PDA

View Full Version : Zip Front Sweater

GinnyG
05-06-2007, 11:46 AM
I just finished my first ZIPPERED sweater and I LOVE IT!! It is the Knitting Pure & Simple zip front cardigan with Schaefer Esperanza. After I finished it I noticed that you can defiantely tell where I changed yarn skeins, I should have used the two at once and intermingled them. Because I was mostly knitting at night I didn't notice the differenc (lesson learned). It was also my first experience with color pooling in varigated yarn, I did use two skeins and while I did end up with a spot on each sleeve it is much less than I started with (did alot of frogging)

Jan in CA
05-06-2007, 01:14 PM
That is so pretty! Love the color!

hydeemarie
05-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I like the pooling affect. It makes it look like someone put in their own personal touch. I :heart: :heart: :heart: the color combination of the vari. yarn!!!! Great job!

Ronda
05-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Looks like a ton of work, and it came out perfect! :notworthy:

mwedzi
05-07-2007, 12:42 PM
That looks really great! Did you sew the zipper in yourself?

GinnyG
05-07-2007, 01:02 PM
That looks really great! Did you sew the zipper in yourself?

Yup, found a great online tutorial. Hand sewn and using double face tape. EASY!!

Mer
05-07-2007, 10:17 PM
That's very pretty--I love the yarn colors!

sara_jayne
05-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Fantastic!

G J
05-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Can you post the link for the instructions? I made a zip front sweater and can't get the zipper to look good. The back is yuck, and it flaps open so you can see it.
BTW, I LOVE your sweater. I actually like the shading of the yarns (lighter a bit on top, a bit darker on the bottom). Very slimming!

GinnyG
05-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Can you post the link for the instructions? I made a zip front sweater and can't get the zipper to look good. The back is yuck, and it flaps open so you can see it.
BTW, I LOVE your sweater. I actually like the shading of the yarns (lighter a bit on top, a bit darker on the bottom). Very slimming!

I just tried to find it and can't but I did print the tutorial out, so when I get home tonight I'll see if the address is there and post it.