PDA

View Full Version : JoAnn's: Every Skein On Sale-Ends 4/24

dink
04-18-2007, 04:20 PM
I just went to JoAnn.com and THIS came on the on the home page
http://joann.com/images/assets/promos07/yarn_sale0407_popup.jpg
Thought I'd pass the information along. Not sure if it's in store or not, but I was planning on going there tonight anyways, so I'll let you know if it's a store sale too!

Happy Shopping! :heart:

ironmaiden
04-18-2007, 04:45 PM
They're having a huge sale in store -- not just yarn, virtually everything in the store. I had a 50% off coupon and didn't even get to use it bc everything was already on sale lol.

mdog182
04-18-2007, 04:45 PM
oooo i hope it is in store also! i HATE ordering from them.....grrr

PaperGirl
04-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I went to our JoAnns a few weeks ago, their yarn selection was pitiful. :ick: Nothing there that I was DESPERATE to have..but I bought 2 balls of LB Wool Ease anyway. It was 2/4.00 when I bought it.

brendajos
04-18-2007, 04:53 PM
They're having a huge sale in store -- not just yarn, virtually everything in the store. I had a 50% off coupon and didn't even get to use it bc everything was already on sale lol.

ugh they always do that, i don't get too excited about their 50% coupons anymore because they always have everything i would have used it for on sale anyway. i end up using it for something that would have only cost me a couple of bucks anyway... :!!!:

as it is, the sale is often pretty close to equal to what i would have gotten for the coupon so i guess it doesn't matter. :wall:

dustinac
04-18-2007, 04:57 PM
I went off running to their website to see the Paton's wool and SWS.. but they are not on sale.. and of course the sew e-z board is on sale so no 50% off for that LOL :rofl:

dink
04-18-2007, 05:01 PM
I went off running to their website to see the Paton's wool and SWS.. but they are not on sale.. and of course the sew e-z board is on sale so no 50% off for that LOL :rofl:

Well then that is false advertising! :grrr:

brendajos
04-18-2007, 05:05 PM

yup... i dropped them a note too... i would have ordered some of the SWS if the price was right but it wasn't! ;)

dink
04-18-2007, 05:07 PM

yup... i dropped them a note too... i would have ordered some of the SWS if the price was right but it wasn't! ;)

:thumbsup: There's no * in the pop-up saying "some restrictions apply, etc. etc. etc."

dustinac
04-18-2007, 05:15 PM
I dropped them a note too.. I would have bought the Paton's wool and SWS if it had been on sale..

What I don't understand is the Paton's Wool is in the picture of the pop up saying every skein :rofl: but it is still showing 5.99 for me.. maybe they messed up and will fix the problems after getting a few e-mails... :shrug:

mwedzi
04-18-2007, 06:13 PM
You can still use the 50% off coupons when stuff is on sale. I did for a 40% off coupon once. It just takes the percentage off the regular price, not the sale price, but sometimes you still save money like that.

brendajos
04-18-2007, 06:33 PM
yup you just have to play with that coupon and whatever free shipping coupons you can find to see what the better deal is! :thumbsup:

jeanius80
04-18-2007, 06:56 PM
i looked at the sws too.... :pout: i want to make a booga out of the pink/green colorway.... oh well

Paws4Knitting
04-18-2007, 07:25 PM
I don't know if this true for everything, but, the last time I was at Joanne's, I bought something for knitting that was 20.99. The same kit was at Michael's for 15.99. :!!!:
That was a huge difference!!! I always wonder if you are getting a deal when you go, I'll only go if I have a coupon.

brendajos
04-18-2007, 07:28 PM
my goodness... return it and buy the one at michaels! I have returned cut fabric to Joanns before with no trouble (well cut off the bolt... no like i had cut a pattern out of it...lol)

i would think returning a kit would be no trouble.

Stiney
04-18-2007, 07:32 PM
:wall:

I was in the mall with Joann's tonight and decided not to go in.

:wall:

Jan in CA
04-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

dink
04-18-2007, 09:29 PM
I just went to the store & did not see anything about the yarn being on sale. There was a sign saying 40% off needles & crochet hooks, but nothing about yarn. I did end up buying one skein of yarn, but only because I had a 40% off coupon.

So, maybe it's just online only :shrug:

dustinac
04-18-2007, 10:51 PM
:wall: I knew that.. why did I forget that :shrug: I'm glad I didn't say anything about the 50% off in the note :rofl: that could've been funny though I guess..

jeanius80~ I love the natural pink colorway and think it would make a really pretty Entrelac purse.. all the reviews I've read though say it doesn't felt as pretty.. I think I might still get a skein.. do a swatch and see... :shrug:

Julie
04-18-2007, 11:50 PM
LOL, I went looking for SWS too and I was :!!!:

letah75
04-19-2007, 12:09 AM
I just went to look too. What I think is funny is the on the pop up window that says "every skein of yarn on sale" there is a picture of Patons Classic Merino Wool....yet looking at Patons yarn on their site, it is not on sale it is still listed at $5.99 :!!!:

jeanius80
04-19-2007, 12:24 AM
I dropped them a note too.. I would have bought the Paton's wool and SWS if it had been on sale..

What I don't understand is the Paton's Wool is in the picture of the pop up saying every skein :rofl: but it is still showing 5.99 for me.. maybe they messed up and will fix the problems after getting a few e-mails... :shrug:
i emailed them too. we'll have to wait and see if they correct it :shrug:

letah75
04-19-2007, 12:27 AM

i emailed them too. we'll have to wait and see if they correct it :shrug:

D'oh, somehow totally missed that dustinac already posted this. Sorry for the double mention. :oops:

Jan in CA
04-19-2007, 12:53 AM
I emailed them, too! :teehee:

dink
04-19-2007, 11:34 AM
I emailed them, too! :teehee:

And I am thinking of doing the same. Maybe they'll get the picture! :roll:

brendajos
04-19-2007, 11:40 AM
I just went and looked and in the quick glance i did it looks like at this point the only ones listed that aren't listed at a sale price are three paton's yarns... wool, chacha, and SWS.

I didn't look at allllllll yarns but scanned around and those were the only three i saw that didn't have a sale price on them so maybe they are getting there.

Mommy22alyns
04-19-2007, 12:33 PM
If you all do decide to order from them online, remember that Ebates offers 6% cash back on them as well! :thumbsup:

hellokitty165
04-19-2007, 12:40 PM
i had been buying since i join KH... that is so terrible... lol...now i am a 200 pounds yarn lady...and i can coil myself with the circular knitting needles like a mummy with the options, colonial, pony rosewood....blah blah blah :cheering: :muah: :happydance: :teehee: :roflhard:

dink
04-19-2007, 01:10 PM
If you all do decide to order from them online, remember that Ebates offers 6% cash back on them as well! :thumbsup:

As does FatWallet.com (sorry, forgot to mention that :doh: ) And usually they'll post other various coupon codes too. http://www.fatwallet.com/store.php?store=325

ETA---they should really get KP's on that program! :teehee:

kntsew24
04-19-2007, 05:34 PM
FYI !
Coupons from Joanns are accepted at Michaels, and Michaels coupons are accepted at Joanns. :cheering:

dink
04-19-2007, 05:37 PM
FYI !
Coupons from Joanns are accepted at Michaels, and Michaels coupons are accepted at Joanns. :cheering:
OOH, well then in that case, I get JoAnn coupons in my email every now and then, so I'll definately bring them to Michaels :thumbsup:

brendajos
04-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Dear Customer,

The site will be updated. You can place the order over the phone. You
may contact us at 1-800-525-4951 (Mon-Fri 9am-6pm EST).

Great... sale ends tomorrow... thanks for working on getting it updated... :rofl:

okay so I called to find out what the price is, and she said it is the only skein that isn't on sale. Yeah she got berrated a little bit...lol (I promise just a little... and did let her know that knitters world wide are going to know of their LIES! :teehee:)

(really it wasn't that dramatic...lol)

PaperGirl
04-23-2007, 03:58 PM
I went there yesterday.

Blah.

Bought nothing but a crochet hook. All the other yarn was just Lion Brand...(dont needany) and TONS AND TONS of furry stuff.

brendajos
04-23-2007, 04:01 PM
oh yeah... the B&M store blows... at least the one here does.

jeanius80
04-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Dear Customer,

The site will be updated. You can place the order over the phone. You
may contact us at 1-800-525-4951 (Mon-Fri 9am-6pm EST).

Great... sale ends tomorrow... thanks for working on getting it updated... :rofl:

okay so I called to find out what the price is, and she said it is the only skein that isn't on sale. Yeah she got berrated a little bit...lol (I promise just a little... and did let her know that knitters world wide are going to know of their LIES! :teehee)

(really it wasn't that dramatic...lol)

so dumb. why say every skein on sale, when it isnt true?? grrrrrr. no sws for me. ugh. :verysad:

luv2knit
04-23-2007, 05:11 PM
so dumb. why say every skein on sale, when it isnt true?? grrrrrr. no sws for me. ugh. :verysad:

:grrr: false advertising in my opinion. I just emailed them, as someone mentioned earlier not all yarns are listed on sale, and nothing states an exception on the website. Shame, shame, shame on them. Imagine all the business they would have made if they had SWS on sale! (which is $7.99 on the website and only $5.99 at Micheal's) :shrug: