PDA

View Full Version : Video - Straight Knitting with Circular Needles

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 08:52 PM
I just made a video on You Tube that explains "back and forth" knitting with circular needles.

Some people misunderstand this concept, and think they are knitting in the round whenever they use circular needles.

I'm no expert, and I was sick while making this video. But, I did want to help make it clear to new knitters what the two types of circular knitting represent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbYrhp8yjMc

marykz
04-24-2007, 09:18 PM
very interesting!!! Thanks

BinkyKat
04-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Yay for youtube! Now that my speakers are back in operation, I can actually hear you gals!
Thanks for taking care of that for us Shandeh baybee! :happydance:

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Yay for youtube! Now that my speakers are back in operation, I can actually hear you gals!
Thanks for taking care of that for us Shandeh baybee! :happydance:
You're welcome, my little scratchy, dorky, poopy gumball, with a chunk stuck at the end! :muah:

BinkyKat
04-24-2007, 09:35 PM
You're welcome, my little scratchy, dorky, poopy gumball, with a chunk stuck at the end! :muah:

:teehee: that's meeeee! :roflhard:

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 09:36 PM
:wink:

lissalue
04-24-2007, 10:53 PM
you sound so different when you are sick!! :teehee:

Jenelle says we should make a video of something next time i visit you so she can compare our accents. :roflhard:

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 11:04 PM
okey dokey! :thumbsup:

Jessica Cobb
04-24-2007, 11:30 PM
I liked your video! I've been thinking about making one too, but I always decide against it.

I also took a peek at your video of the snow in Charlotte! Getting snow doesn't happen very often here in NC, but boy is it exciting when it finally snows! :teehee:

IrishKnitter
04-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Neat video, Shandeh! You sound so snuffy! :pout: Feel better!

Shandeh
04-25-2007, 12:51 PM
I also took a peek at your video of the snow in Charlotte! Getting snow doesn't happen very often here in NC, but boy is it exciting when it finally snows! :teehee:
Hi Jessica! You should check out our thread about North Carolina get-togethers!
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20191

Thanks for the get-well wish, Kate! :hug:

Jessica Cobb
04-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Hi Jessica! You should check out our thread about North Carolina get-togethers!
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20191

Thanks for the get-well wish, Kate! :hug:

Thanks, Shandeh! I went over there and posted a little hello. There are lots of NC knitters, I didn't even know!

Shandeh
04-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Wow! How did we miss you? :hug:

Limey
04-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi Shandeh

Thanks so much for making that video - really useful in clearing up confusion between knitting in the round and back and forth.

I'm sorry you've got a cold but the accent still came shining through - why is it that people from the south have such easy-going, laid-back accents? Could listen to you all day!

Thanks again and hope your cold hops it fast.

All the Best

Limey

Shandeh
04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
why is it that people from the south have such easy-going, laid-back accents?
Hi there!! We have accents that represent our way of life. We are an easy-going, laid-back kind of people. :)

But, as for ME, I prefer to listen to British accents! :hug:

DQ
04-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Good video, great accent! :mrgreen:

Shandeh
04-29-2007, 02:45 AM
Thank you, DQ! :heart: