PDA

View Full Version : Too late for IK Spring 07?

Cookie222
04-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Hello. I'm "new" to the board (meaning I've been lurking around for ages. lol) and I've been seeing alot about patterns from IK's spring 07 magazine which I think I would like to try for myself. I especially love the Petunia Bag and from information I've been able to find out about the pattern, I think I've found a yarn which would be a suitable substitute.
Here's the problem. I can't find the magazine anywhere which saddens me greatly. :verysad: Do you think that it is too late to get ahold of the magazine from newstands? Or should I just forget about it and wait for the summer one to come out. When should that be happening? :shrug:

Thanks.

suzeeq
04-22-2007, 12:15 AM
The summer issue is supposed to be available May 12. Check local yarn stores, they may have the spring issue. Or may be available on Amazon? I think they sell individual issues. And local libraries; some of them may have it.

sue

Cookie222
04-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Yah, i just found out that the next issue is next month. I guess I'll just have to keep looking for it. Either that or try to duplicate the tote from the pictures I've been able to find.
Thanks for replying!

:oops: I can't believe I never thought to look around at my library. lol. Guess where I'm going tomorrow....

Jan in CA
04-22-2007, 12:19 AM
You can order back issues, too!
http://www.interweaveknits.com/backissues/

Cookie222
04-22-2007, 12:22 AM
How long would a back order take to come?

lol. As you can see, I'm very into the idea of knitting that tote.... :teehee:

Jan in CA
04-22-2007, 12:23 AM
How long would a back order take to come?

lol. As you can see, I'm very into the idea of knitting that tote.... :teehee:

I'm not sure, but I would think it wouldn't be too long. You could look around first and see if you can find it, but if not then you've got that as a back up.

dustinac
04-22-2007, 12:31 AM
I ordered the Holiday one from them and was surprised.. it really only took about a week to get if that... :happydance:

Cookie222
04-22-2007, 12:32 AM
Thanks everyone who replied. Now prospects don't seem as dark as they did before. There is still hope for me and the Petunia Tote to be together! :happydance:

jenarita
04-22-2007, 10:27 PM
I was at my LYS yesterday, and noticed that she had many back issues of this magazine... and I know she ships stuff. She might have a few copies of that one.

www.ancientpathways.net is her website, the owners name is Meg.

Hope it helps!

Jenn

Mommy22alyns
04-23-2007, 03:25 PM
I just found the spring 07 IK at Books a Million last Friday!! :happydance: I wish I had known, I could have picked up an extra for you!

Mommy22alyns
04-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Cookie, it looks like www.littleknits.com has the back issue too, and it's on sale! :D

CarmenIbanez
04-24-2007, 11:45 AM
I was at my LYS yesterday, and noticed that she had many back issues of this magazine... and I know she ships stuff. She might have a few copies of that one.

I was just going to say, my LYS always has back issue of the knitting mags.