PDA

View Full Version : Interweave Knits subscription

Stonington
05-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Good Morning! I just received a mailing from IK. They are offering one free issue and $19.95 for the subscription. Can anyone tell me how many times a year it is published :?? and whether it is a magazine you subscribe to and love? :heart: Thanks so much!
anne

suzeeq
05-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Four issues per year, and that's a good deal - they're offering it for $24 on the site. Though there may be a bonus `free' issue included in that.

sue

Jan in CA
05-03-2007, 12:16 PM
I just started getting it and so far I like it. Haven't made anything from it yet though.

Mommy22alyns
05-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm still waiting for my free trial issue!

CarmenIbanez
05-03-2007, 12:37 PM
I just bought my first issue and I :heart: :heart: :heart: it!

Stonington
05-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Ok :hug: I have just put my card in the mail. Thank you so much for your help! :cheering:

anne

nadja la claire
05-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks for this thread. I got the same thing in the mail yesterday and I was wondering if it was worth it.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Stonington
05-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks for this thread. I got the same thing in the mail yesterday and I was wondering if it was worth it.

Nadja xxx

Welcome. :woot:
anne

aineepooh1
05-03-2007, 01:55 PM
i didn't get one~! :pout:

Silver
05-03-2007, 01:58 PM
I :heart: IK. It's my favorite knitting mag.

Ronda
05-03-2007, 02:02 PM
I got one yesterday, too! Hmmmmmmmmm. Maybe I'll throw my card in the mail as well...

robynbird
05-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Me too! I put my card in the mail today. I figure if they want to send me a free issue...ok! :)

JLC
05-03-2007, 02:18 PM
IK is my favorite, too! I usually buy a bunch of others, but Interweave is the only one I subscribe to. :cheering:

Mommy22alyns
05-03-2007, 08:11 PM
You know, as soon as I said something about it, I got my trial issue in the mail today! Good knit-mail day! :happydance:

kellyh57
05-03-2007, 11:50 PM
How did they get our names? I figured it was my LYS that gave them my info, but maybe not! I've only ordered a winder from JoAnns and the rest I've bought at chain stores that I know don't track that well! Did they get them from here or some other subscription? I'm just curious. I always check the "don't give my name out to other companies" box but apparently I missed one or someone ignores that. Just curious.
Kelly

blueeyes28
05-04-2007, 06:32 AM
No fair I got it too but mine is for 21.00!

Stonington
05-04-2007, 07:51 AM
How did they get our names? I figured it was my LYS that gave them my info, but maybe not! I've only ordered a winder from JoAnns and the rest I've bought at chain stores that I know don't track that well! Did they get them from here or some other subscription? I'm just curious. I always check the "don't give my name out to other companies" box but apparently I missed one or someone ignores that. Just curious.
Kelly

I think I know where they got my name/address. :?? Because of the way it was addressed, I believe they got it from Knit Picks. I have only ordered from them and had the delivery made to my work address with the use of my maiden name and married name.

anne

nadja la claire
05-04-2007, 08:28 AM
No fair I got it too but mine is for 21.00!

Mine was for $21 too, but it sells for $6.99 or $7.99 at the book store so it's still a deal.

And Kelly they may also have gotten our names through various on-line subscriptions like Lion Brand, Bernat, etal.

Nadja xxx

HollyP
05-04-2007, 10:20 AM
I read one time a few years ago that a way to track who gives out your info is to put a middle initial say kp for knit picks when you order. Then when you get the unwanted mail addressed to first name kp Last name you know for certain that they sold your name and you can contact them and reiterate that you don't want your name sold.
I hate all the junk mail I get from ordering on the Internet despite checking the box.

kellyh57
05-04-2007, 11:57 AM
I do get Knitpicks catalogs sometimes. I'm not upset, but I am trying to cut down on junk mail and I'm hoping that is all they got my name for. It's not like I'm not interested in that, but I really don't need any more life insurance or home equity loan offers! :grrr:

Kelly

dink
05-04-2007, 12:14 PM
I just saw on the website, if you check out their patterns, at the bottom of the page, it has the offer for $21.00 and the bonus issue. And right above that, it has it for $24.00 and says:

Choose from 2 Exciting Offers!
YES! Send me my FREE trial issue of Interweave Knits . I'll get a one-year subscription (4 issues) for only $24.00—that's a savings of 14% off the newsstand price! If I'm not completely satisfied, I can keep my FREE issue and return the bill marked "cancel" and owe nothing.

BONUS ISSUE & DISCOUNT
PAY NOW and add a 5th issue to your subscription for only $21.00— that's 25% off the newsstand price

Guess that's why. Pay now and get the cheaper price!

nadja la claire
05-04-2007, 02:23 PM
YES! Send me my FREE trial issue of Interweave Knits . I'll get a one-year subscription (4 issues) for only $24.00—that's a savings of 14% off the newsstand price! If I'm not completely satisfied, I can keep my FREE issue and return the bill marked "cancel" and owe nothing.

That's not what the mailing said. The mailing said to mail back the free gift offer and you'll get one free issue you can then decide if you want the subscription. If you do return the bill with a check or money order for $21. If you don't return the bill marked cancel.

It would be nice if they were consistent.

Nadja xxx

dink
05-04-2007, 05:43 PM

That's not what the mailing said. The mailing said to mail back the free gift offer and you'll get one free issue you can then decide if you want the subscription. If you do return the bill with a check or money order for $21. If you don't return the bill marked cancel.

It would be nice if they were consistent.

Nadja xxx

Interesting! Like you said, it would be nice if they stayed consistent. :??

aineepooh1
05-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Guess what? I got my invite in the mail last night for 21$

:happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

orcoastknitter
05-06-2007, 03:16 AM
I got mine... I am sending it in as well (along with my sticker stating don't sell or rent my info).

RiverDaughter
05-06-2007, 03:31 AM
I don't think it came from KP. I haven't received anything from Interweave Knits, and I've ordered from KP extensively. Maybe another chain knitting store sold names? :shrug:

Or a disgruntled employee sold the names illegally. It's known to happen.

feministmama
05-06-2007, 12:28 PM
I've subscribed to IK for a few years now. My offer came in themail saying "get 2 years for $38" I think I might do it. I :heart: IK.

I check the box saying don't put me on your list and I get all the catalogs too, and I buy on line and at Joannes. I'm sure my name is on every knit list there is :teehee:

syndactylus
05-06-2007, 12:55 PM
I was feeling all rejected , but then I got mine in the mail yesterday too!
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Do you think the free issue will be the spring one, or the one after that?
I already have the spring one...

aineepooh1
05-06-2007, 02:22 PM
UUhHH
here's a thought are they getting our names for KH?? :shrug:
sinc we all are posting (here) that we got it

I could be wrong of course :pout:

knitwit628
05-06-2007, 02:51 PM
what kind of patterns and info do they have in it?

brendajos
05-06-2007, 02:57 PM
UUhHH
here's a thought are they getting our names for KH?? :shrug:
sinc we all are posting (here) that we got it

I could be wrong of course :pout:

Well it makes sense that we all got it since we are all knitters. I am sure one way or another we have signed up through them or through someone who sells the info. I signed up for their new website a while back... I could have gotten it from that. I also ordered from their Hurt Book Sale... most likely came from that. I don't recall ever providing my address to this site to register and I am fairly certain that since Amy asked us if we were okay with having the ads on the site, she would probably ask us before she sold our info.

knitwit628
05-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Could anybody tell me what kind of things they put in the magazine? anyone? i might wanna subscribe... :teehee: