PDA

View Full Version : Cascade 220 Superwash

candicane
04-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Anyone tell me how soft it is? I want to make a baby sweater (12 month size) with machine washable merino that doesn't break the bank. Thought about KP Swish, but don't really like the colors.

candice

newamy
04-28-2007, 08:27 PM
I've never used it but I've seen it. It seems like I didn't think it was as nice as the superwash sitting near by it at the store. That was Mission Falls which I really like and have used. I've used the KP Swish and it's okay but not quite nice as Mission Falls, both are soft however. Lorna's Laces is very soft- but very expensive. However you do get a lot of yardage. I have had things "grow" more with Lorna's Laces than with Mission Falls after washing.

Good Luck.

dakatzmeow
04-28-2007, 09:41 PM
i have no idea how soft it is. seems like it felt the same as the 220 when i picked it up in the store, but it was $16 and the plain 220 was $6.60. i had to go with the plain 220.

candicane
04-29-2007, 09:58 AM
How about Brown Sheep Worsted Superwash? I like their color selection, but haven't seen or felt it IRL.

ChroniclesofYarnia
04-29-2007, 10:48 AM
220 Superwash is not merino, and it really isn't all that soft.

Julie
04-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Personally, I think it's soft for a non-merino wool. My daughters have sweaters made from 220 superwash (thanks, mom!), and they never complain of itchiness. My neice has a matching one, and she is really, really sensitive to wool, and hasn't complained either. :shrug: They've held up really well too. :D

That said...my older DD also has a sweater made from Swish (the KintPicks superwash) and it's also very nice -- and much cheaper!