PDA

View Full Version : reverse stockinette on a motif?

dorfmunder
05-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Hello, I have graphed out a single color motif and want it to really stand out so am doing the raised part in rev st instead of garter. I have only done them where the raised motif is in garter. The motif has concentrated solid areas and as I'm working it am afraid it's going to want to contort from the stockinette wanting to curl in different directions since the background is in stockinette. I'm afraid the reverse stockinette and stockinette are going to want to fight each other.

I have the edges in garter, will it eventually lie flat when all of it is completely encased in the edging?

Thanks!

CarmenIbanez
05-04-2007, 03:06 PM
I honestly think this will be difficult to make lie flat. Unless you're using a fiber that you can block and will hold it's shape?

dorfmunder
05-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks, that is what I am starting to think as well. I should have mentioned that I'm using a mercerized cotton.

CarmenIbanez
05-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Cotton is notorious for NOT wanting to keep its shape. In my opinion that is.

suzeeq
05-05-2007, 12:55 AM
I think it will work out okay.

sue

dorfmunder
05-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Well, here are the results :P

http://www.dorfmunder.com/ontheneedles/index.html

CarmenIbanez
05-05-2007, 03:19 PM
You didn't tell me it was RED! It's gorgeous. Excellent job! Let me know if it keeps the shape over time. The technique looks great.

dorfmunder
05-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks! I casted on to go ahead and try it in garter, but only got a few rows into it before a kid wanted to eat or something....what is up with that? :shrug: Why can't my selfish children learn not to interrupt my knitting with such nonsense? :P

suzeeq
05-06-2007, 12:17 AM
Teach them to make their own food!

sue