PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Wallaby pattern

losnana
04-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Does anyone know whether you can buy this pattern in PDF format? I have another pattern by Cottage Creations, but it came in a booklet. I really don't want to wait if it's not necessary.

GinnyG
04-27-2007, 09:36 PM
I think you can only buy the booklet, I looked online for it and ended up buying it at my LYS.

I am well into my Wallaby and having a problem with the sleeves, I have never made a sweater with such narrow sleeves. I have a knitting class Monday and I am going to ask my instructor if I can increase the sleeve by 10 stitches at the elbow without messing up the shoulder join.

losnana
04-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Thanks GinnyG. I was in my LYS yesterday and bought the booklet. What yarn are you using? I'm thinking about a cotton blend, because it is for dgd in Virginia and dd would like it to be machine washable as well as year-round weight, if possible.
I'm going to post a question about the sleeves.

GinnyG
04-28-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm using Cascade 220, which is nice but I think I would like to do it in a bulkier yarn. I am also considering making one for my daughter out of nature cotton but don't know if it will stretch too much.

losnana
04-28-2007, 01:15 PM
The stretch factor is what concerns me about 100% cotton-especially the pouch. Has anyone done it in 100 % cotton, and, if so, did it stretch out of shape? I may have to go to a really good feeling acrylic instead.

Dangles
04-29-2007, 12:50 AM
FYI, Wallaby FAQ (http://home.earthlink.net/~adbatiste/WW_FAQ.html)

dakatzmeow
04-29-2007, 10:40 PM
i did my 4yo dd's in cascade 220 as well. i haven't washed it yet. call me a chicken.

i didn't notice that the sleeves were narrow. hmmmmm.

GinnyG
04-30-2007, 05:26 AM
i did my 4yo dd's in cascade 220 as well. i haven't washed it yet. call me a chicken.

i didn't notice that the sleeves were narrow. hmmmmm.

I am doing the ADULT wallaby, I suspect the children's sleeves are fine.