07-14-2007, 12:24 PM
:hug::hug::hug:

Hope you are feeling better soon!

losnana
07-16-2007, 12:03 PM
I just received the "Sunshine Shawl" Very very pretty KIelly. Along with it came some lovely yarn and chocolate. I'll post a pix when I get home tonight, or toorrow, since my knitting group is tonight. The journal is written in 1s person, from the perspective of the shawl. What a cute idea. I'll pick out yarn tonight and start knitting away. I'm so glad the postman didn't eat this one!

Shandeh
07-16-2007, 02:09 PM
It looks like the ball is rolling on the shawls again! :)

Today, I received the "Candy Shop Shawl" from PixieKnits. :wink:

snephenie
07-16-2007, 04:58 PM
I've been away...is the earthtones heading my way soon?

Mariblue
07-16-2007, 05:20 PM
I've been away...is the earthtones heading my way soon?
Hi Snephenie, I've been told that it's on the way in the mail to me, so as soon as I get it, I'll let you know. :hug:

snephenie
07-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Yay!! :)

Shandeh
07-17-2007, 06:42 AM
Today, I made some changes to our list of knitters. A couple knitters have told me they can only work on their shawl one time, so I've moved some people here and there.

Please read the list closely, and let me know if you cannot knit where I have placed you!

Earthtones Shawl
Shandeh - NC
MaryB - IL
beckyrhae - TX
snephenie - CA
Mariblue - ID
carmabelle1191 - NJ
Mariblue - ID
snephenie - CA
beckyrhae - TX
MaryB - IL
Shandeh - NC

Worsted Weight Shawl
rennfamily - MD
bobi1218 - MD
lissalue - NC
Sanibelle - NY
snowbear - MO
jjminarcik - TX
snowbear - MO
Sanibelle - NY
lissalue - NC
bobi1218 - MD
rennfamily - MD

Pretty Purples Shawl
Abbily - TX
jeanius80 - WA
threesmom - NJ
stagebear - PA
Shandeh - NC
jhelanee - WA
Shandeh - NC
stagebear - PA
threesmom - NJ
jeanius80 - WA
Abbily - TX

Candy Shop Shawl
PaperGirl - TX
mintdee - NE
PixieKnits - NC
Shandeh - NC
snowbear - MO
jhelanee - WA
threesmom - NJ
GennyLynn1962 - KY
jhelanee - WA
mintdee - NE
PaperGirl - TX

Summer Shades Shawl
Dangles - Canada
MommaG - Canada
Jenelle - PA
jjminarcik - TX
Teeka - CA
rennfamily - MD
Teeka - CA
jjminarcik - TX
Abbily - TX
MommaG - Canada
Dangles - Canada

Sunshine Shawl
kellycarr05 - TX
losnana - VA
ElenTikvah - WI
Teeka - CA
lissalue - NC
GennyLynn1962 - KY
lissalue - NC
Teeka - CA
ElenTikvah - WI
losnana - VA
kellycarr05 - TX

jeanius80
07-17-2007, 02:20 PM
looks good! i can't wait to see the pretty purples shawl again!

Dangles
07-17-2007, 04:31 PM
I wonder where the "SSS" is :think: :??

threesmom
07-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Looks good to me too - I can't wait to get one again!

losnana
07-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Looks fine to me.

stagebear
07-17-2007, 11:25 PM
i'm ready for the pretty purples anytime!

GennyLynn1962
07-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Looks good to me, I'm ready anytime!

snowbear
07-18-2007, 09:40 PM
wow.. that means i'm next on the candy shop shawl...That will be awesome. Lynn will drive me to pick out the yarn.

* dreaming of a candy shop.. okk... soo not fair.. there's no chocolate in the house & it's too hot to cook or bake, lol

losnana
07-19-2007, 08:49 PM
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p5/losnana/P7190001.jpg

Shandeh
07-20-2007, 12:11 AM
I wonder where the "SSS" is :think: :??
Jenelle just finished her part, and is mailing it out now.

i'm ready for the pretty purples anytime!
Yay! I'm almost finished working on it, so I'll probably mail it Saturday or Monday.

Shandeh
07-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Yay! I just finished my part of the Pretty Purples shawl, and it's all boxed up and ready to go to stagebear. :hug:

I did forget one thing, though.... :(
I forgot to take a picture of it!
:waah:

And, a couple minutes ago, I realized that I also forgot to weave in all my loose ends. I'm a BAD SHANDEH!!!

Oh well.....at least I finished my KNITTING, and it's ready to mail to stagebear. I'm sure someone will weave in the ends eventually. I got a shawl once, that had LOTS of ends to weave in, and I worked on them all. So, I guess that makes up for it. :shrug:

I also just finished working on the "Candy Shop" shawl, and got a photo of that one! :thumbsup:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1050/860264015_30ae38a237.jpg

I used SWTC Bamboo in black to represent licorice.
Then I used Universal Yarn "Bella DK" (http://www.universalyarn.com/yarn.php?id=9) and Moda Dea "Dream" in white, to represent cream filling!
As soon as I weave in the ends, I'll box it up for Snowbear. :)

Shandeh
07-20-2007, 05:20 PM
losnana, what yarn did you use on the Sunshine Shawl?

stagebear
07-20-2007, 05:22 PM
yay - the pretty purples is on it's way back!
(are you confused with the two bears you have to send packages to? lol)

i think it was the purples shawl that had all the ends. i'll take care of yours for you, and snap some pics.

snowbear
07-20-2007, 05:36 PM
I can't wait to get the shawl.. now I have a legitimate excuse to buy yarn, lol as if I really need one..lol

snowbear...stagebear...lol

maybe I can get Lynn to register as Newbear,, lol

losnana
07-20-2007, 07:27 PM
I used sport weight Utopia, (100% acrylic) . The color is Partie, I thin, Kelly thinks she used DK weight Encore (75% acryic, 25% wool).

Shandeh
07-20-2007, 09:21 PM
You guys will NEVER believe what I did AGAIN!

I sealed up the box to Snowbear, without weaving in the ends of the shawl! :doh:

I get the Doofus award today! :roflhard:

Stagebear, I included my size 8 Boye Interchangeable needle on the Pretty Purples shawl, because it's getting too big to put on a thread now. So please let everyone know that the needle needs to come back to me.

Also, while you're knitting with it, be sure to tighten the needles at the beginning of each row, so they don't come loose.

Snowbear, I included a regular circular needle with the Candy Shop Shawl. That one needs to come back to me too. (I included some goodies for you and Lynn!) :hug:

losnana
07-20-2007, 09:30 PM
The Boye size 8 circs with the Sunshine Shawl need to come back to me. I have Kelly's straights, which I'll send back to her when the shawl makes its return trip, unless she wants me to send them now. That I can easily do. Just let me know.

snephenie
07-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Did Mariblue ever get the Earthtones shawl yet?

Mariblue
07-24-2007, 08:53 PM
That's so funny Snephenie, I only just found it on my doorstep! I'll take a picture of it tomorrow. And I'll let you know as soon as I'm finished. It'll probably only take a week before I send it out. :hug:

snephenie
07-24-2007, 08:58 PM
YAY!!! I know I'm silly it just seems like it's been forever, and I went over the posts and it hasn't even been close to forever!

LOL

Susan P.
07-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Hi.. I've only recently come to this thread.. I was a'thinkin..wouldn't it save $ in posting things back if the group who were making the project just bought a couple of sets of needles between you all..and then they would just do the 'rounds' and no-one would have to post things back as such..?? Maybe I'm missing something as I'm sure you've thought of this. :?? I guess the only thing is..the person who wound up last on a project would then be first on the next one.. ok..maybe my thought isn't so practical after all. I suspect we aussies are thinking of doing similarly so just trying to think the practicals through.

lissalue
07-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi.. I've only recently come to this thread.. I was a'thinkin..wouldn't it save $ in posting things back if the group who were making the project just bought a couple of sets of needles between you all..and then they would just do the 'rounds' and no-one would have to post things back as such..?? Maybe I'm missing something as I'm sure you've thought of this. :?? I guess the only thing is..the person who wound up last on a project would then be first on the next one.. ok..maybe my thought isn't so practical after all. I suspect we aussies are thinking of doing similarly so just trying to think the practicals through.

I think the reason this hasn't been considered (very good idea btw) is becasue this whole thing started with the blankets which start and end with Sandy, so nothing to mail back. and the shawls were initially intended to go on a peice of scrap yarn for mailing, so nothing to mail back either. then, they got to the point where that was too much hassle, and so someone just left their needle in. also, these are now also going back to their original kniotters, so, leaving on set of needles in from the start would have worked, but this idea also developed over time, so it was not planned for.

this is something to keep in mind for possible future projects though. thanks!

snowbear
07-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Shandeh,

You are spoiling us! Thank you so much for including both of us.. We've lived alone for quite a while.. so it does seem kinda funny being "2", but it has it's perks, someone else to giggle at when one does the wrong stitch.. or wants to throw a project across the room, lol

Don't worry.. I'm an old hat at weaving ends.. won't take a sec...

Big Bear huggles your way!

Susan P.
07-24-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks lissalue.. I admit I would have found the spare yarn a hassle and would have LOVED the needle in the work :)

PaperGirl
07-25-2007, 06:25 PM
THey are looking GREAT!

Shandeh
07-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Hello, my friends! :hug:

Thank you, lissalue....for explaining our situation with the needles so well! :)

I just realized that I forgot to post confirmation numbers for the Priority Mail packages I sent to Snowbear and Stagebear.

Snowbear: 0305 2200 0001 0471 3947

Stagebear: 0305 2200 0001 0471 3930

I can't BEAR to talk about it any longer. :teehee:

stagebear
07-26-2007, 01:33 PM
i had a wonderful alarm clock this morning - the mailman with the pretty purples shawl!

the shawl is absolutely beautiful! Shandeh also sent some chai tea and a book for me - i can't wait to get to those.

Shandeh
07-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Yay! I'm so glad you got it!
:cheering:

I'm so glad you took a photo of the shawl. I wanted to do it, and completely forgot. :doh:

stagebear
07-26-2007, 01:46 PM
no worries - i had to take pics of another wip this morning too. no i'm weaving in all the ends - i forgot how many there were we you use a lot of different yarns :shock:. oh well, it's a good challenge.

threesmom
07-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Stagebear - if you want to leave some for me to weave in, you can, I don't mind doing it. I get it next right? I actually meant to weave some in last time I had it, but packed it up before I remembered.

snowbear
07-26-2007, 04:30 PM
The candy shop shawl arrived! It is awesome!.. I'm thinking of either pepermint or fudge w/ nuts.....

The extras.. are soo wonderful.. some yarn & my own collection of needles... Now I have some of my own!( the color is perfect!)

Snowbear says thanks soo much for the dishcloth patterns & the wonderful cotton! Her favorite colors!

Shandeh- you rock girl! Thanks :notworthy:

stagebear
07-26-2007, 05:18 PM
threesmom - i was so excited to get it and pass it on last time, i forgot until it was packaged too. i'm slowly working on the shawl and the ends - they're really not that bad, but i usually knit in my ends while knitting the row so i usually only have one end to weve in when i'm done.
and, yes, you are next!

i decided to double-strand this section since there's more weight to pull on it, but i'm not too sure about it. it's thicker than the rest of the shawl. maybe i'll do part double and part single. any thoughts?

Shandeh
07-26-2007, 09:14 PM
The candy shop shawl arrived!
Shandeh- you rock girl! Thanks :notworthy:

Yay! I'm so glad it got there in one piece! :)
I hope you enjoy the knitting goodies!

i decided to double-strand this section since there's more weight to pull on it, but i'm not too sure about it. it's thicker than the rest of the shawl. maybe i'll do part double and part single. any thoughts?

Well, I've never done that myself. I've always kept it all the same throughout. :think: