PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

snowbear
05-06-2007, 02:14 PM
OK.. I need a little bragging time.. I''ve been knitting for over 2 1/2 yrs.. Mostly blankets.. a sweater.. scarves.. toys.. stuff like that..

Well, I decided to push the envelope and do that dragon scarf I ordered that my daughter didn't want due to it being knitted( other story)

Anyway.. I had never done a 3 needle bind off.. I general avoid things I don't know how to. and just not learn new things.. Well, I did it.. IT looks great!!!

It worked perfectly like it was supposed to!!

Thanks to Amy's cd.. and the videos.. and reading, lol I figured it out.. It was easier than I thought it would be..

I've let myself-esteem get low to daughter being the wayshe is.. If it isn't perfect.. she didn't want it...

Well, I've taken this dragon scarf step/ step so far.. and I'm really enjoying it. I'm being carefull to follow the steps, and it looks like it was supposed to.. I've made myself push the envelope and raised the bar on what I produce.

I just want to say thanks to all the ones here that have encouraged me in ways they didn't even know.!!

You guys rock! :muah: :hug:

*ok.. back to the dragon :teehee:

aineepooh1
05-06-2007, 02:20 PM
:happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Isn't it AWESOME when what you once thought was HARD is not SO EASY~! :roflhard:

snowbear
05-06-2007, 02:25 PM
I remember thinking pearl stitches were impossible... Then I made myself pearl 15 rows of 25 stitches each..

It wasn't hard anymore...

Practice makes everything easier, lol

That & Amy's dvd!

:teehee:

Jill A.
05-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Is your dragon the dragon scarf from Morehouse Merino? I have been looking at that pattern but haven't ordered it yet.

I would love to see a picture of it (whatever pattern it is) when you are finished!!

KnittingNat
05-06-2007, 05:13 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

snowbear
05-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Jill

Yes.. I ordered it back in January. I was a little timid at first.. and daughter didn't want it due to it being knitted.. ( another story). But.. I've finished up all my ufo's and I decided to do it.

I'm learning new things with it.. and it's really easy. It goes fast, and it's a cutie. Iwould though just order the pattern. I'm not real thrilled w/ the yarn.. but it works ok.

If you were going to make it.. just order the pattern.. It's cheaper.. ( my opinion)

They have a picture on their web site. I've been at it about 2.5 hrs and it's already about 10 inches long.

auburnchick
05-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Sue,

First of all, HOORAY for taking the plunge!!!!!! It takes guts to tackle something intimidating

:cheering:

Now...

Aren't you making that for your grandchild? And your daughter doesn't want anything knitted...especially if it's not perfect???

Here's what I think... not that you asked...

Finish that project and give it to your grandbaby. And forget what your daughter thinks about it. You are not making it for her. Do not let her rob you of the joy of making this. We cannot allow our children (especially our daughters) to make us feel like we aren't good enough.

You have a wonderful, big, sweet heart that seems to overflow with love for those around you. If she can't recognize or accept that love, in whatever form it comes in (knitted goodies, etc.), then share it with her child (or children, if there are more than one).

Sorry to preach. It just makes me angry to hear what you're going through.

Now, take pictures of your FO so we can oooohhhh and aaaaahhhh over it with you.

:muah: :hug: :muah: :hug:

snowbear
05-06-2007, 11:26 PM
auburnchick.

Yes.. she is the one who didn't like things unless they are perfect.

So.. I decided today that I was going to restart the scarf, (dinosaur) and send it to my grandson.

I've finished a baby blanket for my granddaughter's doll, so this will go for him, (grandson)

I've decided I will send the grandkids what I want, when I want. That is my perogative as being a grandmother.

She did call today.. and she did show respect. I was very hesitant... but she did make the first step.

So, I'm going to finish this scarf and send it out.

I thankyou for your kind words.. I do have a tendency to overgive, and thus get hurt in the end.. but.. today I did hear respect in her voice, and she was polite, and appreciative that we talked.

It is a start. You are the one who gave me the strength to do it. Your standing up and doing what's right.. (even when it's hard) inspired me to do the same.

Big bear hugs back to ya!

auburnchick
05-07-2007, 08:33 AM
:muah: :hug: :muah: :hug: :muah: :hug:

::::::::sigh::::::: What good news to hear on a Monday morning.