PDA

View Full Version : My FYS (Favorite Yarn Store)

kellyh57
04-24-2007, 01:08 PM
It's not the one closest to me, but it's definitely my favorite yarn store. I was in there last week after a doctor's appointment. (It's close to where my dr is and my husband's work, where the kids go when I go to the dr.) Anyway. I got a few hanks of yarn for a bag, but not enough. They had a sign that they were having an anniversary sale on Saturday so I rushed down Sat morning before work. I got the rest of the yarn needed and filled out a form for a drawing. I WON!!! It's 3 copies of Knitter's magazine. Not big, but it's still a win and free knitting stuff!!!

Usually when I'm there (during the day) it's just one of the owners. She plays with the kids while I shop. So sweet! This time the store had about 6 ladies in there. I'm not sure how many were working and how many were just hanging out. One lady was sitting at a table finishing a project. My favorite part of the whole trip (besides coming home and getting the message that I won a doorprize) was the cat. He was sleeping last time I was there, but this time he was awake and I played with him and found out his name and reason behind it. Get this, he's Addi- the turbo cat with the circular tail. They thought it was a girl when they got him and when they took him to the vet found out he was a neutered male. Their Addi rep wouldn't let them change his name. I love it! He does have a rather rounded tail and likes to run around. Now I'm envisioning naming my next pet after knitting...My husband won't let me name the baby anything wacky :)

I just thought I'd share my experience. If anyone is ever near North Kansas City, check out the Stitch Knitch downtown. It's a great shop with very friendly help (and a pet!)

Kelly

brendajos
04-24-2007, 01:15 PM
i am totally trying to figure out how to break it to my friend that I may be dragging him to a yarn store or two when I come down for Stitch n Pitch in June. He will do whatever I tell him we are doing but still...lol

I will definitely put it on my list of possibilities! :cheering:

DreamWeaver
04-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Where I live we hardly have any yarn stores, but there is one really cute one in downtown Honolulu called "Isle Knits". It's a tiny little room in an office building that's completely FILLED with yarn. One time when I went there were about two people there, plus the manager (a really nice old lady), plus my dad and I. Just five people, and there was hardly enough room to walk around. She has TONS of yarn though, and I love going there :happydance:

aineepooh1
04-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Addi the Turbo Kitty~!! With the circular tail~!!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :happydance: :roflhard: :happydance: :roflhard: