PDA

View Full Version : including???

Curly_Toot
04-26-2007, 02:12 AM
Howdy,

i'm wondering what exactly does including mean in a pattern, i'm guessing its an increase stitch but what kind of increase would you do??

the pattern i'm refering to has this row:

Row 4: Inc in first 2 sts, sl marker, inc in next st, K across, increasing before and after each marker, inc in last st.

its for a raglan top down sweater, the whole pattern can be found here:

http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns2/bamboozle-shrtslv-raglan.html

i havent even started it, i was just reading through trying to decide if i was skilled enough and was puzzled :??

cheers
CT

Boogs
04-26-2007, 02:27 AM
i'm wondering what exactly does including mean in a pattern, i'm guessing its an increase stitch but what kind of increase would you do??

the pattern i'm refering to has this row:

Row 4: Inc in first 2 sts, sl marker, inc in next st, K across, increasing before and after each marker, inc in last st.

Inc is short for increase, not 'including'.
The increase to be used is usually shown in the pattern but if it's not then it doesn't matter which increase you use just as long as you are consistent and use the same increase(s) throughout.

Click on the tab above which is labelled 'basic techniques' and then 'increases' for examples of different methods.

Curly_Toot
04-26-2007, 02:54 AM
OMG DUH!! :wall:

do most people use KF&B??

five_six
04-26-2007, 03:36 AM
I don't unless it's on the seaming edges, I personally don't like the little bar it makes. I tend to use the M1F/B more often, it's more invisible. But it's really just a personal thing, you could use any you like :shrug: