PDA

View Full Version : Knitted Digestive System??

KnitClickChick
05-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Not sure if this has been posted before or not, but here it is. I wonder what the person who made this uses it for? Do I want to know??

http://www.strangebuttrewe.com/knitGI.htm

PCwombat
05-03-2007, 10:06 PM
That's so awesome. I remember in fifth grade, we were split into groups and each group got a different organ system to do a presentation on. We had the digestive system. For one of our props, we got this kid-sized mannequin, carved out the chest/stomach area and made the digestive organs out of clay. We called the mannequin "Sally Iva" (Sal Iva). It would have been so cool to have a knitted one.

carmabelle1191
05-03-2007, 10:17 PM
My friend and I were thinking of knitting that and giving it to our science teacher, but I highly doubt we will. It's fun to think about doing though. :teehee:

madametj
05-03-2007, 10:53 PM
oh, wow. its funny how they labled the finger as if it were part of the stomach :teehee:

i find it...odd that the tongue looks like the rectum :ick: :hmm: :zombie:

Sara
05-03-2007, 11:02 PM
My peeps at the Alfred Knitting Studio got together and knit one for a friend who is a high school biology teacher! :cheering: She is using it as a visual aid for her class. It is something you don't forget! :teehee:

cookworm
05-04-2007, 12:24 AM
That's pretty amazing! I also like the knitted uterus patterns
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTwomb.html
http://www.mother-care.ca/uterus.htm
:teehee:

Some people are very talented and crafty!

Abbily
05-04-2007, 09:59 AM
oh, wow. its funny how they labled the finger as if it were part of the stomach :teehee:

I was laughing at that too!

brokenblossoms
05-04-2007, 10:03 AM
It's almost as disturbing as the uterus from Knitty!

...(which I'm thinking about knitting simply so when THAT TIME comes around, I can throw it at the wall repeatedly!)

Kirochka
05-04-2007, 10:52 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

OMG!!! I should knit this for my gastroenterologist!!!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

(Sorry... I have IBS... so after the conversations I've had with the doctor, and the fact that he's done a colonoscopy on me, this would just be so perfect!!!)

Can't stop laughing... :roflhard: :roflhard:

raederle
05-04-2007, 03:09 PM
I made a digestive system- except I sewed it.

For freshman biology, we had to have a big biology-related project for the end of the year. I just hung it from a wire hanger, and it kept falling off. I didn't try to approximate relative sizes at all, just representations of the different parts...I got a B.

And I DID give my midwife and my doula knitted uteruses? And my midwife said she does it use it as a visual aid!

samm
05-04-2007, 05:40 PM
I showed this pattern to my doctor a while back because it always makes me laugh when I see it. He said the person had eaten too much curry! :teehee: samm

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-04-2007, 07:02 PM
well, shoot, Knitty has patterns for a knitted boob and a uterus, nd somehwhere I've seen a heart pattern... we just need some limbs and we got a whole person!

madametj
05-04-2007, 07:41 PM
It's almost as disturbing as the uterus from Knitty!

...(which I'm thinking about knitting simply so when THAT TIME comes around, I can throw it at the wall repeatedly!)

oh, you mean that womb thing? yeah that was creepy.

Carla1019
05-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Did any one look around the web site to see what else was on there to knit.. :whistle: .. I was laughing so hard.. My son who is 18 and my DH, can't come up with any think they would like for me to knit them.. I show them THIS.. and well it was toooooo funny. They both said NO thank you.. :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: