PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy Feet Pattern Questions

Quiara
04-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Anybody else notice several errors in the pattern? Or have I just been reading it wrong? My initial thought was that it's a good thing I already knew how to make socks because the thing I would have wound up with if I'd followed the directions exactly would have resembled a sock in the same way that the Pope resembles Godzilla. Anybody else find this to be the case?

Jan in CA
04-18-2007, 12:40 PM
To be honest it looks fine to me. Looks pretty much like a sock pattern. What are you having problems with?

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTfuzzyfeet.html

Quiara
04-18-2007, 12:44 PM
During the heel, it tells you to repeat rows 3 & 4 - if you do that, you won't continue to decrease because you won't jump the gap. When dividing for the heel flap, it says knit to 11 stitches past the marker - the marker is at the join. I thought you needed half the stitches to do the heel, not 1/4. It could be the way I'm reading it. It just sounded off to me.

Jan in CA
04-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Row 3: p7, p2tog [1 st from each side created during the last turn], turn
Row 4: k7, k2tog, turn.

It says "1 stitch from each side..." so that must be where you close the gap. Row 4 you must be closing the gap w here it says k2tog although it doesn't say that. You're right though that it does look a little odd. :??:

Generally I go ahead and try whatever the pattern says and if it's not quite right then I do what "I" know needs to be done.

Quiara
04-18-2007, 01:03 PM
That's what I did with this one. It just didn't sound right to me, so I did my own thing. I might not have given it a fair chance, but I didn't want to have to rip back, so I did something I knew would work. So far they're turning out really well. The idea itself is great; the pattern could have been clearer. ^_^

Jan in CA
04-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Maybe you can email her and ask for clarification or tell her you are confused about a specific part.

I wrote one pattern and I know how hard it is to make your vision clear to someone else. I had to learn to be specific about things that in my head seemed obvious, but weren't to everyone else. As I receive feedback I fix the pattern as necessary. ;)

Quiara
04-18-2007, 01:15 PM
That's a good idea. Thanks. ^_^