PDA

View Full Version : OT: My new toy (sewing machine)

Silver
04-30-2007, 09:44 AM
I've been trying to make the most of my little Singer Featherweight sewing machine, but since I've started quilting, I needed something a bit more powerful. I wanted one of those fancy $3000 machines but knew there was no way hubby would ever go for that. So, on a whim, I checked Craigslist to see what was for sale in my area.

And I found a sweet, sweet deal!

I got a Janome Memory Craft 9000 Sewing/Embroidery/Quilting machine. With all the accessories, 14 presser feet (which are worth about $400 alone), software package and equipment so I can embroider my own artwork and designs... blah blah blah... All of it worth well over $3000...

For $400. Yes, four hundred dollars. :noway:
See it here. (http://www.cometosilver.com/silver/albums/other-crafts/DSC00566.JPG)

The previous owner is so sweet, she was just upgrading to a new machine and didn't need this one anymore. I met her at her house, she let me try out the machine, we talked and talked, she showed me all of her gorgeous quilts, and I walked away with a hell of a deal. Hubby and I later went back together to pick up something she had left out of the box. Man, she was a sweetheart. We're now gonna be quilting buddies! :heart:

Sara
04-30-2007, 09:47 AM
OH. MY. GOD. :thud:

That was an incredible deal! :notworthy:

sara_jayne
04-30-2007, 10:14 AM
:noway: WOW!!!!!!

What a great deal!! Enjoy it! :cheering:

Quiltlady
04-30-2007, 10:19 AM
That is just wonderful!! Looks like you got a great deal.

I recommend you join the HGTV quilting/sewing message board. There are some wonderful people there..including me.

Its to quilting what this site is to knitting. :cheering:

Mariblue
04-30-2007, 11:20 AM
:notworthy: That's amazing!

Silver
04-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Thank you! I'm still in shock. I feel like I stole it because it was such a great deal. *sigh*

VictoiseC
04-30-2007, 06:08 PM
That is SOME MACHINE!tHAT

VictoiseC
04-30-2007, 06:10 PM
That is SOME MACHINE! Craig's list huh! Lucky you Silver.
You know, I broke another needle this morning on my new machine. I just am in a fog when it comes to running these things and I so want to make some simple skirts and dresses. I'm desperate to take some classes, going to have a look around. Have fun with your new machine (and job!)

marykz
05-01-2007, 09:00 AM
that is FABULOUS! lucky girl! Janomes are so nice and you got a Steal. can I come to your house?

aineepooh1
05-01-2007, 03:40 PM
UUhhhhhh I can't stand sewing~! :wall: :wall: :wall:
I took it in home ec and swear I thought I was going to flunk hom ec b/c I couldn't thread that d@mn bobbin~! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
My home ec teacher said .. I've showed you so many times I just don't understand why you can't get it.. :shrug:
and
I hope this isn't wound so tight that it breaks the machine~! :pout:

Congratulations on your treasure~! :hug:
although I think it is AWESOME that other people can and it'a valuable skill~
I don't have the PATIENCE~! :grrr: