PDA

View Full Version : Interweave Knits Summer Preview

Cookie222
04-22-2007, 12:15 AM
The summer preview of IK is up. What do you guys think?

http://www.interweaveknits.com/preview/2007_summer.asp

Jan in CA
04-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Looks like some neat stuff in it!

Cookie222
04-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Yah, I'm not really sure if I'll like this issue... :shrug: Nothing really catches my eye very much. I guess I kinda like the Josephine top, the Oriel Lace Blouse (which looks hard and expensive to make), and the Spiral Boot Socks (which would be very hard since I've never made socks before. lol.). Oh well. I guess it gives me more time to finish my brothers blanket before I totally lose interest. :teehee:

suzeeq
04-22-2007, 12:35 AM
I like about half of them, though I don't know if I'd make them. I might adapt a couple though....

sue

rebecca
04-22-2007, 02:19 AM
I think what I always think when I see the IK preview...."ahhh, my favorite knitting mag......."

Ginger0104
04-22-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm disappointed :( There isn't anything that I like well enough to want to knit. I was hoping for some more summer weather clothing.

The spring issue of IK was my intro to the mag, and I love it. There are about 3-4 things in there I am looking forward to making.

kristinw
04-22-2007, 03:26 PM
I think a few of the tops are really cute! And there a few other things I really like too!

Julie
04-22-2007, 03:59 PM
I really like the spiral boot socks :D

And...WOW, can you imagine knitting a chuppah?? :shock: What a labor of love!

Andrea
04-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Ohhh !!! I'm liking it!!! But now I can't open the magazine and be surprised... :pout: I never looked at the preview before...

BostonBecca
04-22-2007, 04:45 PM
I kind of want it just for the pretty chuppah pattern, if i ever get married I want to make my own heirloom quality chuppah.

I also really like the sweater/top on the front though I think the pattern part hits the model in a really strange spot and you would either want to make it a little longer so it hits below the chest and not right in the middle of the chest or so it ends above the breasts. I love the high socks, the sleeveless tuxedo shirt, josephine, and the summertime tunic so far. Some of them are definately not my style however. The one with the tiny bobbles is not my style.

Jan in CA
04-22-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm disappointed :( There isn't anything that I like well enough to want to knit. I was hoping for some more summer weather clothing.

:?? There are about 5 tank type tops in there.

And what the heck is a chuppah? I can't even get my mind around what I'm seeing!

BostonBecca
04-22-2007, 04:50 PM
A chuppah is the fabric covering that stands above a Jewish couple and their rabbi as they are married and it is an important symbol of the home they will create together. My brothers made the chuppah for my sister's wedding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuppah

Quiltlady
04-22-2007, 05:24 PM
All the projects look nice. But they are nothing I will be making. :teehee:

mwedzi
04-22-2007, 05:49 PM
It's okay. I liked the spring issue better. But the oriel lace top and spiral socks are pretty. I'll buy it anyway. I always buy VK and IK as long as there is just 1 thing I might be willing to make, because I like flipping through the magazine and it's only about $6 anyway.

I kinda like the men's sweater, too. (guys, would you really wear that? seems i can never tell). But looks like intarsia and I don't want to make it.

But I do love that they have an older couple to model a couple of the sweaters. I like seeing age and color diversity in these mags.

aineepooh1
04-22-2007, 10:36 PM
I don't understand why the Spring issue has a short sleeved top on it and the Summer has a long sleeved~ :pout:

It seems to me that they shoulda profliled the short sleeved Ttop b/c it's getting hot oustide~!! :shrug: The LAST thng I am making is a LONG sleeved top although I guess if you hung out a the beach it might be a necesssity~!

But down here IT'S HOT~!! :doh:

carmabelle1191
04-22-2007, 11:52 PM
I personally like it. :happydance: I bought the last IK as well, I'm thinking of knitting at least a few projects from there. The summer issue has even more projects that I like!

meg9
04-23-2007, 01:23 PM
CUTE!
I usually like the spring and summer issues the best. I've just started the bonsai tunic from the spring today (with Rowan Cotton Glace) and the stitch pattern is a lot of fun.