PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Wallaby Sleeves

losnana
04-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Ginny G posted this in another thread, and I wonder if anyone else has this problem or any thoughts on the issue:

I am well into my Wallaby and having a problem with the sleeves, I have never made a sweater with such narrow sleeves. I have a knitting class Monday and I am going to ask my instructor if I can increase the sleeve by 10 stitches at the elbow without messing up the shoulder join.

ctmax
04-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Hi, I have made many of these sweaters and am currently knitting the first sleeve for another sweater. I have never had a problem with narrow sleeves. The first sweater I made I noticed it ran on the skinny side, so I have always went up one size and just adjusted the lengh of the sleeves and sweater. After the ribbing it gives the option to do gradual increases or all at once for the children sizes and I have always done them all at once.

GinnyG
04-28-2007, 11:20 AM
I also did the "all at once" increase which give you (in the XL size) 50 stitches. In looking at the last neck down sweater pattern I did the sleeve called for decreasing to 50 stitches at the elbow, so the upper arm was about 60 stitches. I would just increase at the underarm as I have in the past but since this is cuff up and it's a sleeve and shoulder connection I've never done I'm not sure what to do with the extra stitches after I attach the sleeve.