PDA

View Full Version : Help - Striped Cardigan - Debbie Bliss

kajomo
04-24-2007, 07:03 PM
This is from Baby Cashmerino 2, The striped cardigan.

When working the sleeve it says:

"Beg with a k row, work in st st in stripes of 2 rows C and 2 rows M, at the same time, inc one st at each end of the 3rd row and every foll 4th row until there are 54....stiches"

So the question is, when it says 3rd row and every following 4th row....do I just do the 3rd row once and then every 4th row after, or every 3rd and 4th row....??

Then when working the ribbing around the front where the button holes are it says....

"Rib 3 [rib 2tog, yf, rib 8 sts] 3 times, rib 2tog, yf, rib to end. Rib 1 one more row. Change to C, rib one row. Cast off in rib."

I get all the abreviations, but what do they mean by rib. It is knit in a k1, p1 band.....so is it just meaning follow the k1, p1. How do you decide which stitch to use if you are ribbing 2 together and one is a p st and one is a k st? :??

Thanks!!!

tilllie
04-24-2007, 11:29 PM
third row and every following 4th row: incr row 3....7....11....15... and so on until there are 54 sts
Rib 3 would be k1 p1 k1, when you are ribbing 2 tog jjust be sure to follow the rib pattern. If you k1 p1 k1 the p2 tog you next stitch would be p1. Does that make sense? Good luck Tillie

Ingrid
04-24-2007, 11:30 PM
For the increases, work them on row 3 and then every 4th row after that--so it would be 3, 7, 11, 15, etc.

"Rib 3 [rib 2tog, yf, rib 8 sts] 3 times, rib 2tog, yf, rib to end. Rib 1 one more row. Change to C, rib one row. Cast off in rib."

Work the rib as you have been, so if it's k1, p1, k1, work 2 tog, yo, p, k, p, etc.

When it comes down to it, I don't think it really matters how you work those 2 together. I think k2tog would be neater on the front, though.

So you'd k, p, k, k2tog, yo, p, k, p, k, p, k, p, k.

kajomo
05-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Thanks guys!!!