PDA

View Full Version : A felting question

zkimom
05-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Ok, I feel like I should know this but I'll ask anyway.

Do you weave in your ends before you felt something or do you just felt it and then clip the ends off?

I've got a HUGE entrelac bag I'm just finishing and since I had to break my yarn after ever tier, there are tons of ends to weave in.

I am admitting that I hate weaving in my ends and am putting it off and if I could avoid it and just felt the darn thing it would be finished and I would be done already.

So, what do y'all think?

Thanks!
Susan

GinnyG
05-06-2007, 08:01 AM
I usually weave the ends in for a short distance, trim so there is about a 1/4 inch then felt. After felting if there are still any ends I trim them.

Ingrid
05-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Since the ends are inside the bag, I think I'd cheat and felt it. Then see what happens. But then again, if I can avoid ends, I avoid them at all cost! :teehee:

Jax3303
05-06-2007, 09:16 AM
I never weave in my ends on a felted project. I felt it and then cut off the little 'tags' that are leftover. If you felt it throughly, then it will not unravel. You can also cut a felted piece and it wont unravel.

zkimom
05-06-2007, 02:55 PM
I was hoping that would be the answer!

Thanks!

Susan

brendajos
05-06-2007, 02:59 PM
umm... I hate to say this but I have heard of people having felting disasters by the ends either unraveling in the wash or coming out on the wrong side. I don't know how often that it happens but it was enough to keep me from taking the chance. :shrug: