PDA

View Full Version : lion brand magic strips

jeanius80
04-18-2007, 12:37 PM
anyone make socks from this? are they comfortable when worn? i am starting my first sock (two circ top down- i think i am going to frog though and start toe up) in the jelly bean colorway-very cute colors, but the yarn feels stiff :shrug: thanks.

psammeadred
04-18-2007, 12:43 PM
I've made two pairs of socks from Magic Stripes. It's a little stiff at first, but it softens up beautifully in the wash. The ball band pattern suggests using size 3 needles, but I used size 2 for a better-fitting sock.

jjminarcik
04-18-2007, 12:47 PM
I just bought some of the same yarn at Hancock's at 40% off! I was planning on using it for socks, so let me know how it turns out.

Yarn swap pals must think alike! :teehee:

jeanius80
04-18-2007, 12:57 PM
I just bought some of the same yarn at Hancock's at 40% off! I was planning on using it for socks, so let me know how it turns out.

Yarn swap pals must think alike! :teehee:
lol thats where i bought mine too! glad to know it softens in the wash. i was going to use one ball per sock and the 3rd ball to make a pair for my dd too so we could have matching socks :rofl: silly socks for silly girls :teehee:

PaperGirl
04-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Im using some I bought at Hancocks for Silvers sock tutorial. Im dying to find the Bright Spring color...but for now Im using Purple. If I like it, Ive got Sea Blue and Denim Stripes for the next ones.

Rennagayle
04-18-2007, 01:08 PM
I've made two pairs of socks from Magic Stripes. It's a little stiff at first, but it softens up beautifully in the wash. The ball band pattern suggests using size 3 needles, but I used size 2 for a better-fitting sock.

I'm glad to know that! I bought some, but after starting a sock, I frogged it after the first inch or so 'cause it felt so stiff. :?eyebrow: I think I'll begin again, and this time I'll go with a size 2 needle, as per your suggestion. I tend to be a loose knitter, anyway. Thanks for that tip! :thumbsup: