PDA

View Full Version : Best/Favorite Yarn for felting?

PaperGirl
04-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Ive only felted Knit Picks WOTA....and being such a novice, Im OK with it.

But Id like to order/buy other wools that felt nicely too. Favorites, recommendations?

I saw a book at Hancok the other days with felted patterns, and it called for Lions Brand wool...I already had a basket full of stuff...so I left it for the time being, and that got me to thinking... :??

jeanius80
04-25-2007, 12:53 PM
i have felted lion wool- did a great job. caron felt-it wool also felts great. i have some noro to use next...

sara_jayne
04-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Malabrigo felts like a dream!

Noro is fabulous for felting but gets very fuzzy so it might need a shave.

I've also used Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride, KP Sierra and Debbie Bliss Soho and they are all fabulous.

I used Manos del Uragay to felt too but wasn't overly impressed with it but that could have been because of the pattern. :shrug:

PaperGirl
04-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Ive got some Patons that is next on my list to play with too. :heart:

DH wants me to try some Brown Sheep cause its American farmer wool, and he likes me to support our farmers.

letah75
04-25-2007, 01:43 PM
I like the way Paton's felts, and it's not a bad deal for the $

SandraEllen
04-25-2007, 01:56 PM
i've used Paton's Classic and WoTA.

i don't think i could buy anything really pricey to felt because... I'm felting it.

jenarita
04-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Cascade 220 (not superwash), works well also. I am working on my 3rd Lucy bag with it, and it felts very nicely.

SabrinaJL
04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
I really like the way Patons SWS felts. And it comes in such nice colors too.

Sanibelle
04-25-2007, 03:57 PM
I agree with Jenarta - Cascade 220 is my favorite. It is such a nice yarn to work with and it felts beautifully. I also like Noro Kuryeon for Booga Bags.

I used Patons SWS on a booga bag and it felted so quickly I had to give it to my 8 year old neice to keep her camera in so I personally would never use that again.

Lynn

vaknitter
04-25-2007, 07:00 PM
I would say BEWARE of the SWS, while I agree it comes in great colors and feels soft in your hands it is a nightmare in my book. For lack of a better term it sticks to itself and is almost impossible to backtrack and fix mistakes and it super SHRINKS when felted. I too made a booga and it is sooo small my wallet barely fits in it.

orcoastknitter
04-25-2007, 07:07 PM
So far I have only used Cascade and like it. I just bought some Lamb's Pride and I can't wait to try it. I would like to try WOTA.