PDA

View Full Version : OT: Bluetooth Headsets. Those that have them

dink
04-18-2007, 06:42 PM
My old bluetooth headset died for some unknown reason and is unfixable. And the fact that it was a gift doesn't help me in returning it for an exchange or credit of some sort. Anyways, I'm looking at new headsets and I'm wondering for those that have them, what brand do you have and do you like it?

I previously had the Motorola H700. It was good, but there are some out there now which actually go into your ear, and I'd like to give those a try.

Does anyone have one of those bluetooth headsets? Do you like it?

Thanks!

dakatzmeow
04-18-2007, 10:31 PM
mine is H500, i think, and honestly, i forget to take it with me half the time. :wall: i'm not wild about it as it doesn't stay on my ear all that well.

brendajos
04-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Mine is the H500 (http://www.store.motorola.com/mot/en/US/adirect/motorola?cmd=catProductDetail&showAddButton=true&productID=98687H) too and I love it. I rarely talk on the phone outside work anymore if I can avoid it but I love this thing when I need it. I keep it in my car all the time. I want one in every color now or at least one in lime green or orange :teehee:

Mine is the pink one btw :happydance:

Knitting_Guy
04-19-2007, 08:39 AM
I don't use one personally. I can see using one for driving (that's what they're intended for) but am really bugged by seeing people walking around, sitting at a table in a restaurant, etc. wearing their Borg implant. Don't they realize just how silly they look?

dakatzmeow
04-19-2007, 08:59 AM
you make a good point. :oops:

lauraknits
04-19-2007, 09:22 AM
I think they are great for when you have to be connected. They allow me to drive, grocery shop, etc while on call without losing a hand to the phone. I hide it under my hair so no one knows it's there unless I'm standing there talking to myself, which thankfully doesn't happen very often. I hate seeing people do that! But sometimes, you'd be stuck at home a very long time if you didn't go out with your phone!

I have a plantronics noise cancelling headset which is good. I hear the Motorola Jawbone is the best for sound quality/noise cancellation, but it is pricey.

brendajos
04-19-2007, 09:45 AM
lol it actually amuses me to think that people think I am talking to myself. I do rarely actually go into the store while talking though because i can't really talk and walk at the same time! ;)

(truthfully Target is about the only store I grocery shop at and I always get really bad reception there, so I don't even try.)

debb
04-19-2007, 11:01 AM
I have the Motorola H850. It seems to work fine and I prefer the over-the-ear style. Costco has these for $40 right now.

dink
04-19-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm still deciding on things. I agree that it's good for driving, and I don't think I'll use mine all that much outside of my car, but from what I've been hearing, California in 2008 is having it where it'll be required if you're driving, or else you get a ticket. :shrug:

My boyfriend last night said he had an extra headset, and so he gave me this Jabra one:
http://shop.com.edgesuite.net/ccimg.shop.com/220000/227200/227236/products/17092987.jpg

Which is supposed to be good, and it's comfortable because of the squishy earbud, but, I am not crazy about the telemarketer look :rofl:

candicane
04-19-2007, 12:07 PM
I have a Jabra (don't know which one). It is small and hooks around the ear. The sound quality is fine. I cannot get it to stay in my ear though. No amount of adjusting has helped. I do have little ears so I am guessing it is me and not the headset with the problem. My husband says it stays on him fine.

candice

dink
04-19-2007, 12:12 PM
I have a Jabra (don't know which one). It is small and hooks around the ear. The sound quality is fine. I cannot get it to stay in my ear though. No amount of adjusting has helped. I do have little ears so I am guessing it is me and not the headset with the problem. My husband says it stays on him fine.

candice

I'm like you. My boyfriend has another style of Jabra right now which is not like the one he gave me. He told me to try his out, and it was uncomfortable in my ear because it wouldn't fit right. Felt too big, and almost hurt.

They should make some for women & men, for the ear size difference! :rofl:

Knitting_Guy
04-19-2007, 12:52 PM
I prefer the Jabra sets for when I'm driving.