PDA

View Full Version : OT-A California Lic. Plate about knitting

dink
04-21-2007, 10:23 PM
For those of you who don't live in, or have never visted California, there are a few different types of license plates, and on one plate you can choose from a heart, star, cross, and hand print.

Anyways I saw a plate on my way to my apartment tonight that looked exactly like this:

I :heart: 2NIT

I love to knit! Or, at least that's how I read it. I guess it could be I love tonight, but, I like my version of it. :teehee:

brendajos
04-21-2007, 10:38 PM
lol i am guessing that you are probably right. the other is oddly random though i suppose plausible.

And vastly different than the one I saw the other day that said

Pig Lvr

:thinking:

orcoastknitter
04-21-2007, 11:59 PM
I think that is cool. I know in California you can get a heart or a hand print. Our plates here are pretty boring. I remember when I used to commute to work (back in California) I saw a plate that said
I C U LAST (or something like that). It was the medical examiner. :teehee:

Jan in CA
04-22-2007, 12:16 AM
That's cool, Melissa! I haven't seen that around!

dink
04-22-2007, 06:29 PM
That's cool, Melissa! I haven't seen that around!
It was on a light blue Honda S200, little 2 seater convertable car

I wish I could have some fun license plate. But, when I am creative, it seems like someone already beat me to the plate! :doh:

Angelia
04-23-2007, 06:09 AM
I saw a plate that said
I C U LAST (or something like that). It was the medical examiner. :teehee:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Oh, that's brilliant!

Quiltlady
04-23-2007, 07:24 AM
In New York state you can get license plates to say different things but you have to PAY extra for it.

mwedzi
04-23-2007, 09:29 AM
In New York state you can get license plates to say different things but you have to PAY extra for it.

You have to pay extra for it in CA, too, to request a specific plate.

The one for the medical examiner was great.

of troy
04-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Warning this Post has something that can be very rude.. and is not work or child appropriate.

the standard 'form' for plates in CA is
Number
letter
letter
letter
number
number
number
or
1 ABC 234

and like most states, those three letter have been edited, so no one gets fck or fuc or ***, or sht or other 'words' or suggestion of words that are rude or vulgar.

but 3 letter words like top or can or jar and so on, are permitted.

so randomly 1 guy got a 'standard' plate that cause problems (and he was forced to turn it in and get an other)
his plate?
B
I
G
or 2 BIG 469.

just a random combination.. but unintended results!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-23-2007, 07:50 PM
I saw a plate in an online picture that said "GIV ME A"

the vehicle?

... a hummer! :teehee:

brendajos
04-23-2007, 08:05 PM
I saw a minivan on the way to work this morning that had a plate that said "hump" on it... :shock:

My distaste for that word is fairly well documented and seeing it on a minivan first thing in the morning was nearly too much for me!

orcoastknitter
04-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Warning... this may be considered rude

There was an OB/GYN is my home town (could have been the doctor that delivered me) but it was rumored that his license plate on his Mercedes
said: IV Skin. :rofl:

Wrennn
04-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Saw one not too long ago: ALWYSL8
:teehee:

dink
04-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Saw one not too long ago: ALWYSL8

Someone in the same office building complex where I work drives a little Mini Cooper with the license plate: LIL Q T

CateKnits
04-25-2007, 07:18 PM
My roommate and I used to see one on our way to the barn that was 1337GEEK. She was just commenting yesterday that now that we go later, she misses it. :teehee:

I drive a black car and want to paint a Jolly Roger type thing on the hood (though I just SAW ONE TWO DAYS AGO in my parking lot, so now I guess I can't and I'm really sad about it) and get YARRGH for the plate.

AmandaC
04-26-2007, 04:05 AM
There is a car around where I live and the number plate is ....

PEN 1 5

JGM
04-26-2007, 02:41 PM
A friend of mine drives a Vibe with the license plate R8R.........