PDA

View Full Version : Cardigan

candicane
05-02-2007, 09:24 AM
This is my version of the Karate Cardigan from Twinkle's Big City Knits. It doesn't look much like the original and I am not entirely pleased with it, but I am happy that it at least sort of fits.

The yarn is Elann's Peruvian Cuzco a brushed alpaca. It is really soft and cloud-like squishy. I really like how it looks in this stitch pattern (the Dojo Stitch). I tried a lot of other stitch patterns with this yarn and did not like the way it looked.

Candice

rorygilmore
05-02-2007, 09:48 AM
It looks great and super soft! :cheering:

callmesusan
05-02-2007, 10:31 AM
I love its chunkiness and it looks great on you!

sara_jayne
05-02-2007, 11:25 AM
It is lovely!

ae
05-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Pretty - and perfect for spring!!

carmabelle1191
05-02-2007, 08:08 PM
I think it looks great! I was actually thinking of knitting the karate sweater. Are you going to have some form of "closure", like a button?

dewdrops
05-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Nice lace! :cheering:

candicane
05-03-2007, 08:40 AM
I think it looks great! I was actually thinking of knitting the karate sweater. Are you going to have some form of "closure", like a button?

I tried a button, but the one I used was too heavy. I have worn it with a ribbon tied in the front.

Candice

tarrentella
05-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I can't beleive there is a patter called 'Karate Cardigan' with a 'dojo' pattern! Not only does it look great ( idon't know how it was supposed to turn out candicane, but i like your version :cheering: ) but i have to make it simply because of the name!

my karate mates and sensai always wind me up for bringing my knitting to the dojo, so it would be agreat project to have on the go for breaks in between classes, or those looooong days at tournaments!

candicane
05-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks! I never even put together the Karate/Dojo connection. This is the sweater in the book.

candice

carmabelle1191
05-03-2007, 05:14 PM

I tried a button, but the one I used was too heavy. I have worn it with a ribbon tied in the front.

Candice
That sounds like a nice alternative! I'll have to think about a ribbon for the karate sweater once I make it. :muah: