PDA

View Full Version : I am becoming impatient for the knitting mags to come out~

aineepooh1
04-28-2007, 12:05 PM
I am becoming INCREDIBLY inpatient~ I ordered 2 online subscription to knitting mags and 1 to crochet....
Creative Knitting, Crochet, and I FORGOT THE OTHER ONE~! see how long it's been :doh:
I am waiting, waiting, and waiting for them~!! :verysad:

Does anyone else just :heart: :heart: to look through mags and ooh and ahh over all the beautiful patterns and just sit there and let your mind wander after looking at them. I :heart: :heart: to just LOOK at em I think it just turns on my creative juices..
I get all pumped up,, my mind starts to race and I think Well, what if i did it in THIS color, or THAT yarn.. Oh how beautfiul it would be and I could make that for me or so-and so-
You guys understand dont' ya~ :??
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

PinkRoses
04-28-2007, 12:36 PM
I can't tell you have many knitting mags. I've bought with no intention on knitting anything in there. I just love browsing and I guess I just kind of find it comforting. :teehee:

Quiltlady
04-28-2007, 02:45 PM
I subscribe to three knitting magazines and I like them all. I enjoy the advertisements in them as much as the articles. My two favorites are "Knit Simple" and "Creative Knitting". :hug:

debinoz
04-28-2007, 03:24 PM
I subscribed to "Creative Knitting" because they had the free sample issue. I almost cancelled and didn't pay for it because me "free" issue was missing about 20 pages. I contacted them and they said their free issues were not complete magazines, just a "sample." I was confused because I would think they would want their free one to be spectacular to get more people to go ahead and subscribe.

aineepooh1
04-28-2007, 03:34 PM
I agree debinoz... I would think you would want to knock the readers socks off with their free issue~! :shrug:

I dunno why they wont give you a whole mag except b/c of the beancounters idea that we can give them a teaser and then they will want more :grrr:

marykz
04-28-2007, 08:12 PM
LOL- how did you know I was at Jo Anns looking at all the knitting magazines..... I can't possibly knit from them all- but I WANT them all.

That bit about the "sample" is weird, but I've seen it in other areas- i.e. cooking magz. (you get a sample of 15 recipes with teasers for more if you subscribe...)