PDA

View Full Version : FO: Shadow Stripe Baby Hat and Sox

Mariblue
04-27-2007, 04:50 PM
I made these (http://www.p2designs.com/images/patterns/ShadowStripesSet.html) for a baby shower I'm going to this weekend. They were fast and fun to knit. I left off the top knot on the hat. For the sox, I used size 3 circs (the pattern calls for size 0!), but knit the preemie size, which should hopefully turn out to be a regular newborn size. At least, that's the size they look to me. :teehee: (Well, they'll fit the baby at some point!) I used Lion Brand microspun yarn, mango color. I think they turned out well!

Godiva337
04-27-2007, 05:03 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :muah: You did a great job on the hat and the socks!! I bet that the socks will fit the lucky baby!!

marykz
04-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Awww- love the mango color!! and microspun is so soft- they look great!

baronreads
04-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Love these! And the color is GORGEOUS!! TFS

ae
04-27-2007, 08:35 PM
those are adorable. and i LOVE the color!!

auburnchick
04-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Oh my goodness! I'm doing the exact same pattern right now!!!! For a shower on Tuesday!!!

I LOVE the color you used too! I think I'm going to use your tip about the size 3 needles for the socks. I'm trying the 0's, but the yarn is hating it.

GREAT job!!!!!

Mariblue
04-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks everyone! I feel so accomplished because I finished a whole pair of socks and a hat in a couple of days! Ok, ok, I know they're baby sized...but still, it's a real confidence boost!
That's funny, Nathalie! Are you the one who posted on the main forum about the baby shower? I posted a link to these patterns there. :teehee:

auburnchick
04-28-2007, 01:13 AM
Yep...that was me! GMTA, eh? :teehee:

I'll probably finish my stuff on Sunday. I'll post pictures on Monday. I don't think they are turning out as nice as your's, though. You picked a great yarn!

KnittingNat
04-28-2007, 05:12 AM
It's a wonderful pair of socks and the hat is adorable! BTW, baby stuff is more difficult in my opinion, because it's so small :)
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

lestrella
04-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Those are so adorable!!!

Rennagayle
04-29-2007, 08:01 PM
They are so cute! I love that pattern, too, and have bookmarked it. I have a bunch of microspun sitting around. It's so yummy soft for baby things. :hug:

dewdrops
04-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Awe so cute! :heart:

sara_jayne
04-30-2007, 10:03 AM
I love that pattern! So adorable!

auburnchick
04-30-2007, 10:21 AM
I've just got to tell you that your pictures inspired me to go out and buy the microspun to make another set. My daughter has a teacher who is adopting a baby any day now (just waiting for the baby to be born). She asked me to make this pattern but in a different yarn from what I was using (Bernat).

THAT's how much I love the way your's came out!!!

Mariblue
04-30-2007, 10:52 AM
:muah: Thank you everybody! :muah:
I really liked working with the microspun, and just loved the color for this project.
I'm going to use the rest to make up a pair of socks for my son! (Well, I overestimated and bought 3 skeins of it, just to make sure I had enough! But I'll find a use for the rest of it!)

Nathalie, did you use the ribbing method as written in the pattern? I tried it twice, and didn't like how it was going so in the interest of saving time, I just switched to a k2p2 ribbing. I also used a slightly different method to turn the heel. I like the universal sock pattern from Knitty, and so used that instead, which was basically the same (short rows), but slightly different in the wrapping of the stitches.