PDA

View Full Version : Second time around...WIP

JudyD
04-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Anyone remember the scarf I made for my sister for Christmas?

This is version 2, currently in progress. Version 1 was stolen right off her back when she was walking through Heathrow Airport in London. She was devastated and when I heard I wasn't far behind! :verysad:

JudyD

Redlesley
04-19-2007, 09:31 AM
That looks lovely and warm and very soft!

carmabelle1191
04-19-2007, 09:37 AM
That looks great! I can't believe someone would steal her scarf right off her back. That's terrible. I could only imagine how sad I would feel, putting all those hours in for her and then sort of having them just taken away. Glad you've got the motivation to knit another one though. Tell your sister to gaurd it with her life this time. :teehee:

auburnchick
04-19-2007, 09:47 AM
The scarf is beautiful! I love the pattern!

nadja la claire
04-19-2007, 09:56 AM
OOO that's lovely. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Where did you find the pattern?

It's terrible that someone would steal it but at least you can make another.
:hug:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

rorygilmore
04-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Who would steal a scarf right off of you?? Thats really sad. But the new scarf looks great! :cheering:

mdog182
04-19-2007, 12:00 PM
OOOOO that is beautiful! yes please tell what pattern that is and what yarn you used....it looks soooo cushy and soft!

Ronda
04-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Wow. That's beautiful!

Jan in CA
04-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Someone just ripped it off her while she was wearing it?!! :noway: Sheesh!

That's a beautiful pattern!

saracidaltendencies
04-19-2007, 02:08 PM
That is gorgeous!

I can't believe someone stole the first one, especially while she was wearing it!! :shock:

Though it's a horrible thing, you have to take it as quite the compliment! lol

JudyD
04-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Thank you to everyone for the kind comments!

I'm bad...while working on the scarf I entertain myself by wishing bad luck for the person who stole version 1! I also imagine thief wearing scarf and being asked where it came from..."Oh, I stole it at Heathrow."

Both of my daughters are of the opinion the thief thought the scarf came from Ireland :roflhard:

The pattern is from Allyson's Darn Yarn. Pattern name is Julie. I downloaded it for $4.95. Yarn is Patons Decor (color is Aran and 75% acrylic/25% wool - my sister said it was very warm.) If you want to see some very pretty patterns (not just scarves) go to www.darnyarn.net ...guaranteed you'll find a lot to like!

JudyD

baronreads
04-19-2007, 10:52 PM
That is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!! Great job! I'm so sorry someone stole the first one! I can't BELIEVE the nerve of some people!! :-x

Thanks for the pattern info. There are alot of BEAUTIFUL scarves on there!!

sara_jayne
04-20-2007, 10:47 AM
That is just beautiful! It is horrible that someone would steal the first one! :pout: