PDA

View Full Version : Why are we getting so much SPAM??

aineepooh1
05-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I have noticed that in the last 3 days there have been at least 4 threads for spam products..
I know the mods work very hard~! :hug: :hug:
But what the HECK??
can't people leave our little slice of heaven alone~!:angelgrin:

:!!!: :wall: :!!!: :wall: :!!!: :wall: [/i]

Jan in CA
05-02-2007, 06:36 PM
I have deleted them. Please do NOT reply to spammer posts. We will get it as soon as we see it so no need to keep replying which brings the post to the top of the page.

Having an open, public forum like this is going to invite the occasional spammer. Just ignore them and we'll take care of it. Thanks!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

dink
05-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Thank you wonderful mods for taking care of this. :notworthy:

kellyh57
05-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Do you block spammers? Just curious. I thought I remembered that name from before. If it's not the same exact name, can you contact their ISP and let them know of the unwanted activity on the user's end? Does it state somewhere when you sign up that offers or whatnot are not allowed? I just can't believe people have that much time on their hands!

Kelly

Curly_Toot
05-03-2007, 12:00 AM
they always get in - its annoying but unavoidable :doh:

brendajos
05-03-2007, 12:49 AM
there are companies out there that pay people to go on busy sites and post spam.

pretty easy work i would suppose if you are looking for extra money. :shrug:

the truth is though that i find it more irritating that people bump their threads up rather than just letting us bury it by our naturally chatty selves. I can recognize a spam post pretty easily... they don't hide it at all, so it is easy enough to ignore them until they are deleted, unless they keep getting bumped. :shrug:

Jan in CA
05-03-2007, 02:28 AM
Do you block spammers? Just curious. I thought I remembered that name from before. If it's not the same exact name, can you contact their ISP and let them know of the unwanted activity on the user's end? Does it state somewhere when you sign up that offers or whatnot are not allowed? I just can't believe people have that much time on their hands!

Kelly

We ban them when we can, but we have to be careful not to ban an IP that may have legitimate users on it as well. The names are often similar and they are getting harder better at it. :roll:

kellyh57
05-04-2007, 12:02 PM
In another forum I read, they have a "report this post" on the bottom of each post. It's very similar to this one, so I think it may be the same software. Is there anyway to get that here? I think it automatically sends a PM or email to the mods and alerts them of unwanted messages. It also sends a message to the posters that they are being "watched" very closely!

Kelly

Jan in CA
05-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Spammers don't care that they are being watched. We get to them quick enough so don't worry about it. ;)

aineepooh1
05-04-2007, 12:24 PM
thanks Jan in Ca for killing the spam (again)~! :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

or whichever wonderful mod did it~! :happydance: :cheering: :cheering:

Kaydee
05-04-2007, 01:36 PM

I second that! Thanks to our wonderful mods for all of the cleaning house they do. :cheering: :muah:

psammeadred
05-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Yay for the mods! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

nadja la claire
05-04-2007, 02:35 PM

I second that! Thanks to our wonderful mods for all of the cleaning house they do. :cheering: :muah:

Ditto. You guys are FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!!!! :muah: :hug: :happydance: :cheering: :notworthy: :yay: :woot: :clink:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Julie
05-04-2007, 02:50 PM
I had to laugh at the fact that 4 posts is considered a lot -- I admin another forum and before we installed a forum mod to discourage spam registrations, we had at least 100 spammers attempt to register every week. (!!!) And it's a *tiny* forum! Spammers are very, very determined to register and post....and our mods do a fantastic job of stopping them. :muah:

MoniDew
05-04-2007, 08:49 PM
I have deleted them. Please do NOT reply to spammer posts. We will get it as soon as we see it so no need to keep replying which brings the post to the top of the page.

Having an open, public forum like this is going to invite the occasional spammer. Just ignore them and we'll take care of it. Thanks!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you so much for your quick attention to this matter. I apologize for my part in replying to the spam posts. I shall cease and desist.
________
Easy Vape (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/easy-vape)