PDA

View Full Version : Long-term Knit-Alongs???

Arielluria
04-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Do you ever have long-term KAs, for larger projects? We all seem to have so many things OTN!

I know I can't get a booga bag done by end of May, but if I knew we had until end of June, I could get into it ;)

knitqueen
04-30-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't know that any of the knit-alongs here have specific deadlines. If you post in the thread in the KAL forum, even if most people are finished already, there's bound to be someone working on the same thing.

Ingrid
04-30-2007, 07:43 PM
I think it's because we have so many things going that the KAL's keep on rolling. Even if one seems to be over, as knitqueen said, there's probably somebody working on it--or at least someone who's done it and can help.

ecuzzacrea
04-30-2007, 07:52 PM
There have been a few that I jumped in late and finished late. I posted anyways and got help if needed. I love the KAL threads because you can always go back and read them even if you're just starting a project that had a KAL months ago. Great way to get some tips. :)

My knitting time has decreased because of school and work so it usually takes me forever to finish something. I like the easy going KALs here.

Arielluria
04-30-2007, 08:04 PM
That's nice to know, the Feb. KA was my first and I really enjoyed it. Want to do more, but not enough time to finish within a month.

knitqueen
04-30-2007, 08:37 PM
We love to see FO's, no matter when they're finished!! :hug:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-30-2007, 09:14 PM
I agree! The monthly challenges that I post are just little fun things--I try to give people ideas to play with, something new to try, or just to spak their creativity. I'm still working on March, myelf ;) No deadlines, no pressure, just fun!

auburnchick
04-30-2007, 11:57 PM
I LOVE looking at the KALs, although I have yet to join one. They give me ideas of what to make as well as help along the way. I also get good ideas about what kind of yarn to use too.