PDA

View Full Version : Yarn to practice one sock in the other

bip
05-04-2007, 03:11 PM
I am resolved. This weekend I am really going to sit down and figure out the one-sock-inside-the-other thing from Knitty. However, since I've never actually made socks before (tho I have done some double knitting), I am thinking of not practicing with my sock yarn. Instead, I was thinking of using some left-over simply soft in two contrasting colors so I can easily tell one "sock" from the other.

I am not expecting to actually end up with socks from this first attempt, I just want to master the technique. The simply soft is a lot heftier than most sock yarn. Is this going to be a problem for what I want to do? Or would it only be a problem if I wanted to actually end up with socks?

samm
05-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi there! You are brave to try the sockinasock! I'm still plodding along one at a time on dpns. :teehee: I make socks with dk weight yarn sometimes and they work well, and don't take as long to make. I don't know where you live, but around here we need thick socks in our winter boots, and ww makes good ones for that. Hope that helps! samm in Canada