PDA

View Full Version : 3 UFO's finished in 1 week & 3 days.... UPDATE

snowbear
04-28-2007, 08:11 PM
OK... I'm doing spring housecleaning, and of course had to reorganize the stash, the books, the magazines.. etc.

I discovered... ( took me awhile, I had hid them well) 2 ufo's. I finished them!!! Now, I'm working on my last ufo. It's a blanket a girlfriend of mine wanted me to knit. She is awesome about taking me to airport when I fly out, to see daughter & her family. ( being at my house at 5:30 am!) SO... I have been knitting on it like crazy- ( I tried to ignore it, but the elves didn't finish it)

So,, Thursday & Friday I knit over 8 hrs each. Double stranded, ww.... :wall:

So,, now I have 2 more repeats of the pattern, or about 12 hrs or so left.

THEN,, I get to do something for me!!!!!

I'm going to finish the dragon I started back when my grandson was born. Daughter poo poo'd it when she found out it was knitted. So I stopped. Well, I've decided I'm going to do it.. (I had ripped out all of it)

Then, when that is finished, I'm making a bridal beaded purse for a girlfriend to carry down the aisle w/ her... ( to carry her rosary... etc.. )

That is made out of silk, and over 6 strands of beads... I'm a bit nervous on that one. It's for June... So, by the time the dragon is done.. 1- 2 weeks, I'm starting on it to get it done. I'm going to learn to bead while doing it.

But, those are things I want to do!...

I'm finally going to knit for fun! Enjoyment! ETC>!!!

It is such a good feeling to have all those books organized, the stash organized, and the little stuff finished up.

Now, if someone would just give me a wonderful shoulder massage, lots of hot compresses... I might make it!

Bear Hugs...

cookworm
04-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Snowbear--hooray for you!!!! :cheering: :notworthy: I have a couple of UFO's sitting around, and yarn for future FO's that I can't seem to get started on. I just exchanged some yarn that I came to hate to something that I really like, so I'm hoping that will get me motivated to work on two projects that I kept putting off.

Your projects sound great, but I'm especially nosy to see how your bridal beaded purse turns out. Can you please post a pic when it's done?

Ellen Edwards
04-28-2007, 09:25 PM
WOW, Snowbear--GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

I never seem to get finished with ANYTHING anymore...you have inspired me to drag out the baby bankie I've started and finish that sucker so I can start the sweater I've been saving yarn for for over 4 months now!!

YOU GO GIRL!!

snowbear
04-28-2007, 09:56 PM
It's in the Knit N Style Apr 07 issue..

It's called Beaded Knitted Bride's Reticule.... I'm ordering the silk... and then the beads... SO.. it is after the blanket .. which will be finished by next Thursday come rain or shine,, :teehee:

Then the dragon.. then it... lol

:happydance:

auburnchick
04-29-2007, 12:52 AM
I'm always amazed at the treasures I find when I actually get around to cleaning. What a boost to find FO's, though!!! And how sweet of you to be knitting so many things for other people.

Get the hot water bottle or heating pad and treat yourself to a do-it-yourself pampering session (not as good as when someone else is pampering you...). Or, take a nice hot bubble bath. Ahhhhh...

snowbear
05-04-2007, 12:18 AM
I am finally able to knit a bit.. and finally finished up the blanket that would never end.

Between the heavy duty meds.. and my cat demanding attention I finished it!

Now.. to relax.. and start on the dragon I ordered at the begining of the year.. No more UFO's here!

Ok.. I'm going back to the pain pills I overdid.. but I'm DONE

*someone remind me that knitting does involve shoulder movement....

dang cat anyway..

bear hugs

Abbily
05-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Good for you!!

Are you doing the dragon from the knitty pattern? I'd love to see that when you're done! I bet your GS will love it!

samm
05-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Way to go Snowbear!!! And now you have all those knitted toy patterns too......... :teehee: I'm proud of you, and of me too! I finished a second sock this week, and have nearly finished a baby hoodie. Tonight for sure! Then putting it together will be the next thing to avoid. Good going Snowbear! samm