PDA

View Full Version : How do you spend your "knitting time"?

HamburgKnitter
04-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Since I spend so much time here, surfing knitting blogs, visiting online shops, looking at patterns, etc., I thought I'd ask! :oops:

I'd say I spend 50% of my time knitting and the other 50% of my time online...either here or surfing blogs or "visiting" online shops.

Abbily
04-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Most of my surfing, online yarn shopping, and playing on this website is done while I'm at work (don't tell my boss!) so my knitting time is basically just spent knitting. :)

marykz
04-20-2007, 11:47 AM
knitting, hanging out here, and wandering to my LYS, and reading knitting magazines... my "me" time is limited I end up doing everything...

brendajos
04-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Well I work two jobs most days of the week and neither is conducive to knitting while working (though the idea of it amuses me.) So if we are counting surfing as knitting time i would say i spend about 80% of my knitting time here and 20% actually knitting.

I don't go to blogs too much unless someone here points out something I HAVE to see. I pretty much have Dustina showing me all the must see stuff I miss. good thing too or I would never find new projects to do!...lol

dink
04-20-2007, 12:09 PM
I'd say that when I have actual knitting time, I try to knit, or do the usual house work stuff of cleaning, laundry, etc. Most of my day is spent at work, browsing this website and others, trying to knew patterns, tips, etc. So when I have actual knit time, I try my best to take advantage of it! xxx

jodstr2
04-20-2007, 12:11 PM
I spend it pretty much just knitting, either on the couch or sitting on my bed in the evenings. I visit this site and a bunch of blogs while at work, or just after checking my home email accounts after work.

lostchyld
04-20-2007, 12:41 PM
I tend to spend my internet time knitting and surf during my knitting time, of course, I'm usually knitting at the same time. During knit nights, I spend about 50% of the time fondling yarn and planning projects.

I also knit during breaks at work unless I'm hungry.

auburnchick
04-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Sundays are my knitting days. I don't do any work on Sundays but happily sit on the couch, watch NASCAR :teehee: and knit all day! I spend so much time during the week doing work for my college classes and everyday "Mom" stuff that Sundays are my Sabbath.

orcoastknitter
04-20-2007, 01:30 PM
My knitting time is from 8:00pm to about 10:00pm during the week (later on the weekeend). If I am not knitting during these times I could be either, playing with the puppy, pottying the puppy, chasing the puppy to see what she has in her mouth and grooming the puppy (Thursday night). It depends on how tired I am (Gee I wonder why, puppy maybe?)

nadja la claire
04-20-2007, 01:30 PM
My knitting time at work or on the train I spend knitting only, but my knitting time at home is different. I don't have access to a computer at work so I can't hang out here or surf during work hours. When I'm at home I knit and I hang out here and look for new patterns or drool over yarns.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

quiltbugj
04-20-2007, 02:52 PM
I have been spending way too much time knitting and surfing and spending time here! My house is a mess - to the point that it's even starting to bother me! My kids are grown, I have my own business and work mostly in the evenings, so I've got a lot of time to knit and surf during the day.

RiverDaughter
04-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Heh, my knitting time is from whenever I get off of work (which could be as late as midnight or as early as 6pm, depending), until whenever I'm too tired to read a pattern straight, or hold the knitting needles, while watching movies or BSG episodes on my laptop.

Bleh, I can't wait until this summer, when I have a month off to do nothing but knit for a few days.

letah75
04-20-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm going to knit at work tomorrow :teehee: one of two times a month I can do that as I will be babysitting about 30 unruly teenagers, and my knitting often calms them down. (don't ask me why?!?)

I usually need to wind down from work before I can knit at home so I come here, check the sit, blog about boring stuff interesting only to myself and my mom :teehee:, check the 'net news, cook dinner, ignore the mess that my house it, then knit for about an hour.

On the weekends I have wonderful "I'm not gonna leave my house, I'm just gonna knit all day" plans, which never seem to materialize....but Sundays about 2 times a month, 3 of my girlfriends and I go down to the tea house and knit and b*tch up a storm.

ecb
04-20-2007, 10:03 PM
I knit, I surf here, I fondle my knitting sometimes (I have one project I LOVe to fondle)
mostly I knit, but I NEVER say DUH, I find it offensive (although I do LOVE a good Blonde Joke every few hours or so)

my internet is a bit flakey lately, so I spend more time watching TV while I knit, or plan my knitting

Arielluria
04-20-2007, 10:23 PM
I really need to spend more time knitting than chatting about knitting! :wall: But it's such a fun community!
:muah:

aineepooh1
04-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Orcoastknitter~ Does your puppy make you poopY?? :roflhard: :roflhard:

I spent (before KH) abot 90% of my knitting time knitting. now it's about 50/50% although if you ask my coworkers i shop/ oogle/ ooh and ahh about 25% of my down time at work~!! They say I am obsessed~ :roflhard: I think they're just jealous~!
BUT: I :heart: :heart: searching pattersn on KPC, IK, and KNitty.. I :heart: finding out what pattern/ yarn/ KAL everyone else is doing. I :heart: the yarn grapevine around KH.. when you go to a LYS you alrerady have a good idea what to be looking for~ Mostly for me I :heart: :heart: :heart: just imagining what i can make.. I almost feel like a designer.. there's always a future WIP going on in my m ind~! :roflhard: :roflhard:

Knitting_Guy
04-21-2007, 01:10 AM
By definition knitting time is spent knitting

jeanius80
04-21-2007, 01:13 AM
:teehee: i have a one year old.. and when ever i pick up my knitting she decides she has to be on my lap. so.... i knit when she naps :heart: . about an hour a day, unless dh is driving us somewhere (i knit in the car). if i am just surfing/reading she leave me alone. so probably 90/10 (dreaming about knitting/knitting)

:psst: i want to knit more

Nobones
04-21-2007, 08:31 AM
I guess I'm lucky (in a odd kinda way). Beacuse of my (various) medical conditions, I'm not able to work. I don't really have much energy to do anything but sit. I taught myself how to knit so my brain stayed active and wouldn't dribble out of my ears! So I can knit all day everday, I even knit while looking at the forum. When I'm in hospital knitting helps me take my mind off things and helps make the time pass a bit quicker.

RachelJean
04-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Most of my surfing, online yarn shopping, and playing on this website is done while I'm at work (don't tell my boss!) so my knitting time is basically just spent knitting. :)

Me too...don't tell my boss either. :teehee:

Arielluria
04-23-2007, 02:07 PM
I guess I'm lucky (in a odd kinda way). Beacuse of my (various) medical conditions, I'm not able to work. I don't really have much energy to do anything but sit. I taught myself how to knit so my brain stayed active and wouldn't dribble out of my ears! So I can knit all day everday, I even knit while looking at the forum. When I'm in hospital knitting helps me take my mind off things and helps make the time pass a bit quicker.Well, we find blessings in all sorts of ways don't we?!? I'm sorry for your hospital stays, but like you said, in an odd sort of way you are lucky. ;)

How can you knti looking at the forum? Isn't that like driving and knitting?!? :eyebrow:

Arielluria
04-23-2007, 02:08 PM

Me too...don't tell my boss either. :teehee:OK.........just hand over the adorably cute doggie and I wont' breathe a word of it. :roflhard:

Knitting is my 1st obsession...........dogs, my 2nd.........and I never thought I would say this...........chocolate is 3rd. :eyebrow:

rebecca
04-23-2007, 04:36 PM
I would love to say that my knitting time is spent knitting like it was when i 1st began...then i look back and see all of the people i've met and friends that I've made online so...truthfully, my knitting time is spent in the forum, blogging, buying yarn and knitty goodies and, of course....KNITTING :wink:

Paws4Knitting
04-23-2007, 10:46 PM
I am getting more and more depressed that I have to go home and tend to it before I get a chance to breath and then knit. :pout:

With a new hubbie and three playful babies (cats)- one is extremely addicted to playing catch with his feather, so, after playing with him for a 1/2 hour, I am able to sit and knit.

xxx

Ah, but that's life, is it not? I do my internet surfing at work, but if you tell- I'll deny it! :teehee:

Lieke
04-24-2007, 02:07 AM
I voted one or more of the above. I use my knitting time for knitting, but also for coming here, blogging, drooling over online yarn and patters. I think I'm pretty close to all of the above :teehee:

Nobones
04-24-2007, 06:27 AM
Knitting and driving :teehee: I haven't tried that! Would be useful in a traffic jam, I tend to get quite stressed, a few rows and I would be quite nice again!

Arielluria
04-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Knitting and driving :teehee: I haven't tried that! Would be useful in a traffic jam, I tend to get quite stressed, a few rows and I would be quite nice again!I HOPE for traffic jams!!!!!!!! ;) Always carrying the knitting in the passenger seat JIC ;)