PDA

View Full Version : OK.. I'm slow.. but have an excuse!

snowbear
05-01-2007, 11:06 PM
First let me warn you.. I'm on heavy duty pain meds- muscle relaxers, ibuphropen.. (spelling isn't ever my strong suit).

I'm bored.. I'm hurting (for the reason why go to my blog for a good lol try 4-30-'s post)

I also can't knit w/out severe pain.

So.. I'm reading.. and surfing looking up stuff I've bookmarked and forgot.

I had a friend hide my credit cards... (due to my state of mind) and wow...

I've found all kind of neat knitting sites. Of corse this one is my home base... but.. there's neat stuff out there, that I'm finally understanding whay all the heck you guys have been talking about.

I am notorius to bookmark.. or favorite add to any knitting site I find.

But... while there are others that have all different shopping sites.. and info on them.

This is HOME!

No where else can I find the comraderie, the kindness, and yess the LOVE that is here.

Strangers reaching out to others,, with one thing in common.. love of yarn... ( that way knitters & crocheters are included.. we have both here (

The love that I've received.. and the information has helped me be a better knitter. A better person.. and at times.. it really helps when I've been down.

I know I'm emotional now.. Hormones, meds... and fights w/ family doesn't help either..

BUT> This site has been my life line when I'm frustrated. I have more books than I can count.. I've stacks of magazines.. all knitting.. But I look here first.

I talk to perfect strangers I meet just cause I'm knitting. I always send them to this site...

I just wanted you all to know how much I love all the web sites... but this is home.. The forums, the different divisions... It's just awesome.

THe recent secret kntters exchange.. Showed the love to fellow knitters.

We are like sponges.. if we get squeezed dry we aren't going to be very useful.. but here... we get filled up.. to overflowing to give .

Ok.. I'm going toshut up now.. and let the pain meds send me away ..

bear hugs to everyone!

Sara
05-01-2007, 11:18 PM
:muah:

You are so sweet!

I really want some of what you're on right now. Mellow...

:rofl:

aineepooh1
05-02-2007, 12:44 AM
I second that~! :happydance: :cheering:

cando
05-02-2007, 03:50 AM
Awwww snowbear, that sounds like a nasty painful fall :hug:

I did remember to lol quiety though hehe. Hope ya made the kitty stand in the corner to think about what she/he did?

Enjoy your time off and get well soon!

DQ
05-02-2007, 05:09 AM
Awww, I hope you feel better soon :hug:

Nobones
05-02-2007, 07:33 AM
I know how you feel. I take 12 differnt drugs a day. 2 of those are morphine based. I hope you feel better soon. Meanwhile soak up the love and best wishes being sent your way.

SandraEllen
05-02-2007, 07:46 AM
:hug: I hope that you're feeling better soon!!!
doped up and still in pain is no way to live...

:hug:

Carla1019
05-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Hope ya made the kitty stand in the corner to think about what she/he did? :roflhard:

snowbear,,

:hug: I know you are in pain and tried of the tv. But do take it easy so we can have you back here in no time. :hug:

auburnchick
05-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Snowbear,

You are one of the best reasons that this forum has the loving, "homey" feeling that it does. My heart :heart: :heart: every time I read one of your posts...so full of encouragement for others despite your own woes.

Enjoy surfing the net!! Share some of your good finds!!!

:muah: :muah: :muah:

kemp
05-02-2007, 10:29 AM
That is so nice! I know lots of us feel the same way.

Hope you feel better soon!