PDA

View Full Version : Bottom up seamless sweater

candicane
04-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Anyone have a link to a free bottom-up seamless sweater?

thanks,
Candice

suzeeq
04-20-2007, 11:33 PM
This is oversize, but you could adjust it to make it smaller or decrease on the sleeves if you want it a little more fitted...
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/PATTtopsecret.html

sue

ctmax
04-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Adult or child?

dakatzmeow
04-23-2007, 01:40 AM
not free, but well worth the small cost:

wonderful wallaby by cottage creations

Curly_Toot
04-27-2007, 03:22 AM
Does it have to be bottom up?? There are a few free patterns around for Top down Raglan sweaters, which usually have minimal seaming as you knit the front back and sleaves all at once until you reach the underarm section.

Just use google to search for "top down raglan"

candicane
04-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the replies. I don't really need the full pattern, just ideas on how to modify the sweater that I knitting. I started making the Best Friend Cardigan (bottom up) from Twinkle's Big City Knits. I seamed in one sleeve and I looked like a linebacker (and I am only a size 4). So I took out the sleeve, ripped back to the armpits and now following this plan:

http://glampyreknits.tripod.com/glampyrephotos/id34.html

I should have done a provisional CO for the sleeves, but I did not, and of course now I regret that. Anyway I tried this last night and I think it will work out for my sweater, except I made a goof and will once again be back at the pond tonight. When I picked up the stitches from the sleeve, I picked them up as knit stitches instead of purl stitches and now I have a row of stockinette on my sleeves. It is just one row and on both sleeves, so I could call it a desgin element, but I think it would bug the snot out of my everytime I wear it. Ugh. This pattern has been very difficult for me, so although I love the yarn, I will be very happy to be done!

This is a pic of the sweater I'm making. THe pattern is posted free online if anyone wants it, I can find the url.

Candice