PDA

View Full Version : Oddball CARE Shawls (Triangle)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

luvmykid28
06-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Farmgirl,
You can send it my way. I am ready.

farmgirl
06-26-2009, 09:26 PM
I still have your address but I probably won't get it to the post office until Monday. The shawl is really pretty and soooo soft!

luvmykid28
06-26-2009, 10:07 PM
I still have your address but I probably won't get it to the post office until Monday. The shawl is really pretty and soooo soft!

No problem. I can't wait to see/feel it.

Shandeh
06-27-2009, 02:45 AM
Thank you both! :hug:
Farmgirl, remember to get delivery confirmation when sending the package. We don't want to lose our precious knitting!

Have a good weekend, everyone.

By the way, I'm FINALLY going to be mailing out packages on Monday. I had no money last week, but this week, I was able to teach several piano lessons, so now I can afford to go to the post office!
:woohoo:

MaryB
06-27-2009, 11:45 PM
I mailed two shawls to Sandy yesterday---Blue Skies and Misty Greys are on their way.:woot:
Confirmation #0308 0660 0000 1794 3630

luvmykid28
07-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Sandy,
I got Cotton Fields and Pink Passion in the mail yesterday. I also found some lovely yarn in the box too. Thank you very much for your kindness. I look forward to finding the perfect pattern for it. I will let you know when I am ready to send it to the next person.:knitting: :knitting: :knitting: Happy 4th of July!!!
Lisa

MaryB
07-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Ocean Fantasy Shawl arrived yesterday along with some beautiful sock yarn . Thanks, Sandy!:muah: I love knitting socks!

Nanaof6
07-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Here you all are! I just stumbled across this thread and realized I posted my thank you for my beautiful
"Magic" shawl in the wrong thread. I posted a "Thank You" right when I got it , sorry I posted it in the wrong thread.

My husband had his second Kidney surgery on June 25th , he's home now and recovering well. I took my "Magic" shawl with me to the clinic because I know how cold it can be in there and I was glad I did. I thought about the love that went into making my Shawl and thought of each of you that had a hand in making it for me. Thank you all.

We are now waiting for the pathology test to find out if it was Cancer or Benign, the first surgery test came back Benign:woot: so we are prayer this one will too.

I would love to join your OddBall shawl knitting group if you'll have me. I would love to share the feeling I got from you all when I received my shawl.

Nana,

Shandeh
07-02-2009, 01:32 PM
This week, I received the "Misty Greys" and the "Blue Skies" shawls from MaryB, along with a gift to help with postage!
:muah:
Thank you SO much, MaryB. Your gift came at the perfect time, just as I was walking out the door to the post office. I was sending out lots of Oddball Shawls and Oddball Blankets, and the total at the post office came to over 40 bucks!
:thud:

Shandeh
07-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Here you all are! I just stumbled across this thread and realized I posted my thank you for my beautiful "Magic" shawl...........

I would love to join your OddBall shawl knitting group if you'll have me. I would love to share the feeling I got from you all when I received my shawl. Nana

Hi Nana! :waving:
Thank you for your kind message. We are so glad you like your shawl! :)

And we'd be so pleased to have you join our little group of shawl knitters. :hug: Right now, there are 8 of us. (Believe it or not, at one time, we had over 30 knitters involved in the project!)

We'll be starting some new shawls in a couple weeks. We've decided to try making some rectangle shawls for a while, because we already have plenty of triangle shawls in progress.

The rectangle shawls will be knit lengthwise (200 stitches each row), and we should change colors after each inch. So, the finished shawls will be pretty and colorful, with equal sections of color throughout. I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out!

I'll be casting on 3 rectangle shawls next week, using neutral colors. They should work well while we are learning how to make rectangles together. Once again, we will just be knitting every row, to keep it simple. Just be sure to knit an EVEN number of rows, so the color changes will be consistent throughout.

Here are the names of the shawls:
"Mocha Dream" - brown yarns
"Pure & Natural" - beige and brown 100% WOOL yarns
"Forest Walk" - green, brown, beige, grey, and black yarns

I think we'll use worsted weight yarns on these three, just to continue our "new style" vein. :wink: Plus, they will be nice and warm for our Fall and Winter recipients.

I'll need about 4 or 5 knitters on each shawls, so let me know now which one(s) you would like to join! :)

luvmykid28
07-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Please put me on the list for Pure & Natural. I have 2 questions:
Is alpaca considered wool? Can I hold a DK yarn doubled to make worsted?

I hope I don't sound too ignorant. I'm kinda new to animal fibers, so I'm not always sure. :think:

MaryB
07-02-2009, 02:13 PM
I will be happy to work on any of the shawls. All the colors sound wonderful.:knitting:

Nanaof6
07-02-2009, 03:26 PM
I'd like to be apart of the "Forest Walk"

But I only have in my yarn stash right now 100% acrylic , and I have green, brown, beige,and a variegated yarn ,'forest medley'of dark green,lighter green, dark brown, tan, and it has an dark orange color in it, I made my Einstein Coat out of this, I posted a picture of it on here in my blog, take a look at it . Will 100% acrylic work?

I'm a fairly new knitter but as long as it doesn't get to complicated I am sure I can do it.

How does this all work? Do you email us the next knitters home address ?

Mulderknitter
07-02-2009, 06:47 PM
If you want to enable and send me to the yarn store, go ahead and put me on whichever you need me on. Garter stitch is nice meditative knitting for me (why I like my snuggle group so much!) :yay:

Shandeh
07-03-2009, 05:11 AM
Thanks ladies! :hug:
I'll post a list of knitters for each shawl very soon.

.....Is alpaca considered wool?
Yes...alpaca is wool. Wool just means animal fiber. Some wool is thinner than others (like rabbit or goat fiber). The wool we need for this shawl should come from sheep, alpaca, or llama. Most wool you find in yarn stores comes from sheep. :wink:
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/lineofsheep.gif

Can I hold a DK yarn doubled to make worsted?
DK held double is a little thicker than worsted, but I think it will work just fine for our shawl. :)

.........I only have in my yarn stash right now 100% acrylic........Will 100% acrylic work?
No, we need to use really NICE yarn for the shawls. Don't worry, I have PLENTY of nice yarn that has been donated for our shawls. (My cousin owns a yarn shop.) So, I'll be more than happy to send you some yarn to use when you work on them. :thumbsup:

I'm a fairly new knitter but as long as it doesn't get to complicated I am sure I can do it.
It will be super easy, my friend. We just knit every row. The only thing to watch for is to always change colors on the same side. That makes the color changes look nice. So, all the loose ends will be hanging on one end of the shawl.

How does this all work? Do you email us the next knitters home address ?
When you finish knitting your section, just send me a private message here in the forum. I'll check with the next knitter, and send you their mailing address. When we send our packages, we always get delivery confirmation (80 cents). This way, we can check on line to see when it was delivered.

I keep a spreadsheet, listing everyone's names and addresses. I also keep a list that shows where all the shawls are currently located. It's best this way, so we don't lose any of our shawls.
By the way, here is our blog: http://oddballshawls.blogspot.com/

If you want to enable and send me to the yarn store, go ahead and put me on whichever you need me on. Garter stitch is nice meditative knitting for me (why I like my snuggle group so much!) :yay:
:hug: Thanks Susan! Also, if you ever need yarn for our shawls, and you can't afford to buy it....just let me know.

Shandeh
07-03-2009, 05:20 AM
One more thing......

Since Nana of 6 asked about acrylic yarn, it got me thinking.

One time, I wanted to send a shawl to someone here in the forum that was going through a difficult time. But, she was allergic to wool. So, I had to figure something out on my own. (I'm still working on it, as a matter of fact.)

So, maybe we SHOULD make a few acrylic shawls, just in case.

I'll cast on a few for our next round. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
07-03-2009, 05:49 AM
Okey dokey....here's the list.

By the way, I decided to change the "Mocha Dream" shawl to a blue shawl instead. I realized that I had brown in every shawl. That was just too much brown! :teehee: The blue shawl will be called "Blue Heaven". :heart:

So, here's what I have right now:

Blue Heaven - blue yarns
Shandeh
MaryB

Pure & Natural - beige, natural, brown, all wool
Shandeh
luvmykid28
Mulderknitter

Forest Walk - green, brown, beige, grey, black
Shandeh
Nana of 6
MaryB

sgtpam
07-03-2009, 09:01 AM
One more thing......

One time, I wanted to send a shawl to someone here in the forum that was going through a difficult time. But, she was allergic to wool. So, I had to figure something out on my own. (I'm still working on it, as a matter of fact.)

I have some Caron Simply Soft if that will work for this one. Bright Orange and Yellow as well as 2 pinks and a grey-blue.

If any of those will work with what you decide to start this one with, you can add me to it.:hug:

Shandeh
07-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks Pam! :)
Caron Simply Soft would work well for the acrylic shawls.
I'll let you know when we cast them on. We'll probably only do three shawls in acrylic, just to have on hand for people with allergies.

pinnut3200
07-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Okey dokey....here's the list.

Blue Heaven - blue yarns
Shandeh
MaryB

Shandeh
luvmykid28
Mulderknitter

Shandeh
Nana of 6
MaryB

Add me to all three shawls if you need more knitters. I can only do one section on each though instead of the usual two.

Mulderknitter
07-03-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm glad you decided to add a few acrylic to the mix. Nice acrylic mind you, but Caron simply soft is readily available to most knitters and is pretty darn cheap. There are also a few other major companies that make a nice soft acrylic in several weights, I appreciate the variety!

Nanaof6
07-03-2009, 06:09 PM
NICE[/U] yarn for the shawls. Don't worry, I have PLENTY of nice yarn that has been donated for our shawls. (My cousin owns a yarn shop.) So, I'll be more than happy to send you some yarn to use when you work on them. :thumbsup:

I really appreciate your offer but I am more then willing to get what ever yarn is needed. I just was hoping to find a use for some of my acrylic yarn.

I am just proud to be apart of your group. :woot:

With my DH having Cancer I know how good it felt when I received my shawl . This is a Great Cause!

Nanaof6
07-03-2009, 06:16 PM
One more thing......

Well add me to that list too! I have tons of it .

In colors of :

Dark brown
White
Cream
Pink
Dark Blue
Tan
Variegated Forest Medly (dr,green,brown,tan,beige,dr orange
Gold
Med,green(pea soupish)
Yellow

farmgirl
07-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Welcome, Nanaof6!:hug: I am only Nana to 1, but he is very busy and sometimes it seems like there are 6 of him:teehee:

Sandy, I would really like to help on Blue Heaven and Pure and Natural if you still need knitters. Midnight Passion went out to Luvmykid28 Thursday (with delivery confirmation). The postmistress said it should arrive Monday or so. I don't have the slip here handy but do let me know if you need the tracking numbers. I am so excited about the new shawls:cheering:

Nanaof6
07-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks Lori, I finally feel like I have a place here. It's nice to be apart of this group.

Nanaof6
07-05-2009, 07:46 PM
For the Forest Walk Shawl, what type of yarn do you recommend. I LOVE having a reason to go to my LYS!!

How will I know what color to buy?

Mulderknitter
07-05-2009, 07:50 PM
For the Forest Walk Shawl, what type of yarn do you recommend. I LOVE having a reason to go to my LYS!!

How will I know what color to buy?
From my own experience, a lot of people wait until they get the blanket/shawl in the mail to take it to their lys and match colors. That's what I usually do!

threesmom
07-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Wow! You don't check in for a while, and there are a whole new slew of shawls ... in exciting new shapes! Sandy, you can sign me up anywhere you need a knitter - I've got blue and and green for sure, and neutrals too, most likely. Animal and acrylic, but most of my acrylic is baby colored for the oddball baby blankets ...

And I got Sunbeams last week - my dh got it while I was at the shore with the kids. Thanks for the pattern book! The patterns ARE nice, and the photos are a riot :roflhard:

threesmom
07-05-2009, 08:01 PM
From my own experience, a lot of people wait until they get the blanket/shawl in the mail to take it to their lys and match colors. That's what I usually do!

Me too. I've found the times I try to plan ahead, I often get the wrong shade. I've only had it work really well with the grays and black and whites.

And welcome nanaof6! These oddball projects gave me a sense of belonging too when I first joined ... still do, truth be told;)

Nanaof6
07-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Good idea, and thanks for the warm welcomes. By the way you all can call me Nana.

Shandeh
07-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Thank you all for loving our project as much as I do!
:heart: :muah: :heart:
Add me to all three shawls if you need more knitters. I can only do one section on each though instead of the usual two.
Thanks Nancy! Rest easy...ALL of us will only be knitting once on each of our new rectangle shawls. We can change colors ourselves, and use up our bits of nice yarn. :D

I've added you to "Blue Heaven", "Pure and Natural", and "Forest Walk" as you requested. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you decided to add a few acrylic to the mix. Nice acrylic mind you, but Caron simply soft is readily available to most knitters and is pretty darn cheap. There are also a few other major companies that make a nice soft acrylic in several weights, I appreciate the variety!
I agree, Susan! We should definitely use NICE acrylic. NO SCRATCHY STUFF!! :fingerwag: We can also use blends with polyester and nylon or other man made fibers in the mix. As long as we avoid wool in those shawls, we'll be fine. Recently, I made an acrylic shawl (the secret project I was talking about earlier) It turned out nice!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2668/3693420103_4700b20fb7.jpg
For that shawl, I used all sorts of acrylic yarns, some of them vintage, and all of them soft:
(links go to my Ravelry page for these yarns)
Vintage Caron Color Perfect in Wine (http://www.ravelry.com/people/Shandeh/stash/caron-colour-perfect-2)
Bernat Satin in Crimson (http://www.ravelry.com/people/Shandeh/stash/satin-solids-5)
Vintage Caron Dazzleaire in Mulberry (http://www.ravelry.com/people/Shandeh/stash/dazzleaire-2)
Caron Simply Soft in Autumn Red (http://www.ravelry.com/people/Shandeh/stash/simply-soft-14)
Patons Glittalic in Rose Glow
Vintage Vonnel Love Knit in Red/White (http://www.ravelry.com/people/Shandeh/stash/love-knit)

I really appreciate your offer but I am more then willing to get what ever yarn is needed. I just was hoping to find a use for some of my acrylic yarn.
Thanks Nana! You might want to use some of your acrylic yarn for our Oddball Pet Snuggles. Those snuggles really eat up yarn, because you hold two strands together to make the snuggles. Mulderknitter handles those in another discussion thread, so check with her if you're interested. :)

Thanks Lori, I finally feel like I have a place here. It's nice to be a part of this group.
cloud9
Sandy, you can sign me up anywhere you need a knitter - I've got blue and and green for sure, and neutrals too, most likely. Animal and acrylic, but most of my acrylic is baby colored for the oddball baby blankets...
Thanks Beth! :hug:
I've added you to the "Blue Heaven" and "Forest Walk" for your blue and green yarns. I might add you to our "Flower Power" acrylic shawl, which will be made with bright, happy colors. Do you have any bright yellow or lime green yarn?
And I got Sunbeams last week - my dh got it while I was at the shore with the kids. Thanks for the pattern book! The patterns ARE nice, and the photos are a riot :roflhard:
:teehee: Some of those photos are GREAT!
Here's a couple examples, so everyone can share in our enjoyment:
"Surfer" Sweaters
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/61/181739492_0bf2c367b5.jpg
"Really Cool" Guys in the 60's
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/61/181739490_16e6969d61.jpg

My next post will list all our shawls, with all the knitters.

luvmykid28
07-06-2009, 05:42 PM
I received Midnight Passion today in the mail. It is really looking nice. Thanks Lori for the beautiful pink yarn. I will look thru my stash to see what I have to use on this shawl. Maybe I have a LYS trip in my future...:-P

Thank you also for the baby hat. I've added it to my "Make 1 for Morgan" collection. I will be taking all that I collect to the NICU at the hospital in early August.

Lori, did you intend to leave the yarn you used in the bag? If not I will be happy to send it back to you.

So here are the shawls I have to work on at my home right now:
1. Pink Passion (already started)
2. Cotton Fields
3. Midnight Passion

farmgirl
07-06-2009, 09:53 PM
I forgot my yarn in there. I was in a rush that morning. I'll need it to do my other part of the shawl. Sandy, can we just leave it in the bag so that Lia doesn't have to mail it back? Sorry for the inconvenience.:aww:

threesmom
07-06-2009, 10:01 PM
I have both yellow AND bright lime green acrylic yarns, so you can add me to that one too!

And I finished with Sunbeams! I used a coral color, in case I don't get a photo posted.

Shandeh
07-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Okay, here's our list of shawls right now:

TRIANGLE SHAWLS
Blossoms of Joy, Rainy Day, Angel Wings, Misty Greys, & Blue Skies
being finished by Shandeh

Pink Passion, Midnight Passion, and Cotton Fields
with luvmykid28

Purple Paradise
with Spanky51

Ocean Fantasy
with MaryB

Sunbeams
with threesmom

RECTANGLE SHAWLS - getting started soon
(Each of these shawls has room for 1 or 2 more knitters)

Blue Heaven - shades of blue
Shandeh, MaryB, pinnut3200, threesmom, farmgirl

Shandeh, luvmykid28, Mulderknitter, farmgirl, pinnut3200

Shandeh, Nanaof6, threesmom, MaryB, pinnut3200

RECTANGLE ACRYLIC SHAWLS - getting started soon

Flower Power - (Bright, Happy Colors)
Red, Orange, Lime Green, Yellow, Pink, Purple
threesmom

Starry Night - Black & Silver

Violet Haze - Dark Blues & Purples

Shandeh
07-06-2009, 10:07 PM
I forgot my yarn in there. I was in a rush that morning. I'll need it to do my other part of the shawl. Sandy, can we just leave it in the bag so that Lia doesn't have to mail it back? Sorry for the inconvenience.:aww:
Sure thing! It can stay with the shawl, to make it easy for you to add your other section later. :hug:

I have both yellow AND bright lime green acrylic yarns, so you can add me to that one too!
Cool! I've added you to the "Flower Power" shawl. :thumbsup:

luvmykid28
07-06-2009, 11:40 PM
No problem Lori, I will leave your yarn in the bag when I sent it to the next knitter.

Sandy,
Go ahead and add me to Blue Heaven, Forest Walk, Flower Power, Starry Night and Violet Haze.

I really enjoy working on these shawls and look forward to seeing the new styles.

sgtpam
07-07-2009, 12:18 AM
Okay, here's our list of shawls right now:

TRIANGLE SHAWLS
Blossoms of Joy, Rainy Day, Angel Wings, Misty Greys, & Blue Skies
being finished by Shandeh

Pink Passion, Midnight Passion, and Cotton Fields
with luvmykid28

Purple Paradise
with Spanky51

Ocean Fantasy
with MaryB

Sunbeams
with threesmom

RECTANGLE SHAWLS - getting started soon
(Each of these shawls has room for 1 or 2 more knitters)

Blue Heaven - shades of blue
Shandeh, MaryB, pinnut3200, threesmom, farmgirl

Shandeh, luvmykid28, Mulderknitter, farmgirl, pinnut3200

Shandeh, Nanaof6, threesmom, MaryB, pinnut3200

RECTANGLE ACRYLIC SHAWLS - getting started soon

Flower Power - (Bright, Happy Colors)
Red, Orange, Lime Green, Yellow, Pink, Purple
threesmom

Starry Night - Black & Silver

Violet Haze - Dark Blues & Purples

I have both orange (Mango) and yellow (Lemonade) in Caron Simply Soft...will that work for "Flower Power"?

luvmykid28
07-07-2009, 12:56 PM
I have completed my section of Pink Passion (I ran out of yarn). I will be finished with tonight. Who's next?

Shandeh
07-07-2009, 05:01 PM
......Go ahead and add me to Blue Heaven, Forest Walk, Flower Power, Starry Night and Violet Haze.

Thanks Lisa! :)
Which color do you want for the "Flower Power" shawl?
(Red, Orange, Bright Yellow, Lime Green, Hot Pink, Purple)

Shandeh
07-07-2009, 05:03 PM
I have both orange (Mango) and yellow (Lemonade) in Caron Simply Soft...will that work for "Flower Power"?
Perfect! :thumbsup: Just let me know which one you prefer to use.

I have completed my section of Pink Passion (I ran out of yarn). I will be finished with tonight. Who's next?
I'll check with the next knitter right now. :)

luvmykid28
07-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks Lisa! :)
Which color do you want for the "Flower Power" shawl?
(Red, Orange, Bright Yellow, Lime Green, Hot Pink, Purple)Red will be fine.

sgtpam
07-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Perfect! :thumbsup: Just let me know which one you prefer to use.

I'll check with the next knitter right now. :)

It really doesn't matter. I have a full skein of each of them without a project to their name; so, just let me know

farmgirl
07-07-2009, 10:38 PM
I would like to knit on Starry Night and Violet Haze, please.:knitting:

spanky51
07-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Purple paradise is off to the next knitter. Should arrive at it's destination by the end of the week.:knitting:

Mulderknitter
07-20-2009, 04:54 PM
I got Sunbeams today, she sure is pretty already!
thanks for the yarn! I love all of the brown sheep yarn!

Mulderknitter
07-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Not trying to win a race or anything, but I finished my part on Sunbeams. I used about 80 yards of Classic Elite Imagine. The pic makes it look more purply, but it really is quite orangey!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture349.jpg
If you could get me the address of the next knitter Sandy?

luvmykid28
07-20-2009, 09:46 PM
I sent out Pink Passion and Cotton Feilds to the next knitter. Sorry for the delay. I finally made it to the post office.

luvmykid28
07-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Not trying to win a race or anything, but I finished my part on Sunbeams. I used about 80 yards of Classic Elite Imagine. The pic makes it look more purply, but it really is quite orangey!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture349.jpg
If you could get me the address of the next knitter Sandy?

Sunbeams looks great. Good job everyone.:yay: :yay:

Shandeh
07-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Not trying to win a race or anything, but I finished my part on Sunbeams.
:thud:
Whoa.....that was fast! :shock:

I'll check on the next knitter right now. :thumbsup:

threesmom
07-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Purple Paradise arrived today! I don't think I'll be quite as speedy as Mulderknitter though! And Sunbeams is looking good ...:mrgreen:

MaryB
07-23-2009, 09:06 PM
"Ocean Fantasy" was mailed this morning to Farmgirl. Confirmation #0308 0660 0000 1795 4742
Happy knitting!:knitting:

"Cotton Fields" arrived yesterday. It is so soft and pretty!
Thanks for the gift, Lisa.:hug:

farmgirl
07-24-2009, 07:49 AM
"PinkPassion" arrived yesterday!:cheering: Thank you for the cookies, Lisa. It is a gift that my whole fanily will enjoy!:hug:

luvmykid28
07-24-2009, 10:48 AM
You are welcome Mary B and Lori.:hug:

Shandeh
07-25-2009, 04:02 AM
Thank you all for your hard work on our shawls!
I'm sure they will all be loved and appreciated by the special people who will receive them.

MaryB
07-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Cotton Fields Shawl is ready for the next knitter. It was nice to work with cotton for a change----so soft!cloud9

Shandeh
07-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks MaryB! I enjoy working with the cotton yarn also. :)

I'll check with the next knitter right now.

Nanaof6
07-26-2009, 12:57 AM
I was wondering how the Forest Walk shawl was coming along. I signed up to knit on it ,but I haven't heard anything on it yet.

farmgirl
07-26-2009, 10:09 AM
"Ocean Fantasy" arrived yesterday! It is so beautiful! Thank you, Mary B., for the notepad set! The colors are lovely!

Shandeh
07-26-2009, 03:58 PM
I was wondering how the Forest Walk shawl was coming along. I signed up to knit on it ,but I haven't heard anything on it yet.
Hi Nana! I haven't cast on any of the rectangle shawls yet. I'll let you all know when they are ready to get started.
:hug:

Nanaof6
07-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks, I was just wondering,that's all.

threesmom
07-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Purple Paradise is all ready to go to the next knitter!

Mulderknitter
07-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Sunbeams went in the mail today!

MaryB
07-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Cotton Fields shawl was sent out today.......it is on the way to Mulderknitter!:knitting:

Mulderknitter
07-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Cotton Fields shawl was sent out today.......it is on the way to Mulderknitter!:knitting:
Sandy, am I waiting on yarn from you for this one?

Shandeh
07-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Yes ma'am, you are. :wink:
I'll be mailing it to you this Saturday, so you should have it by Monday or Tuesday.

MaryB
07-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Sunbeams Shawl arrived today.:sun: Thanks, Mulderknitter, for the yarn and beautiful note pad. :hug:

Mulderknitter
07-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Sunbeams Shawl arrived today.:sun: Thanks, Mulderknitter, for the yarn and beautiful note pad. :hug:
You are welcome, and thank YOU for the yarn it is such a gorgeous color!:muah: Cotton fields got here today!:yay:

farmgirl
08-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Pink Passion is ready for the next knitter:cheering:

threesmom
08-03-2009, 09:24 PM
I will be able to get Purple Paradise in the mail by Saturday - on the off chance I can get to the PO on Thursday, I'll do it then, but lately, I am only reliably getting there on Saturdays (I missed this last week because of a last minute mini vacation). I'll post the conf # when I get it.

Shandeh
08-04-2009, 06:15 AM
Pink Passion is ready for the next knitter:cheering:
Yay! I'll check on the next knitter right now. :hug:

I will be able to get Purple Paradise in the mail by Saturday....
Thanks for letting us know Beth. :thumbsup:

farmgirl
08-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Ocean Fantasy is ready for the next knitter:woot:

Shandeh
08-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Thanks Lori! :heart:

MaryB
08-10-2009, 10:32 PM
:sun:Sunbeams Shawl is ready to leave the hot summer days of Chicagoland! :sun:
It is beautiful.:inlove:

Shandeh
08-10-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm ready for it, MaryB! :woohoo:

farmgirl
08-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Ocean Fantasy went out yesterday. Conf # 0308 2690 0000 8230 7448. Pink Passion went out as well, conf # 0308 2690 0000 8230 7455.:happydance:

threesmom
08-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Ocean Fantasy arrived on Friday!

MaryB
08-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Sunbeams Shawl is on the way to Shandeh!:woohoo:
Sorry for the delay. :oops:
Confirmation # 0308 2690 0001 6474 1375

farmgirl
08-18-2009, 08:22 AM
I got Purple Passion yesterday!:cheering: It really looks pretty! Thank you for the beautiful yarn, Beth. I am already mulling over ideas for it!

Shandeh
08-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Sorry for the delay. :oops:
Thanks MaryB! No worries about the delay. I am the QUEEN of procrastination. :teehee:

kellee0302
08-19-2009, 04:23 PM
I have received Pink Passion, just waiting for it to cool down a bit before I pick it up to knit my section.

farmgirl
08-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Purple Passion is ready for the next knitter!:knitting:

Mulderknitter
08-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Cotton Fields is ready for the next knitter!
I will get the yarn back to you as soon as I can get to the post office Sandy!:muah:

Shandeh
08-23-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm the next knitter, so just put everything in the package, and I'll put a skein back in there for you to knit the next section after me. :)

Let me know if you need my mailing address.

Mulderknitter
08-24-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm the next knitter, so just put everything in the package, and I'll put a skein back in there for you to knit the next section after me. :)

Let me know if you need my mailing address.
I think I have it!:roflhard: I'll try to get it out by this weekend. Unless more craziness ensues and I refuse to leave the house again.:hair:

threesmom
08-26-2009, 11:25 AM
I thought i had posted, but I guess I only did it in my head :roll: - I am finished with Ocean Fantasy almost a week ago - where does it go next?

Shandeh
08-27-2009, 07:56 PM
I am finished with Ocean Fantasy almost a week ago - where does it go next?
Time for me to knit the center section!
Golly, I'm gonna have a house full of shawls....INSANE! :teehee:
It always happens this way, though.

I'll cast on some of the rectangle ones soon, to get those going.

Shandeh
08-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Can't remember if I told you all the latest updates on our shawls, so I guess I'll just share them all again. :)

"Blossoms of Joy" is complete!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2604/3782169912_2325f5cef7.jpg

"Cotton Fields" is looking HEAVENLY!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3461/3862698666_d15d42775f.jpg

And "Sunbeams" has a NEW NAME.....It looks more like a Sunset to me. cloud9 Take a look at our newly named "Sunset Shawl".
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3548/3861942283_66fa857f3c.jpg

luvmykid28
08-27-2009, 09:54 PM
They all look lovely.:heart: :heart:

BTW, I'm the naughty knitter :aww: that STILL has Midnight Passion. I am sorry, I just finally got the yarn I needed. I will have it finished be the end of the weekend and will be ready to sent it tot the next knitter. Thank you for your patience everyone. Again, I am sorry, the summer just got very crazy and I sorta lost track of everything.

Shandeh
08-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the update, luvmykid28!
You are forgiven....now go knit, and sin no more. :teehee:

luvmykid28
08-28-2009, 04:35 PM
hehehehe... awe shucks, thanks.

luvmykid28
08-29-2009, 01:05 AM
Midnight Passion is ready for the next knitter. FINALLY

farmgirl
08-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Purple Passion is on its way back to you, Sandy!!! Let me know if you need the confirmation numbers.

Shandeh
08-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Thank you both! :)

I'll check on the next knitter for Midnight Passion.
:thumbsup:

Shandeh
08-31-2009, 08:34 PM
Today, I received "Pink Passion" and "Purple Paradise".
Yay! Thank you both for the yarn! :muah:

So, right now, I have almost every one of our shawls at my house. The only one I don't have is "Midnight Passion", which will be going to one of you soon. Also, I'm waiting for "Ocean Fantasy" to arrive soon.

I'll go as fast as I can with my section of the shawls, so they can be sent back out to the rest of you.

In the meantime, just keep working on your personal knitting projects.

Nanaof6
09-08-2009, 01:16 PM
I am on the list for Forrest (something) shawl and I just wanted to let you know that for what ever reason I do not get any postings notification sent to my email . So I have to remember to drop in every now and then to see what's going on.

Shandeh
09-08-2009, 01:20 PM
I am on the list for Forrest (something) shawl and I just wanted to let you know that for what ever reason I do not get any postings notification sent to my email . So I have to remember to drop in every now and then to see what's going on.
Hi Nana!
To get notifications, just go to the top of this page, and look for "Thread Tools". Click that, then click "Subscribe to this Thread".

I'm loaded down with knitting the center section of 3 triangle shawls right now, so it will be a while before I cast on the rectangle ones. Sorry for the delay! :hug:

Shandeh
09-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Last night, I finished the center section of the "Sunset" shawl. :)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2484/3903959283_5017ef443a.jpg

MaryB
10-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Sunset Shawl is ready to move on. It is beautiful! Please let me know who is next.

We have had so little sunshine here in Illinois....I hate to let go of the Sunshine/Sunset Shawl!:sun::sun::sun:

Shandeh
10-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks MaryB! I'll check on the next knitter right now.

MaryB
10-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Sunset Shawl was mailed to Mulderknitter on 10/13............should arrive soon. It is so bright and cheery!:happydance:

Mulderknitter
10-15-2009, 05:47 PM
I got Sunset today! Thanks for the notepad, I keep them by my desk all the time and love them!

Mulderknitter
10-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I finished my section on Sunset!:muah:

luvmykid28
10-26-2009, 09:01 PM
I got "Midnight Passion" over the weekend and have started working on it. Thanks threesmom for the blue yarn. I am sure I will be able to use it somehow or another>>>:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

farmgirl
11-25-2009, 09:53 AM
I got Midnight Passion in the mail recently. I can't say exactly when it came and I'm sorry I forgot to let you know it arrived safely. Things have been a little crazy here!

Shandeh
11-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks Lori! :hug:

I think things have been crazy for most of us lately. It's always like this when the holidays arrive.

farmgirl
11-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Midnight Passion is ready for the next knitter!:cheering:

Mulderknitter
12-07-2009, 06:07 PM
I got cotton fields today! thanks for the goodies Sandy!

Shandeh
12-08-2009, 08:41 AM
I hope I remembered to send you the yarn you were using. I've been so scatter-brained lately! :roll:

Mulderknitter
12-08-2009, 09:07 AM
No worries, you did!

farmgirl
12-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Midnight Passion finally went out in the mail yesterday! Sorry for the delay!

Shandeh
12-18-2009, 05:58 PM
No apology necessary, my friend. :hug:

MaryB
12-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Midnight Passion arrived today. It looks beautiful!

Thanks for the cute note pad, Lori. I am always searching for note pads for grocery lists and messages.:hug:

Shandeh
12-21-2009, 02:58 PM
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season! :heart: :hug: :heart:
We will get our shawls going again in January.

Mulderknitter
12-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi! Just wanted you to know I finished the next section on Cotton fields, it's ready to pass on!:muah:

LittleP3
01-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Can you use any more knitters for this project?

If so, I'm interested.

Having a great time with the baby blankets & pet snuggles.
Jill :X:

Shandeh
01-12-2010, 10:10 PM
One of our Oddball Baby Blanket Knitters lost her husband during the holidays :pout: , so I'm mailing our "Blossoms of Joy" shawl to her. :heart:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2604/3782169912_2325f5cef7.jpg

Can you use any more knitters for this project? If so, I'm interested. Having a great time with the baby blankets & pet snuggles. Jill :X:
Hi Jill! :waving:
Thank you for the offer. I have held off on starting more shawls right now, because I'm finishing up 8 of them right now. I was going to start some more up this month, but I've decided to wait until the spring.

You are welcome to send your information to me in a private message, and I will let you know when the shawls get started again. :hug:

MaryB
01-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Sorry for the delay! Midnight Passion Shawl and Cotton Fields Shawl were mailed today. They are beautiful! :inlove:

luvmykid28
02-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Cotton Fields came in the mail today. It is lovely. :heart: :heart:

Thank you Mary B for the notepad, I will get some good use out of it.

Shandeh
02-02-2010, 11:55 PM
And I got Midnight Passion yesterday. GORGEOUS! :inlove:
Thank you for the adorable sheep pin, MaryB! LOVE IT! :heart:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4049/4323497300_6347696786.jpg

Nanaof6
07-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Remember me? So sorry I have really been MIA. I have hardly picked up my knitting since summer hit. Won't bore ya with my life , but would like to know if I am still on the list for knitting with the group here? I am clueless on what shawl I signed up for :shrug: I think it was a triangle and something forrest :shrug: can you help me remember Shandeh?

Shandeh
07-15-2010, 06:45 AM
Hi Nana! :waving:

I have decided to discontinue our Oddball Shawl project. I still have 8 unfinished shawls at my house, which I will finish up and donate when the need arises.

The last time one of our shawls was donated was 6 months ago. I believe our need for shawls has been met, so there is no need to start more.

If I see the need for more shawls in the future, we will start making them again.

Thank you all for your amazing work on our shawls!

Nanaof6
07-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Shandeh,I hope you will keep me on your list of knitters if or when you start the shawls back up again. I was really looking forward to working on one with you all.

I am limited to my knitting skills still , but I would love to help if you need any more knitters on some other projects . Just let me know.

mspwrz
07-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Sandy,
If one were to try making a shawl this way, how big is it when it is finished and what method is used for bining off the edge?

Shandeh
07-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Shandeh,I hope you will keep me on your list of knitters if or when you start the shawls back up again. I was really looking forward to working on one with you all.
Sure thing! :hug:
Sorry we weren't able to get any more started right now.

If one were to try making a shawl this way, how big is it when it is finished and what method is used for bining off the edge?
The shawl can be as big or as small as you want. It's just a basic triangle that gets larger with every row you knit. Just bind it off when it looks the way you want it to.

The bind off is just your normal bind off. It is bound off at the widest part of the triangle, so just remember to keep the stitches loose as you bind off.

Nanaof6
07-17-2010, 11:14 AM
I was just looking at the oddball blanket thread and it hit me! I am very limited to stitch patterns so why not sit down with my Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Knitting with 150 stitch patterns and just start teaching myself row after row some new stitch patterns and make a strange blanket ?

I'm off to get started :X:

Shandeh
07-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Have fun!
I used to do that too. It was fun. I learned a lot by trying out different stitches.

You will discover that sometimes the fabric will draw in to become more narrow, which will change the shape of your blanket. So, be sure to put in a lifeline yarn before you start each new section. If you don't like the way it looks, you can unravel to the lifeline and try a different stitch. :thumbsup:

Nanaof6
07-17-2010, 07:18 PM
You will discover that sometimes the fabric will draw in to become more narrow, which will change the shape of your blanket.

Why is that and can I avoid it, if I can ,how?

Shandeh
07-19-2010, 01:43 PM
If you do cables, twisted stitches, bobbles, ribbing, or various other stitches, it will make the fabric more narrow.

If you do lace, it will sometimes make the fabric more wide.

The only way to know is by trying it out. It's a good experience to try different stitches, to learn firsthand how the fabric will react.

DQ
08-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Hello all. I've been AWOL from KH for quite a while but I just wanted to come onto this thread and say thank you so much again for my beautiful Barbie shawl. I still love it and use it and get a lot of comfort from it :heart::heart::heart:

Shandeh
08-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Great to hear from you, DQ!

It makes our hearts warm to know that one of our Oddball Shawls is comforting you across the pond! cloud9

Shandeh
07-09-2012, 10:24 PM
It's been a couple years since we worked on our Oddball Shawls. I've been finishing them up, and storing them for the perfect recipients. This week, I finally found a home for them!

I recently learned that the Hospice and Palliative Care of Charlotte (http://www.hpccr.org/) needs 15-20 shawls a WEEK!

REknitting, a member of the Ravelry Charlotte Knitters Group shared the following about the shawl ministry: "At Levine & Dickson Hospice House (http://www.hpccr.org/patients-info-levine-dickson-house.cfm) (LDHH) a cozy prayer shawl is provided for each new patient admitted. These heartfelt gifts provide great comfort during their stay at the hospice house. The shawls also play an important role in the ceremony at LDHH, held by staff and family members, to honor the patientís life after they have died. Each shawl that provides warmth in life is lovingly placed over the patient in death. Rosemary, symbolizing remembrance, is cut fresh from the grounds of LDHH, tied with ribbon and hung on the door of the patientís room. When it is time, with the lights dimmed, a candle lit, and soft music playing, the staff joins the caregivers in escorting the patient from the building. Both the rosemary bouquet and the shawl are presented to the family, in a tangible symbol of remembrance."

Sounds like our shawls will be greatly appreciated there! I am so pleased to share our beautiful shawls with such a wonderful, caring group.

Thank you all for your kind contribution of time, talent, postage, and sweet spirits, while making our lovely shawls.

Shandeh
08-13-2012, 01:04 AM
Since we have a home for our Oddball Shawls now, I've been inspired to finish them all up quickly. And now, they are DONE!
:woohoo:

Take a look at our eight beautiful Oddball Shawls.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8433/7771088390_56248c3aaa.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7771088390/)
8 Oddball Shawls - fan (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7771088390/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr
Here they are all stacked up, and ready to go to Hospice.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8294/7771094584_d2e4f6d480.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7771094584/)
8 Oddball Shawls - stack (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7771094584/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr
And here they are one at a time.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7262/7609159928_7d7938512e.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7609159928/)
Purple Shawl (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7609159928/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr
Misty Greys
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8002/7651213886_0044241a1b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7651213886/)
Misty Greys Shawl (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7651213886/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr
Blue Skies
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7107/7657670500_46e6fca85d.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7657670500/)
Blue Skies Shawl (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7657670500/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr
Cotton Fields
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8422/7713014112_afbdb54ed9.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7713014112/)
Cotton Fields Shawl (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7713014112/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr
Angel Wings
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5274/5910439199_457fe04803.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/5910439199/)
Angel Wings Oddball Shawl (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/5910439199/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr
Midnight Passion
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7258/7771494106_a132323419.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7771494106/)
Midnight Shawl (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7771494106/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr
Sunset
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8448/7771496614_dc97d52a24.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7771496614/)
Sunset Shawl (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/7771496614/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr
Pink Passion
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6020/5910996100_bb045c7bf8.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/5910996100/)
Pink Passion Oddball Shawl (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/5910996100/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr

TreshaRuthe
12-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Those look amazing, Sandy! Once I get back into the swing of things, I'd love to help with this project. (I'm assuming I'm reading your post correctly, that you are restarting this group?)

Shandeh
12-03-2012, 12:33 AM
Those look amazing, Sandy! Once I get back into the swing of things, I'd love to help with this project. (I'm assuming I'm reading your post correctly, that you are restarting this group?)

Thanks Tresha!
No, we are not starting the group over again. The postage was just too much to deal with. But, you are welcome to start your own Oddball Shawl group in your area. :hug: