PDA

View Full Version : Anthropologie Capelet for 6yo little girl

VickiIL
05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Has anyone resized this pattern for a child? I just finished one for myself and now my 6 yo dd has requested one. I am terrible at resizing patterns. I am sure I can figure it out after much trial and error but I thought maybe one of the more talented designers at KH may have already done it.

carmabelle1191
05-01-2007, 09:31 PM
You can measure around her neck and multiply that by your stitch gauge to get how many stitches to cast on. You should be able to work the reast fine from there. I would also get someone else's opinion as well, because I've never resized a pattern before. :shifty:

Curly_Toot
05-02-2007, 03:29 AM
i know that there are a lot of pages for the caplet and the Knit along thread, but if you read through them there are a couple of posts that explain how to resize it.

i just finished knitting that myself the other week, its a really great pattern!!

marykz
05-02-2007, 08:41 AM
I did this for my almost 5 yo.
I went froma bulky yarn to a worsted yarn
I went from 11's to 10's in the needles
checked gauge
and it ended up I could follow the original pattern *exactly* as written. and it fit great!

I would suggest paging thru the multitude of threads for tips, ideas, and modifications....

knit-errant
05-02-2007, 10:24 AM
checked gauge
and it ended up I could follow the original pattern *exactly* as written. and it fit great!

I would suggest paging thru the multitude of threads for tips, ideas, and modifications....

That was what I was going to suggest; I think I ended up using heavy worsted and US 10s or 11s for my (super skinny) 8 year old.

ecb
05-03-2007, 10:47 PM
checked gauge

That was what I was going to suggest; I think I ended up using heavy worsted and US 10s or 11s for my (super skinny) 8 year old.

I was going to recomend this, becasue i did this for the following shrug
it really is knit till the arm fits